XIV ARR Collector's Edition topic. news, info, content, rumors, official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XIV ARR Collector's Edition topic. news, info, content, rumors, official

Oh sorry for making a topic so soon but I'm sure all of you will appreciate very early up to the minute news about the Collector's Edition.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn PS3 Box Art, Collector’s Edition and PS3 Details Leaked | DualShockers

And it really doesn't count as a leak since it's going to be revealed soon anyway, mew.

Today seems to be a big day for Square Enix, and I suspect we’re going to get a firm release game for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. How do I know? Two major leaks just happened.
    First all someone managed to dig what seems to be the official European cover of the game from Amazon’s servers. You can see it above.
    It features one Gaius van Baelsar, one of the villains heavily featured in Final Fantasy XIV and returning in A Realm Reborn. If you don’t know who he is, you can check out my The Story So Far recap column. Also featured is a scene from the fall of Dalamud and the appearance of Bahamuth.
    Secondly, a post that was supposed to announce the release date of the game and several pieces of utility information for those that already purchased the original Final Fantasy XIV was accidentally posted on the official Lodestone website. While the post didn’t actually include the most juicy part (the release date) and was taken down in a hurry, people still managed to read and leak its contents.
    To make a long story short, they will be able to download the PC version for free. Those that want the PS3 version will have to purchase it.
    If you bought the collector’s edition of Final Fantasy XIV you will get the digital items included in the new collector’s edition of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn for free via Moogle Mail: those are the Helm of Light, the Baby Behemoth Minion, the Behemoth Barding, and the Coeurl Mount.
    In addition to this Legacy Players (if you don’t know what a Legacy Player is, chances are that you aren’t one) will get to take part in the game’s early access before launch.
    If you want to purchase multiple copies of the PS3 version, you’ll have to prepare multiple PSN account, as each PSN account can be linked only to a single copy. If you also have a PC version of the game, once you register your PS3 copy you’ll be able to log in with the characters from your old PC version as well (but not at the same time with both platforms).
    There will also be a Collector’s Edition Digital Upgrade Service that will allow players to upgrade their Final Fantasy XIV standard edition to collector’s edition status (for a yet unspecified fee) and receive the items mentioned above.
    So there you have it. While you should definitely consider all of this a rumor until officially confirmed, the floodgates are probably about to open. Personally I’m guessing we’ll see a release date set around August the 1st, but this is just my personal speculation based on the elements we have so far.
    Are you ready to brave the reborn Eorzea? I know I am, and if you’re still on the fence you can check out my hands-on preview of the beta.

EDIT:

oh it's official. ^.^

FINAL FANTASY XIV : A REALM REBORN
    Last edited by jenova_9; 05-23-2013, 07:32 AM.

Re: XIV ARR Collector's Edition topic. news, info, content, rumors, official

The boxart on the new CE...

I want it ; ~ ;

Click image for larger version

Name:	box.png
Views:	1
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	1476718
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Tour of Eorzea part 2 ^.^

Comment

was about to post that

Also, the new producer letter is up;

Letter from the Producer, XLVI (05/23/2013)

Letter from the Producer, XLVI (05/23/2013)
        Hello again to all of you eagerly awaiting FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. We're now in the homestretch of our preparations for phase 3 of the beta test. Today is a special day, and I wanted to share my excitement with you all by way of my forty-sixth Letter from the Producer!

After keeping fans on edge for what must have felt like an eternity, today we finally announced the release date for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn! To coincide with this, we’ve also begun accepting preorders!

I hope you're all ready, because the adventure begins August 27, 2013! You're probably all curious about the timing of the release, but taking into account everyone's feedback from the beta test along with our goals for the start of A Realm Reborn, this is the date we've decided on. This will be a simultaneous worldwide release for both the PC and PlayStation 3.

Today’s announcement is accompanied by a slew of information. We have samples of the box art, brand-new illustrations by Yoshitaka Amano, the contents of the collector’s edition, and info on pricing as well as preorder bonuses.

We wanted to make sure everyone has the opportunity to explore Eorzea, and so we've done our best to make the game as affordable as possible. Having said that, a lot of work went into the collector's edition, so if you enjoy memorabilia, you won't be disappointed (but even this will be offered at barely cost price). Those of you who played Version 1.0 or are planning to play on PlayStation 3, make sure to read the Lodestone for more details(US/EU) before preordering.

We've also released a new video today - FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn - A Tour of Eorzea, Part 2(US/EU).

Optimization of the PlayStation 3 version is coming along nicely, and you'll be able to see we're really pushing it to the limit. Those planning to play on the PlayStation 3 will want to check it out!

There's a lot to be excited about, but there's still a mountain of work to do before release. As always, in order to bring you all the best game possible, I'm prepared for more sleepless nights in the office.

Well, I better get back to preparing for beta 3, but I'll see you all soon in my seventh LIVE letter. Until next time!

EDIT: A few things;

- New LL music is made of win

- OMG THAT KITTY BUTT ~ . ~
        Last edited by Malacite; 05-23-2013, 08:21 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Release date is first week of Fall classes.

Dammit, SE.

- - - Updated - - -

Double post.

I pre-ordered just for that damn Cait Sith, but I wanted it for PS3, anyways. That way I can be lazy and play in bed if I don't feel like sitting upright at my PC.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
            I wish they would stop posting videos of people running around and post some actual interface and gameplay. I know SE can make beautiful characters and environments. That's not what they need to prove to me to sell their product.

On the prettiness factor though, it disappoints me a bit that some of the monsters are direct copy-paste from FFXI, like the adamantoise and uragnites. I hope that's just placeholder art. I dig the new treants, crabs, and malboros.
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

to hell with the mobs, kitty swimsuits!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Let me see if I understand the gist of the Collector's Edition issue for 1.0 players...

If you were a CE 1.0 player, you'll be able to download the game for free and get an in-game bonus item.

However, I didn't understand the bit about upgrading to the digital CE. Is this being applied to CE 1.0 players? And I'm going to assume that there's no voucher to opt for a physical copy instead? So, I'd have to purchase a physical copy, if I wanted one, despite the fact that I'm a CE 1.0 player.

Well, I don't mind it, personally, as I see both 1.0 and ARR as distinct and different from each other. However, the official forums are going to be awash with tears and that river will be raging hard, I warrant.

- - - Updated - - -

To update J9's original post to that same website:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/05/23/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-ps3-box-art-and-collectors-edition-and-ps3-details-leaked/

This has the update article which breaks it down for you. So all of my questions were answered here. The PC CE is only going to be available through SE's own online store, an important note to point out.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                  - OMG THAT KITTY BUTT ~ . ~
                  I want this as your epitaph. Please make this happen.
                  75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                  RANK 10 Bastok
                  CoP: Done
                  ZM: Done
                  ToA: Done
                  Assault rank: Captain
                  Campaign Medal: Medals
                  Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                  This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

I like catgirls - sue me.
                    sigpic

Comment

All you.

Name:	catgrl.jpg
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	1476720
                      RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

I tried to find an image of a catgirl lawyer to take this case, but nothing. I did find a catgirl in a plug suit, though, so here's
                        that
                        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

For a second I thought the topic was "XIV ARR Collector's Edition topic. mews, info, content, rumors, official"

I need more sleep.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                            For a second I thought the topic was "XIV ARR Collector's Edition topic. mews, info, content, rumors, official"
                            You've been infected...
                            RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                              All you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25299[/ATTACH]

I was thinking more like....

Name:	cat-girl-demon-charm-mysterious-lazy-game.jpg
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1476721

:3

Or how about:

Probably NSFW