• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystal Call Trailer

sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: Crystal Call Trailer

I think everyone saw the PS4 thing coming.

Also, that was a shitty trailer. It just felt like Jubilee from X-Men was hiding off screen throwing her fireworks everywhere.
    sigpic

Comment

I thought it was great.

Also, look at 3:07 - that DRG is doing Omnislash, and he has a Buster Sword!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Trailer is gonna look bad if you watch it after watching the FFXV reveal. Ha ha ha.

But I'm looking forward to Phase 3 Beta.

Comment

FFXIV ARR trailer is still better than FFXV trailer, mew.

FFXV trailer is only overrated because of the graphics and GOW method of setpieces that may wow the crowd, but mask the linearity and less interaction of that "gameplay".
          People will get bored and run out of things to do in FFXV, especially after the story and whatever sidequests it has are done in a week.
          It most likely has less replay value than FF10 (which had no replay value, ironically.)

Comment

Did Cid just call his airship the "Enterprise"?

EDIT:

...Also did Gaius van Baelsar just say "Igorance" instead of Ignorance? >.>
            Last edited by Hayde; 06-11-2013, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayde View Post
              I most certainly did not. It's the Highwind dammit.
              Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
              Name: Drjones
              Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

You were expecting a Federation Starship?
                Space Shuttle?
                Aircraft carrier, perhaps?

Comment

EDIT:

...Also did Gaius van Baelsar just say "Igorance" instead of Ignorance? >.>
                  He did call it the Enterprise which boggles the mind. I hope it was intentionally done to minimize spoiling the storyline and not intentional as part of the story. Or perhaps a misstep from their VA who was borrowed from the set of Star Trek :p

I think he said ignorance with the N, but his Darth Vader voice garbles it up quite a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
                  FFXIV ARR trailer is still better than FFXV trailer, mew.

FFXV trailer is only overrated because of the graphics and GOW method of setpieces that may wow the crowd, but mask the linearity and less interaction of that "gameplay".
                  People will get bored and run out of things to do in FFXV, especially after the story and whatever sidequests it has are done in a week.
                  It most likely has less replay value than FF10 (which had no replay value, ironically.)
                  I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. FFXV trailer was heavy on the CG which will make anything else afterwards seem like "old". The FFXIV trailer was heavy on the PS3 gameplay. It would probably look a lot better if they used footage from a PC (or even a PS4 if they're really far into development for that platform) but I digress.

As for gameplay in FFXV, you're just making a lot of assumptions, since you nor I nor anyone else here has ever played it or seen anyone else play it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post

I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. FFXV trailer was heavy on the CG which will make anything else afterwards seem like "old".
                    Well there was certainly nothing Final Fantasy feeling about the XV trailer besides Leviathan and the crystal, mew.
                    It's looking to be less of a Final Fantasy than the FFXIII games, just like Spirits Within back then.

Comment

In case anyone missed it before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...TwUREM#t=4011s

Is "around" where the Ifrit streaming started--you can move the slider around if you want a precise point, but this is more to give a feel of how end-game/"raids" work in ARR. Looks like the fight looks visually and mechanically the same as 1.0 Ifrit. I don't think is breaking the NDA since it's ...well, footage directly from SE"s channel.

Comment

You guys are all reading into it way too much.

Yeah it's a ST reference, but that's because that's how it was with FF4 - Or am I the only one who remembers that Cid called his ship that in FF4? There's all kinds of references going on now in XIV.
                        sigpic

Comment

My favorite part was the display of past FF games in the beginning. They are definitely trying to tap into player nostalgia. It worked.
                          FFXIV Balmung Server
                          Tenro Matashi
                          PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Oh I guess they are learning, mew.

Comment

Hay gaiz.

Let's make and cripple our game for a console in the last months of its cycle, then release a good version on the newer generation a few months later, kk? Ho care that some game mechanics will be ps3 limitation?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X