• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 8-27 Update!

Originally posted by Necropolis View Post
    From what some friends were parsing in game from just a war perspective:
    Ridill/Joy > Man/Ridill > Gaxe > Man/jugg
    No bard or anything, but I'd hardly say dual-wield is dead. The Gaxe only marginally out preformed the man/jugg combo. I guess I'll be running more parses during exp and see if 2-handers are just broken now, or just merely equivilant to former dual wielders.
    Will making meripo parties easier to do, don't have to wait for camp to open and 3 wars to pop if I wanna burn. Drk, Drg, and sam it appears at the moment to be very capable DDs on par with mnk and war now.
    Curious though, as 2 handers were suppose to have an advantage on higher defense mobs (i.e. not colibri), yet we're seeing big boost in ws numbers. Even gimpy staff on my whm is hitting a lot harder. Wonder what this means at king camps and other endgame things...like dynamis ..and limbus...and and and...
    Wow, lots of numbers to digest, back to work.
    Were they geared accurately, though? No one has a newly optimized 2handed build yet. If this is the BG thread I glanced at, they were using identical gear, and probably too much accuracy.
    "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

h2h and other 1h dmg is capped.

go to w.ron and whack away... itll be something like this...

184 crit
      184 crit

sigh... its a great and much needed boost to 2handers but i dont see why 1handers had to get an adjustment also.

armando: if no changes were made to h2h then whats with the capped dmg? it wasnt like that before yesterday.
      Last edited by Omni; 08-28-2007, 03:05 PM.
      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
        Yeah, having a Hauby and a GreatSword might not completely suck now. But I'm still not going to raise that skill until I'm 60.

And I retract my statement about MNK, because yes, that's all they can do: hit stuff.
        Well ... I want to do some testing on my DRK w/ her Gaxe (+Crit) and body (+Crit) and see what kind of damage I parse w/ and w/o grips. D:

I also want to see what kind of Guillotine I can do with meat + /WAR + JAs ... =Lewls?

Need to add that the accuracy changes means I get more opportunities for crits landing ... (% works well if the base amt it's multiplied by goes up as well)

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
          sigh... its a great and much needed boost to 2handers but i dont see why 1handers had to get an adjustment also.
          Isn't that obvious? SE already dropped hints mutiple times going back almost 3 years where they entertained the thought (or given serious consideration) with regards to players complaining how 2hd weapons, with their higher DMG rating and supposed ability to draw in bigger numbers, were in fact, greatly inferior to 1hd weapons dual wielded.

Rather than nerfing a job class in order to correct this issue, they had to come up with something that would improve the game overall and also keeping it balanced.

Comment

Like I said, the PDIF ranges for EVERYTHING THAT'S NOT A TWO-HANDED WEAPON (caps for emphasis, not to make you feel stupid) got changed. Before, when you capped Attack, your PDIF roll would range from 1.6 to 2.4. Now if you cap Attack on *any* non-two-handed weapon, your PDIF "rolls" a 2.0 every time. Not really a big deal because the average of 1.6 and 2.4 is 2 anyways. On the contrary, this is helpful, because under the old system crits could be "wasted" (e.g. you roll a 2.4, crit adds +1, but PDIF has a max of 3, so you only got an extra 0.6).

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
              Before, when you capped Attack, your PDIF roll would range from 1.6 to 2.4. Now if you cap Attack on *any* non-two-handed weapon, your PDIF "rolls" a 2.0 every time. Not really a big deal because the average of 1.6 and 2.4 is 2 anyways.
              The average between 2.0 and 2.4 is 2.2 though, so wouldn't this be a 10% improvement?

(I don't know what I'm reading here. Just ignore me if that made no sense.)

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
                Isn't that obvious? SE already dropped hints mutiple times going back almost 3 years where they entertained the thought (or given serious consideration) with regards to players complaining how 2hd weapons, with their higher DMG rating and supposed ability to draw in bigger numbers, were in fact, greatly inferior to 1hd weapons dual wielded.
                Rather than nerfing a job class in order to correct this issue, they had to come up with something that would improve the game overall and also keeping it balanced.
                yes it is obvious, whats ur point? thats the whole reason why im glad they got the boost in the first place. was there a point to your post?

i just dont see why 1h weapons had to receive a change as well. because my dmg wasnt capped before monday.

Comment

Omni, their damage wasn't "capped." I can't really break it down further without repeating myself. Read my last two posts and if there's something you're not getting, ask. For all we know, PDIF for one-handers scales up better now.

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
                    yes it is obvious, whats ur point? thats the whole reason why im glad they got the boost in the first place. was there a point to your post?

i just dont see why 1h weapons had to receive a change as well. because my dmg wasnt capped before monday.
                    Go back and read Armando's response. And he thinks it's because of PUP's using H2H which resulted in some kind of a change (Although that is a stretch)

Of course, 1hd weapons would need some change because they can't take advantage of grips, which 2hd weapons are getting.

Comment

Omni, your damage was always capped. It was a range of caps, sure. And now you're always landing square in the middle of it.

By the way, this damage cap will probably never occur on an Easy Prey mob unless you're wildly buffed (ok, maybe Decent Challenge is more fair of a benchmark).

You were not nerfed. Your ability to kill rabbits in W. Ron. got normalized. Hardly anything to get up in arms about.
                      Last edited by Lmnop; 08-28-2007, 03:36 PM.
                      "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                        Omni, their damage wasn't "capped." I can't really break it down further without repeating myself. Read my last two posts and if there's something you're not getting, ask. For all we know, PDIF for one-handers scales up better now.
                        i've read your response and i understand the math. just was confused at why dmg was 'capping' out on tw mobs when it didnt before. getting a crit can actually be more 'useful' now since we dont waste that .4 like u said.

im having mixed feelings about how hits is playing out. i wouldnt say its epeen envy because its really needed for 2handers but at the same time soboro is dishing out pre update hagun type dmg now. hmm....

lnmop: ur right, it is being normalized. my fault.

Comment

But the post from KI with 3358 dmg Penta Thrust on Spongilla Fly in Caedarva Mire XD

I have a feeling that if S-E intention is to even out 2-handed vs dual weird, there should be a method for 2-hander to on-par with Ridill WAR.
                          Server: Quetzalcoatl
                          Race: Hume Rank 7
                          75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

O.O >.< O.O >.< O.O >.< @_@ >.< <.>â„¢
                            Ok.... trying to get a general idea of what happened since i last posted on this thread(some reason didn't get on my subscription list)....
                            1dex=1acc??!.....And... they nerf the dmg to for thf and mnks!?!! /fume.....
                            Great... just great.... -.- please tell me i didn't interpt it correcty.....

Edit....
                            Did testing on whm/nin with clubs. Dmg seemed a bit high on EP mobs
                            Before update, 30-50, now, 40-70. Whm/sam with staff (skill 167 mind you) and using just seigan/third eye. Near perfect acc, dmg 50-90, crits 100-120. Sunburst 100-125. Yeah......... I'm a bit scared to test on thf.....
                            Last edited by Akashimo; 08-28-2007, 07:37 PM. Reason: nuuuuuuuuu
                            Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

For the last time, one-handers didn't get nerfed D: They made some tweaks to the damage formula, but as far as I can tell non-two-handed weapons didn't get penalized in the process at all.

Comment

It's not that we got nerfed, the 2hs just got too ridiculous a boost.

fk yes

Comment

Working...
                                X