No announcement yet.

7/24/06 Update - What's in it for WHM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/24/06 Update - What's in it for WHM?

OK so now that SE has announced new merit abilities and spells, what's the good and the bad of what WHM is getting? I'd love to see WHM get some more magic damage potential - say Holy II or the long-rumored Dia III. A pair of Bar- spells for Darkness and Light magic would be real nice too..
    Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
    Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
    Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Re: 7/24/06 Update - What's in it for WHM?

Bardarkra and Barlightra would be nice. They are certainly at the top of my list of things I would like to see! I don't think we will see another tier of offensive magic, though if we do, Banishga III might be nice.

SE mentioned at one point an "MP Gift" sort of ability (Like what Goofy had in Kingdom Hearts). We might see that as a new JA, which would be very nice. Being able to give PLD MP instead of backup curing them would be worthwhile at least. Can't say it would be useful in many other situations, really, unless you could do it with HP too (which I think they had mentioned as an idea for MNK).

While we're at it how about Reflect/Reflectra... I can dream, right? Though perhaps it wouldn't be too overpowering if it was one-shot only. Though I doubt it would be seen that way by SE it wouldn't be worth much except for long spells like Ancient Magic (though it certainly opens a whole new world of soloing posibilities for WHM...).

Really I guess it comes down to whether they decide to "improve" what we already have, or give us new toys.

Comment

Now that i think of it... If whm could give his MP to the PLD instead of curing him, PLD would be able to get a bit more hate casting his spells, which makes alot of sense and would benefit both the whm and the tank.
      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

It just not worth it when anyone else tanking ;_;

Double Post Edited:
        Except maybe now BLU becomes a more viable tank as well?
        Last edited by sevenpointflaw; 07-24-2006, 03:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thats reason enough for me to say yay to that addition though, seven~ i'm not a whm and i dont enjoy the job that much, but that seems like something that could save many lives, and that would also make PLD more appealing in parties, aslong as they have a WHM.

It can be usefull in quite a number of situations, it all depends on how much MP you can give, im thinking about situations where healing isnt the main issue, for example if a mob is taking ages to kill, you might give your BLM a bit of a boost to help that, and your hypothetically remaining 500 MP will probably be more than enough, since the mob is probably done for anyway. It also depends on how much hate it draws. And if HP is also transferable, thats a major cure right there if you have like 800 hp and use it.. depending on the hate factor you can probably save many lives.
          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I can't wait to see what they give us, something that sets us apart from rdm as healers and makes us more attractive to high level parties would be cool.
            A JA that increases the effects of buffs already on such as protect / shell etc. for a short time might be neat. especially in special battles.

Comment

I would also like to be able to cast Reflect, though I do think it could really get too powerful. Take Jailor of Faith(?) that casts Breakga (AoE petrify) and Stonega IV. A WHM reflecting that could be almost overpowering.

. . .

Can we have Reflect please? :D

Curaga V would be very nice, if it has the same hate factor as Cure V.
              The last remaining evil white mage on Ramuh.
              Killing tanks since 2004

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey
              "I can picture in my mind a world without war,
              a world without hate.
              And I can picture us attacking that world,
              because they'd never expect it."

Comment

Originally posted by Herrisa
                Curaga V would be very nice, if it has the same hate factor as Cure V.
                i dont think whm need more heal spells, they need more diversity in spells. a one time use reflect would b nice, n i always wondered why whms didnt get bardarkra or barlightra

maybe something cool like a spell/JA that increases MP recovery while resting for party members within a certain range?

maybe a chakra move like Armarant had in FF9, cept not as powerful, a JA that gives a little bit of mp and hp. it would prolly have to b a JA tho, as if it was a spell, the mp cost prolly wouldnt b worth the use of it
                www.sockbaby.com

Gaze upon its glory.

Comment

Corsair's already have the ability to increase MP recovery while resting though. As much as we would all love it, SE probably won't have us infringing on the COR territory. On the other hand, SE did previously mention something about making it possible for whm to give their hp and/or mp to another party member. Which is interesting and frightening at the same time.
                  Killing tanks since 2004

a world without hate.

Comment

I really dont see SE giving Whm anything. Or if they do, It wont be that useful.
                    Kuura
                    Windurst Rank 5
                    <[75 White Mage retired]> ((May she rest in piece))
                    Originally posted by Dictionary.com
                    spoon·y also spoon·ey ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spn)
                    adj. spoon·i·er, spoon·i·est
                    1. Enamored in a silly or sentimental way.
                    2. Feebly sentimental; gushy.

Comment

Originally posted by Palin2222
                      I really dont see SE giving Whm anything. Or if they do, It wont be that useful.
                      Probably not, but whether we like it or not, we're on the top of SE's "concern" list as some of the feedback they got was that WHM was a boring job to play. Now we just have to sit and wonder about what they're going to do to fix that.
                      Killing tanks since 2004

a world without hate.

Comment

So Protectra V, Shellra V fairly self-explanatory. I'm guessing Martyr is the gifting of self hp / mp anyone any ideas what devotion will be?

Comment

Could it be Martyr is for giving HP while Devotion is giving MP?
                          Killing tanks since 2004

a world without hate.

Comment

That would be disappointing but certainly seems possible.

Comment

If thats all, that kinda stinks =/

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X