FFXIV Servers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXIV Servers.

So, since the game is coming out earlier for the CE edition, how are we supposed to select a server unless they release the server names before the actual game? Did they release the names for FFXI?
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Re: FFXIV Servers.

I hope they keep the names.

I think they're baiting the CE people with the 8 days head start to populate servers before standard people get in. (conspiracy, I know...) which leads me to believe that server selection will be random.

If the servers are random my plan is:
    Have my friend who'll have CE on release day run the game and once he lands in a server (assuming they have a worldpass like system) get me and the rest of the gang into his server and with a chain reaction hopefully I'll have most of my buddies on 1 server.

Or it won't be random and just an email with the server's name to my friend list will solve everything...

Comment

_IF_ the servers are still random in this day and age, I WILL RAGE

Comment

honestly, I rage over the fact that there are still multiple servers for anything but regions where things have to be changed and removed (such as a separate server for Chinese censorship).

Also, with the way SE's been lately, maybe you'll have to buy the right to select which server you go to.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
          Also, with the way SE's been lately, maybe you'll have to buy the right to select which server you go to.
          always the bad omen harbinger.

i fear you may be right too.

Comment

I'm 99.99% sure they'll have either a world pass system or you'll be able to pick servers (Hopefully for free). I doubt they'll screw people who intend to play with friends and family over.

Though SE pulled a good number of dick moves lately... this is just stressing me out!

Comment

This is actually a very good question, and I wish interviewers would've asked this instead of asking questions we've heard 50 times already.

But if SE keeps their streak as of late going, they'll let you choose what server you want to be on; for a price.
              Joined FFXI September 15th, 2009 | PlayStation 2/3
              Retired July 8th, 2010.
              Current Server: Unicorn
              Current Home Nation: San d'Oria (Rank 10)
              Race/Sex: Hume/(Fe)male
              Current Jobs: 80BRD, 75NIN, 59DNC, 51WHM, 43WAR, 38BLM, 38DRK

Comment

I do hope we do get to pick out servers. An LS that my friends in FFXI are in planned on moving in FFXIV in the same server and make the same LS/guild again.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                  I do hope we do get to pick out servers. An LS that my friends in FFXI are in planned on moving in FFXIV in the same server and make the same LS/guild again.
                  I'd bet my trigger finger that you're not the only one in this category, and SE knows it. Players in LS's in FFXI aren't the only ones making the move either. Guilds in WoW, Warhammer, AoC, Vanguard, and a slew of other games are all planning the same thing.

The question should be, "can we pick our server for free?"

If answer to that question is "No", there will still be far less of an uproar then if the answer is "No" to the question, "can we pick our server?"
                  Joined FFXI September 15th, 2009 | PlayStation 2/3
                  Retired July 8th, 2010.
                  Current Server: Unicorn
                  Current Home Nation: San d'Oria (Rank 10)
                  Race/Sex: Hume/(Fe)male
                  Current Jobs: 80BRD, 75NIN, 59DNC, 51WHM, 43WAR, 38BLM, 38DRK

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                    Imo, I think they will let you get on the same server as your friends some how. They know that a lot of people that were friends in FFXI or in LS's together are going to want to be together. I highly doubt they would shoot themselves in the foot.

Maybe.....I hope...../sigh....
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

If you can choose your server, what ways could they use to avoid over filling? This is the major flaw with the option to choose.
                      "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Solymir View Post
                        If you can choose your server, what ways could they use to avoid over filling? This is the major flaw with the option to choose.
                        Once there are X amount of people in Y server, it will be down until the other servers are up to Z amount of people to prevent over filling.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                        Imo, I think they will let you get on the same server as your friends some how. They know that a lot of people that were friends in FFXI or in LS's together are going to want to be together. I highly doubt they would shoot themselves in the foot.
                        I do hope so too. If not then...

/wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post

Maybe.....I hope...../sigh....
                          This IS Square-Enix we're talking about though. Historically, they haven't exactly been the poster children for common sense.

Personally I think the World Pass system was a crock from day 1, and really didn't do much to alleviate server crowding. What they "should" do is offer you the server which has the least registrations first, then give you a menu option somewhere to override that choice and select a server.

Icemage

Comment

How about only 1 server for all characters so anyone can play together.

Instance zones when there too many people in one but allow people to move between them if they wish.

Okay, not likely to be the case, but its an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Kafeen View Post
                              How about only 1 server for all characters so anyone can play together.

Instance zones when there too many people in one but allow people to move between them if they wish.

Okay, not likely to be the case, but its an idea.
                              So.... Kinda like how Guild Wars did their town "servers"?

Comment

Working...
                              X