Grand Company Seals question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Company Seals question

Are these used for anything important? I have like 40k, and i dont think any of the equipment i can get with them is better than what I have or what I'm going to get. Are they used for promotions? LIke you need to turn in like 10k to get promoted? If no, I'm hopinh they come out with a good use for them because I'm going to be at the cap soon...
    75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
    RANK 10 Bastok
    CoP: Done
    ZM: Done
    ToA: Done
    Assault rank: Captain
    Campaign Medal: Medals
    Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
    This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Re: Grand Company Seals question

The cap is 50k at the current max rank. There isn't anything incredible you can spend it on. I'd go as far as to avoid the weapon and armor, since they're non-convertible, and convertible goods can make you a lot of money if they turn up the right materia. You can purchase items that reset your stat allocations, and items that boost crafting and gathering experience rates if you want something to sink your points into that you can use later. I don't know when they're planning to release the next batch of ranks, but you'll need seals to buy into it.

Comment

On the plus side, when you're done with GC gear you can trade it back in via Expert Delivery to recover a few seals.

Otherwise most of the GC gear is pretty crap and too expensive. I tend to just blow my seals on Dark Matter lately to save gil on repairs. Manuals aren't bad either if you want a boost to crafting & gathering.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

The ilevel 55 weapons and offhands might be worth it if you hit a fresh 50 class/job and you want something to start with while you work on your ifrit/garuda/relic weapons (excluding Titan since you'll probably be killing Titan for the sake of relic in most cases). You have the option of grinding WP for ilevel 60 weapons or spending money to craft the ilevel 70 ones as alternatives as well.

The items MIGHT appear expensive at first when you hit 50, but if you plan on leveling another combat class to 50--with traditional questing used up, your options generally include FATEs, dungeon grinding, or the few and rare exp-chain parties (this idea might have fizzled out by now given how fast and brainless FATE grinding has become). If you opt to jump on the FATE train, you'll find yourself easily hitting the 50k cap multiple times from your 30's to 50. I ended up buying the both bardings, the pet, exp manuals, and 1 respec tome and still had 38,000 seals left by the time I hit 50 on my arcanist.

Comment

Weapons from Wanderer's Palace, the Darklight group, are iLevel 55. They're better than company weapons, if you're curious, because their fourth stat isn't reliant on wearing multiple pieces of company gear. There may also be a crafted iLevel 55 weapon, which will come with materia slots, but I believe they're designed to be slightly worse than Darklight weapons.

Comment

Since there's really nothing you can use these seals for, why not purchase the weapons and gear? Sure, they're non-convertible, but if you're at cap, you're losing seals, so I would argue not spending the seals is more wasteful than purchasing not-so-ideal weapons. And they're still far superior to crafted items pre-50. You also avoid spending gil, which you can use to spend on more useful things, especially at 50, like materia, or repairs.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
            Weapons from Wanderer's Palace, the Darklight group, are iLevel 55. They're better than company weapons, if you're curious, because their fourth stat isn't reliant on wearing multiple pieces of company gear. There may also be a crafted iLevel 55 weapon, which will come with materia slots, but I believe they're designed to be slightly worse than Darklight weapons.
            You're assuming 100% drop on weapons. I went a full 25+ levels w/o seeing a single weapon drop from my dungeon runs until I did Vigil.

Comment

Again, this is why I use my seals on dark matter, because even with the patch Grade 5 DM still eats into your gil rather quickly. SE honestly needs to slow down the rate at which gear deteriorates a bit. Not much, about 20~25% slower would be perfect. I hate having to fix my stuff every 2 instances (and this is without the death penalty, it's far worse if you die a lot)

As Aeni said, GC weapons aren't a bad idea to start with either until you can get Ifrit Weapons.
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
              X