Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• divine / holy breastplate

last night i felt like spending some gil

i was doing some window shopping and my little eye spied me the divine breastplate, there was none in stock and it was around 1mil gil ... a little rich for my pockets o.O

... then i saw the holybreastplate for 120k ... that was a bit more affordable

after deliberating for a couple of hours ... i bid on it and got it !

... ran outside to rolanberry and put it on ... ~wow ... i LIKE it!

as a galkan whm, i never feel 'fragile' in a battle situation, but with this armor on ... i actually feel sorta 'invincible' !

any whm's reading have a breastplate of their own?

how do you like it?

^^

jingy of ifrit

Oh God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son"

Abe says, "Man, you must be puttin' me on"
    God say, "No." Abe say, "What?"
    God say, "You can do what you want Abe, but
    The next time you see me comin' you better run"
    Well Abe says, "Where do you want this killin' done?"
    God says, "Out on Highway 61."

Re: divine / holy breastplate

it's a good defensive piece... ideal for soloing I think, it doesn't offer much for PT play unless you're getting hit all the time in which case you should /slap your tank really hard on his head.

It has an even better defense than ALL PLD armors around that level...
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

The Defense is good, but it doesn't help you at all as a WHM in a party. Theoretically you shouldn't be getting hit in the first place (and you really ought not to be, since Crow/Raven gear is available at around the same level).

Icemage

Comment

My Hume F NPC is wearing one

The rest of her eq is a bit random though... trying to find something that goes well with the breastplate

Comment

Good for BCNM and other capped missions where hate is an issue sometimes. I had one for the longest time, and will probably eventually get one again for capped stuff. Some day. After I spend the ungodly millions on my endgame gear.

Comment

Actually, Divine/Holy is 40, while Raven/Crow is 50. During those ten levels, if I was just sedately curing and with occasional enfeebles, then yeah, didn't use it. But I kept a macro that put it in along with the Solid Wand - if I knew I was going to piss the mob off, I wanted Stoneskin to last as long as possible.

Besides, there's something enjoyable about taunting a NIN tank about his low Def...
            WHM75-SCH75-DNC75-THF75
            To do: Sandy 7-1, ToAU 42, WoG15

Comment

I my Holy Breastplate! Although I haven't used it since I got my AF armour. My top priorities are as follows. 1. MP 2. DEFENSE! I'm a big defense freak. X_x Thus I also my Mana Earrings +1.

I've experienced in my parties, sometimes the tank isn't doing a very good job at keeping hate, and thus I get hit every now and then. X_x

The Re-birth of Alexiel of Cerberus: A FFXI Journal

Comment

I have one still, at level capped missions and for soloing/farming at that level that thing was immensly useful.
                MP at the time wasn't a big issue either.

I kept using it everywhere until I could equip my AF Briault.
                (At that time there was now crow/raven gear yet)
                The defence was great for when I accidently got hate.
                Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

I bought it aaaages ago when I was a Lv40 WHM, held onto it and used it for Lv40 cap missions etc, but I ended up selling it and started using Seers equipment instead. For WHM, DEF just isn't a priority unless your tank really sucks.

Comment

I use mine for 40 capped ballista, with all the whm buffs it is extremely difficult to damage us.
                    Character: Jememy 75WHM/75BLM/37SMN/37DRK/37RDM/37NIN
                    Rank 10 Bastok
                    ZM: Complete
                    COP: Complete Tamas Ring
                    Sever: Gilgamesh
                    Linkshell: IZergGenbu
                    Aristocrat's Coat: O
                    Cleric's Briault: O

Comment

I used to have one, back before the original Selyana got deleted (due to me being out of the game for two years--haven't updated my sig for the new Selyana yet, having just started playing again this weekend). It was fun for making my melee friends jealous, at least, and back then there were fewer gear options (this was before CoP). It was useful for helping lower-level in my linkshell with missions and such, at the very least. Kinda fun tanking low-level missions as a 40 WHM.

Dunno if I'll bother with it this time. There are probably better gear options now. We'll see, though.
                      Stormwalker
                      -----------------
                      FFXIV - Lyri Saranna - Rabanastre
                      Gladiator 6/Pugilist 8/Physical 10

"Fanatics find their heaven in never-ending storming winds..."
                      --"Key of the Twilight", .hack//SIGN

Comment

Holy Breastplate is good for soloing, doesnt provide much in parties (Ryl Knights robeI believe it is at 40 at least gives 10MP).

I've always used the Robe from 40 to 50, and Crow from 50-AF. AF body has the same Def as the Holy breastplate (close enough so it wont matter much). Crow is a godsend with the eva and the -enm it has.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirai
                          I have one still, at level capped missions and for soloing/farming at that level that thing was immensly useful.
                          MP at the time wasn't a big issue either.

I kept using it everywhere until I could equip my AF Briault.
                          (At that time there was now crow/raven gear yet)
                          The defence was great for when I accidently got hate.
                          This is pretty much exactly how my breastplate went.

I still have it for soloing/farming/doing risky and or stupid things in. It rarely gets seen in exp though.

I do remember, the levels from 40 to 58 I wore it in EXP, at level 51 I made my first set of resting/standing macro sets to accomodate my new palette of staffs. At the time I was only swapping body and main weapon. now my /stand up macro equips my briault to body, but I still have and carry my battered old breastplate, and it now resides in a special macro of honor containing most of my melee equips.

I have the crow jupon, I tried it out for a level or two, but in the end I only wear the jupon because it looks good on me.

Not that Hyrist ever notices.

Yes, it was inspired by the Simpsons
                          If you know how to download and use VRS, I am interested in being tutored.
                          *There is a high likelihood anyone who tutors me will recieve mucho artses*

Comment

I had one for a while. I wore it from 40ish to 58. Back then there wasn't even seer's, let alone crow. I sold it long before either came out and just used mithra RSE body for level 40 capped things.

Now I wear seers body for anything below 60 cap.
                            Generic Info!

Comment

Galka WHM to Galka WHM you are better off putting it back on the Auction House, or keeping it in your Mog until you feel that you need it for soloing or farming. At this level, for exp situations, your RSE is the way to go.

It's MP bouns will do more than 45 DEF or -8 Enmity will, because in the scenario that you manage to pull hate, you'll have the HP to take a couple of stray hits. Just keep your faith in your race specific gear, you'll wear it practically forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X