Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

10? Lol wow, that's kinda overkill on the RDM/DRK, unless you guys have like 50 people. In which case, you still don't need that many stunners! We use two for DL, one for everything else that's zerged.
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

It's the RDM alliance >.> (no really we call it that lol)

and Dynacore is the biggest LS on Seraph, most of our runs have minimum 50 people.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by nanatsu View Post
        All spells in the game are like that. Most (but not all) spells are a higher tier of a previous spell. Despite all of the different names that blu spells have, most of them follow that same rule also. There so many different types of 3 hit blunt damage spells that's it not even funny, each one stronger than the last. So you should be used to this by now.
        I won't dispute that, but it was a bit of downer that our arguably best spell from an expansion that we had to pay for was that when the new mobs had other seemingly more original abilities (easily able to be toned down for blu use if deemed too much) that we could not learn.

WHM75/BLU75/THF75/BLM40/SMN37/NIN37/DNC37/SCH37/BST37

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
          10? Lol wow, that's kinda overkill on the RDM/DRK, unless you guys have like 50 people. In which case, you still don't need that many stunners! We use two for DL, one for everything else that's zerged.
          We usually use two rdm/drks but i find it alittle safer to go with two teams of two
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
            PUP performs just fine against higher level enemies if you gear your automaton correctly. Most people who play the job (not all) generally don't know what they're doing. Before SE adds anymore attachments I'd rather they fix the casting AI. Good lord is the automaton a retard when it comes to magic.

SE did acknowledge that pet jobs in general are need of some buffing though as they hardly get used at end game (even SMN seems to be falling on hard times lately...)

Higher EXP rewards to make IT mobs comparable to chaining VTs would be nice. We need more EXP options, not less SE and they need to be equally efficient so as to keep crowding to a minimum. I'd love to see the old manaburns in sea come back (some ppl got as much as 50k/hour...) but I doubt SE would do that . _ . (plus it kinda contradicts my previous statement lol. Still ungodly exp tho...)

Well the AI thing can be done with parts. They already have the damage meter or what ever it is called but that wasn't at what I meant. How i see puppet is that there puppet should be able to fill any roll in the partry for a limited time, but they have certain overall flaws to that.For instance like a pure tank body, with alot of def and hp, and has the shield block and a guard abilty and pld like white magic spell restrictions. This will allow them to take a hit with out rag dolling across the screen hp wise and have a part that gives them a pld like job ability. Make a complete melee with a 2 hand weapon that mimics Sam and drk and the spells it can use drain and abs spells. This body could have regain as well maybe or at least tp store and have an equip for something like soul eater or last resort or maybe an really expensive part for blood weapon that is rare/ex so once it is recieved you can only have one, and then have a part for hasso. This ideas are all sound but I am afraid that pup will fall into if you want a party you build it this way, but right now everyone is building their pups the same with the sam load out because it has the best function. But I would like the pupsto have bodies that support different play styles rather then just jobs but that might just be me.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
              It's the RDM alliance >.> (no really we call it that lol)

and Dynacore is the biggest LS on Seraph, most of our runs have minimum 50 people.
              Haha, holy shit. We typically enter Dynamis with anywhere between 18 and 24 people, still do DL and two to three fragments. I can't imagine how laggy that must be with all those people. Think the biggest Dynamis group I ever went with was my old linkshell, about 39ish people.

Do you guys like split up for CoP runs? Or do a lot of people get a night off for CoP?

Sorry for the derail. I'm curious. I've never been in a shell that big.
              sigpic

Comment

My wish list!

1) Drk : Manaeater show tarus some love. Any JA gained by level or give Drk a darkness bassed AM.

2) Blm : Tier 2 elemental enfeebles is a great idea. new JA maybe double cast ^^ but not happening.

3) Thf: A+ Dagger skill? why does monk have dodge and thf dont?
                sigpicSolidous! from Laksmi
                CoP: O ZM:O Sandy: 9-1 ToAU:29 WoTG: 15 ACP:O AMK: O
                BLM:95 THF:95 DRK:95 RNG:82
                RDM:95 WHM:95 WAR:60 Nin:92
                SAM:50 BLU:95 DNC:49
                PUP:32 PLD:15 DRG:10
                MNK:22 SCH:6 COR:28

Comment

Maybe BLM should get a Sekkanoki-like ability.

Sekka does kind of a mini- Meikyo Shuisi (I know I spelled that wrong, I don't care, you know what I'm talking about) in that it makes your WS use only 100% TP, so that you can do a quick self-skillchain. It really is a mini-two hour.

What if BLMs had something similar? A job ability, I have no good name for it maybe something like "Mana Null." (yeah it sucks)

10 minute recast
                  Duration: 1 minute, wears upon spell cast (like ES)
                  Level 50+
                  Causes your next spell to cost zero MP.

Trust me, this would not be overpowered. If you're on BLM and you're out of MP, chances are you're right at the borderline of being across the hate line, if you're not there already. That would not be a good time to use this ability, unless you are soloing. Not gonna overpower soloing, BLMs are already very powerful at soloing so there is nothing wrong with an added boost to that in my opinion. Solo BLM isn't gonna go away. However, using this can allow you conserve better and let your MP last a bit longer, which is nice, also reduces downtime for parties if you choose to have a BLM in one. Also, Manafont lasts ... 2 minutes? I think, during which I can cast three to five spells depending on whether I am getting smacked/running away/any other thing that might happen. This would only work for one spell.

This idea of the "mini two hour" could be useful for other jobs as well, for some jobs it would be overpowered but I liked the idea of it when Sekkanoki came out for SAMs. Doesn't really fall outside the realm of what the job does, doesn't really step on any other job's toes, and doesn't overpower anything.

Thoughts?
                  sigpic

Comment

And RDM gets DoubleCast in the form of a job ability that makes next spell take zero casting time and makes recast zero afterwards.

Emergency Stoneskin/Utsu Ni, go!
                    sigpic
                    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

3) Thf: A+ Dagger skill? why does monk have dodge and thf dont?
                      Because MNK doesn't have A+ Evasion Skill or +48 Evasion in traits? Let's not forget A-something parrying too. I mean, there's really no comparison there.

I wouldn't be opposed to Mana Null if it's on a 10 minute timer, that's hardly unbalancing. Kinda would give BLMs a watered down Convert in that they save some 300ish MP every 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                        And RDM gets DoubleCast in the form of a job ability that makes next spell take zero casting time and makes recast zero afterwards.

Emergency Stoneskin/Utsu Ni, go!
                        There would be so many hurdles to making something like that not overpowered. Maybe making it so you must cast the first spell for the full casting time, and the second spell casted must be the exact same category (like If you cast Thunder, the follow up spell must be Elemental magic) and something like having an increased recast for the second.

But better yet...well...actually, I can't justify having Doublecast for really any reason other than RDMs in other FFs had it. But then, in Final Fantasy I, Haste was a Black Magic spell. Go figure...

EDIT: I wouldn't mind a mini Manafont. But would this idea be overpowered? A 10 minute job ability that allows BLM to cast an enmity-less spell?
                        sigpic

Comment

The main problem with implementing Doublecast in FFXI is that we are neither using a turn-based combat system, nor do all the spells have equivalent casting times (nor equivalent recasting times, for that matter). The closest way it could be even possible is to do something overly complicated, like once you activate Doublecast, the next spell you cast won't go off until you select a second spell to cast, casting time is the average between the two spells, they both go off at the same time, and recast timers are unaffected. The biggest exploit I see coming from this is a 4-second Stoneskin + Flash or something like that, but that wouldn't be too broken, would it? >.>?

Aside, it's not like Red Mage even needs an update any time soon in comparison to Summoner or Black Mage or almost everything, really. But getting something else before 2015 wouldn't be too bad, either. <.<

EDIT: I forgot what if two of the same spell was desired for casting. I guess the recast timer on the first selected Doublecast spell wouldn't be activated before it was actually cast, making it possible, however with the penalty of double the recasting time.
                          Originally posted by Armando
                          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                          Originally posted by Armando
                          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                          Matthew 16:15

Comment

...Just thought I'd mention:

For all this talk about what BLMs need, nobody is talking about NIN, even though NIN is among the jobs that is commonly listed as needing an update.
                            sigpic

Comment

Besides endgame tanking, I don't think NIN really needs any improvements. If they get one it's purely due to not getting any updates since forever.

Comment

I dunno, maybe an added emnity JA kinda like PLDs Sentinel? Since we are sorta on the topic of mini-two hourish type JA's, why not a 5 min JA that maybe generates a fair amount of hate, increases eva, and decreases atk? Or something? I dunno........not the best when it comes to game mechanics.
                                Originally posted by Van Wilder
                                Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                                No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                                Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                                I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Working...
                                X