Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Starlight Celebration Gift! (12/19/2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Starlight Celebration Gift! (12/19/2007)

Happy Starlight Celebration, kupo!
    That's right! Starting today, the Starlight Celebration festivities are in full effect in all three nations!

The city dwellers have brought out their biggest and brightest lights, decorating the streets and buildings in such a dazzling fashion, one might think they were defying the starry skies themselves, kupo!

So what plans are on your docket for this year's festivities, kupo?

A quiet evening alone with your wishes and prayers under a majestic, starry sky?
    Ooo, you old romantic! That sounds simply amazing, kupo!

A tour of the three nations with a close companion, delving into the finer points of San d'Orian, Bastokan, and Windurstian seasonal ornamentation?
    Now that sounds like an absolute hoot, kupo! A night full of memories just waiting to happen!

What? What? You can tell me!
    Just you and that special someone nestled up in the cozy warmth of your mog house?
    Well, I'm sorry to rain on your parade, but I might be a bit of a third wheel on that one, kupo...

Well, whatever plans you may have, one thing is for sure. We moogles have noticed adventurers everywhere are a smidgen exhausted, kupo. It's been a long year of gallivanting about from continent to continent, questing, battling, and whatnot.
    At the very least we'd like to make the Starlight Celebration a time for them all to get a little rest and relaxation, kupo!

We've got a mess of gifts all ready here to help you enjoy this year's holiday season to the utmost, kupo!

Alright!
    Time to start handing these things out, kupo!

Why so surprised, kupo?
    Don't tell me you thought all of these presents were for you, kupo.
    Come on, where's your giving spirit?
    This is your chance to experience the joy of being a smilebringer and make the most out of this year's Starlight Celebration, kupo!

Let's see what we've got here, kupo...Ah-ha!
    A little something for that elegant Hume with the glistening gold armor and friendly smile, kupo!
    And this is for that lovely young Elvaan lady with that gleaming black scythe!

And then there's...huh?
    I wonder who this one is for, kupo...
    Maybe for that gourmet Mithra with the inordinately discerning palate when it comes to rice balls, kupo...?

This isn't looking good, kupo.
    There's waaay too many gifts here to keep track of who gets what.
    This could prove to be quite the pickle, kupo!

There's only one thing to do, kupo! We have to meet each recipient face-to-face to make sure we've got it right!
    As you may or may not know, we moogles are memory receptacles par excellence, kupo! As soon as we put a face to the name, I'm sure we'll be able to recall what goes where, kupo.

That's where you come in, kupo! We need you to go and find other adventurers who may be potential recipients, and bring them to see us.

Help us make this the best Starlight Celebration ever, kupo!

Illustration by Mitsuhiro Arita

Event Schedule
    The Starlight celebration will begin at midnight on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 and continue until 7:00am on Monday, December 31, 2007.

Event Locales
    During the above times, event moogles and smilebringers can be found at the following locations:

Moogle Locations
    - Southern San d'Oria (J-9) / Northern San d'Oria (D-8)
    - Bastok Markets (G-8) / Bastok Mines (I-9)
    - Windurst Woods (K-10) / Windurst Waters (F-5)

Smilebringer Locations
    - Northern San d'Oria (J-9)
    - Bastok Mines (I-9)
    - Windurst Waters (J-9)

Specialty Shops
    Players can find specialty shops peddling seasonal wares at the following select locations:
    - Northern San d'Oria (D-8)
    - Port Bastok (L-8)
    - Windurst Waters (G-10)

-----

I'll be amazed if im the first to post this, but i couldn't find it.
    Last edited by Taskmage; 12-19-2007, 05:50 AM.

Re: A Starlight Celebration Gift! (12/19/2007)

Anyone else get stuck on a particular request for hours? I can't find an Elvaan Female Ranger anywhere.

Edit: And now I'm recieved two andromeda cards with no name on them... which can't be turned in. ><;
    Last edited by Coinspinner; 12-19-2007, 08:37 PM.

Comment

This event is bad planned, the Moogles ask you for job/lvl combinations that aren't even on the server at times. Let alone the city where you are.

They should've made the event only job/race/gender specific, the lvl thing really makes things more difficult than they should.

We had to move to Sandy to finish the quest a couple of times, then back to Basty.

And now I'm stucked trying to find a dancer lvl 38+, good thing I should be able to drop that tomorrow.
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
        This event is bad planned, the Moogles ask you for job/lvl combinations that aren't even on the server at times. Let alone the city where you are.

They should've made the event only job/race/gender specific, the lvl thing really makes things more difficult than they should.

We had to move to Sandy to finish the quest a couple of times, then back to Basty.

And now I'm stucked trying to find a dancer lvl 38+, good thing I should be able to drop that tomorrow.
        If you get a bad card (Galka Female COR 38+ or some such), you can talk to the moogle while solo and get a new one. I'm sure the restriction was known ahead of time to be rather stringent, but think about the reward you get for it--Enhanced Sneak boots with a free charge of Sneak every 2 hours. Enhanced Sneak is so very, very nice especially for those of us who already have the luxury of the Skulker's Cape (WHM/BLM/RDM/SMN/BLU).

Comment

The thing is you can't do it right away, you have to wait god knows how many hours to cancel (hence why I said I should be able to drop it tomorrow ).

That means if you got a bad race/job/lvl/gender combo you completely lost that night of the event.

Edit >

PS: Yeah I got the Boots +1 but it wasnt worth the hassle compared to all the other events before this one. Heck even the egg trading was waaaay more enjoyable than this one.
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I got the +1 boots for helping someone :3
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Yeah, I got my +1 boots for being someone's low-level Galka thief.

Then suddenly there was a run on Galkas, and I got tons of fireworks and food; I wish I'd thought to sell those instead of dropping them from the start, I would have more than made up the 20k I spent on NQ robe and hat.

To avoid getting cards with no name on them, make sure you and your partner are both in the zone and not in the mog house after you change to the right job.
              Ellipses on Fenrir
              There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
              . . .

Comment

I've had no trouble at all with this, got the 3 Mog house things pretty much within 5minutes, then a dream robe+1 followed by dream shoes when I found a Galka rdm lv37-. After that I got all the foods and fireworks constantly so I decided Id help other people instead and got the dream boots+1 from the first person I helped :D. How do you get the hat? Ive had neither versions, they are the only things I havnt got at all.
                75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                Woodworking 91.9+2
                ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

The NQ hat you can buy from relevant moogles. The HQ you get by doing stuff with the Smilebringers and tree furnishings, or by doing the card-trading thing. Conflicting reports and all that, but the link should help.
                  Ellipses on Fenrir
                  There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                  . . .

Comment

Does the Kadomatsu count as a "city tree" for the Dream Hat +1?

Also, anyone know how to get the Dream Coat +1? People are kind of vague on the way to get it on the wiki!

I've gotten the Stocking and Plate from helping people out now, and got the Dream Boots +1 from finding the right person after all.
                    There will be cake.

Comment

I got my Dream Coat +1 by doing the card trading thing once I'd bought the NQ coat and hat. I can't remember if I got that one by being someone else's match, or by finding a match.

No idea about the Kadomatsu.
                      Ellipses on Fenrir
                      . . .

Comment

If ya dont have Dream Hat and Dream Robe from past events u need to buy em.

to get Dream Robe +1 u need to find the player that match what Mogle ask (u HAVE to be wearing Dream Robe).

to get Dream boots and Dream Boots +1 u have to be the helper (match someone else request) the first time u will get NQ the sencond time u will get Dream Boots +1 (if u are wearing Dream Boots).

to get Dream Hat +1 first u need to buy a NQ one if u dont have 1 already. then talk to the smilebringers and they will give ya Present's for the Kiddies trade those to a kid in any nation then keep doing this until the smilebringer tells u that "the kids love u" the go back to your mog house (in your nation) and ur Mog will tell u that he found a present for ya this morning and u will recive "special present" go out ur Mog House and use it to recive Dream Hat +1
                        Note: u need a tree placed in ur House to get the item, u MUST have Dream Hat equiped so the Kids can acept the gifts, u can only recive 1 "Present for the kiddies" 1 per Vana'diel day but can give Fireworks to the kids instead of it)

Hope this help.

Comment

Definitely helps, thanks!

I think I got screwed on the Dream Coat +1 because when the person traded me a card, it didn't have any name on it and the moogle wouldn't accept it.

Guess I'll have to find a Mithra Dancer lvl 1-37. /sigh
                          There will be cake.

Comment

I just got my Dream Boots+1 and a Mandragora Belt. I couldn't be happier. God, I love the Starlight Festival. ^_^
                            Daos Soulstaff
                            Hume WHM 21, BLM 20
                            Alchemy 12.6, Fishing 0.1
                            Bastok Rank 2
                            (Cerberus)

"Humanity spends way too much time making sure everyone's opinion is heard instead of making sure their opinion is worth hearing." - [GM]Dave

Comment

Does this quest reset itself (the one for the robe)? Right now the moogle is mad at me 'cause the person I gave the card to wasn't 38+.

Today was my first time playing in four years and I really shouldn't have started off with a quest.

Comment

Working...
                              X