FFXIV Add-on Windower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXIV Add-on Windower

So... I got tired of not being able to alt tab out of FFXIV with out crashing (why does it even do that when not in windowed mode?). So, I went searching for a windower.

I would like to know if its legit or not. I will pm the link to you so if you want to know it, ask for please. I want to play the game full screen, it not crash when I alt tab. Thanks in advance!

Re: FFXIV Add-on Windower

There's no need for a windower, just go into the config screen and run it in windwoed mode. You'll have to change the graphics resolution, but you can run it in windowed mode, i do. The you can minimize and maximize when needed. The only problem i have sometimes is when i minimize it, the music continues to play, and i dont see the FFXIV down on the task bar. When this happens i normally go do whatever i was going to do on the web, then click the FFXIV shortcut on my desktop. It tries to run it, says it can, and then the FFXIV is down on the task abr, click it to maximize. One thing, you cant start task manager or it automatically crashes.
    75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
    RANK 10 Bastok
    CoP: Done
    ZM: Done
    ToA: Done
    Assault rank: Captain
    Campaign Medal: Medals
    Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
    This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

I don't like seeing the bars on the side, or the task bar... Its a tad annoying.... It takes me out of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
        I don't like seeing the bars on the side, or the task bar... Its a tad annoying.... It takes me out of the game.
        It's an MMO, not a holodeck.

Icemage

Comment

That's not what I meant. I like to get imersed in the game when I am playing it. But, with having the bars there... Its a bit hard.

Comment

Option 2: Buy a second monitor and dual-screen.

Icemage

Comment

Eh, I'll just have my laptop next to me when I gotta search something then lol.

Comment

Or use steam.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Etra View Post
                  Or use steam.
                  How do I add it to steam? And, I did not know that I could alt tab out with steam.

Comment

How do I add it to steam? And, I did not know that I could alt tab out with steam.
                    You can't alt+tab with Steam exactly. But you can use their overlay as a means for browsing the web and looking up information.

But to add a game to Steam, load it up and go to the "Library," then in the bottom left corner go to "Add A Game..." Can just run FFXIV from Steam and use their shift+alt interface in-game. (It's shift+alt, right? I forget. lol)
                    sigpic

Comment

If you're using Windows 7 as an OS, just enable the "Snap to Fit" function for windows. This way, if you run the game in windowed mode, you can pull the window to the top of the screen and release. This will "snap" it to fit the entire screen save for the task bar at the bottom and a small line at the top.

If you want to get rid of the task bar too, right click it and go to properties. In there, you'll find an option to auto-hide the task bar. This makes it drop out of view any time your mouse is not scrolled over it. Considering you shouldn't be using a mouse for this game in the first place... I see no problem.

A: Don't like being surrounded by borders: Solved
                      B: Can't Alt-Tab without being in Windowed mode: Solved
                      C: Don't like the task bar there: Solved

Anything else?

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

I have the original Windower that SE "ceased and desisted" the developer over it. What I find funny is that they went after that poor SOB who only used a hook.dll which didn't allow for any other function (at the time) and yet this known bot/hack program which is blantantly being sold over Facebook, Twitter and blogs for $50 is still up and running ... based straight out of Japan. I've reported that bot/hack program numerous times over the past 10 months to their "special investigations" and they haven't done anything about it.

But anyway, the Windower I've used is still running fine, obviously not an issue to SE who could've hot patched it a long, long time ago.

(All it does is take your windowed mode and align it so that you don't see a bar, it doesn't do anything else and is unlike Steam, which would arguably be considered a "3rd party program" under the same argument that SE made with others, like the original FFXI Windower)

Comment

I fully intend to play FFXIV in vanilla mode. Windower did a lot to make FFXI a lot easier to play... but I still slightly feel like it ruined a lot for me. Don't get me wrong... I used it and wouldn't go back for anything... but I kinda want to remain purist in 14. Let's see how long that lasts when the first omgwtf windower comes out.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                          99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                          99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                            I fully intend to play FFXIV in vanilla mode. Windower did a lot to make FFXI a lot easier to play... but I still slightly feel like it ruined a lot for me. Don't get me wrong... I used it and wouldn't go back for anything... but I kinda want to remain purist in 14. Let's see how long that lasts when the first omgwtf windower comes out.
                            I don;t care for all the whistles and bells that windower adds. I played XI in vanilla mode. I only wanted it so I can alt tab lol. I like being able to look up info while I play.

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                              Like Takelli, I only use it to Alt-Tab, especially for Vent and running WoW/SC2 alongside. I have many friends which I like to keep in touch no matter what games I play.

Comment

Working...
                              X