X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a tiny little question

what does paralize do everytime i cast it it does nothing

Re: just a tiny little question

paralyze stops the enemy from doing anything at all occasionally.
    when you see the monster not attacking and got the messege "XXX is paralyzed" that's it in action.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by xigbal
      what does paralize do everytime i cast it it does nothing
      uve got real jokes

Double Post Edited:
      are you a joker then
      Last edited by psycho mental; 03-26-2006, 02:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

joker? :S.
        Depending on what level your White Mage is, and how high your skill is, it might fail sometimes, or be not strong enough on tough mobs. Try it out on some level 1 mobs. ^^
        http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

I know what the OP mean by it did nothing, even when my paralyze stick on a mob, the mob rarely get paralyze. Thats because the mob is resisting to paralyze, or your enfeeble skill is low.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Garuda Server

WAR 37 ---- PLD 58 ----- SAM 10 ----=========
            MNK 37 ---- DRK 25 ----- BRD 33 ---= Cooking 89
            THF 66 ----- RNG 42 ----- NIN 50 ---= Woodworking 60
            RDM 48 ---- BST 25 ----- COR 1 ----= Alchemy 60
            BLM 57 ----- DRG 58 ---- PUP 7 ------=========
            WHM 75 ---- SMN 37 ---- BLU 1

Comment

This brings about another question:

What is the difference between paralyze and stun? Could never figure it out lol.
              ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Stun is a much shorter duration, and is guaranteed to stop all actions while it's in effect. Paralyze is a longer duration, and has a chance to stop any given action while it's in effect.
                Ellipses on Fenrir
                There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                . . .

Comment

Originally posted by arcadia9
                  This brings about another question:

What is the difference between paralyze and stun? Could never figure it out lol.
                  Paralyze is a long-lasting but random status effect. It can trigger at any time and negate monster spellcasting and attack attempts. It cannot stop special weaponskills/special attacks, nor any 2 hour abilities that enemies may have.

Stun is a very short-lived effect that cancels almost any current action the enemy is taking, assuming it works at all, and resets their action timer. This includes spells, attacks, weaponskills, but not 2 hour abilities (except for the 2 hour ability of Fenrir - Howling Moon, which makes Stun an excellent way to get through that fight).

Icemage

Comment

PS, xigbal your sig breaks the forums really badly with images turned off. There's no reason to bold and increase the font size of images, what with them not being fonts and all.

EDIT: Removed the signature in question and PM'd xigbal. - Icemage
                    Ellipses on Fenrir
                    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                    . . .

Comment

Stun is a very short-lived effect that cancels almost any current action the enemy is taking, assuming it works at all, and resets their action timer. This includes spells, attacks, weaponskills, but not 2 hour abilities (except for the 2 hour ability of Fenrir - Howling Moon, which makes Stun an excellent way to get through that fight).
                      Does Stun also work on Leviathan Prime (being that he's weak to lightning and all)? I might go as RDM/DRK for fighting him if I do, because he was the first avatar to take me down with a full unresist on his Tidal Wave (naturally, I'm still bitter) and it would be neato if I could Stun it. >_>

Comment

Originally posted by Fynlar
                        Does Stun also work on Leviathan Prime (being that he's weak to lightning and all)? I might go as RDM/DRK for fighting him if I do, because he was the first avatar to take me down with a full unresist on his Tidal Wave (naturally, I'm still bitter) and it would be neato if I could Stun it. >_>
                        It has been a while since a went through a Prime Avatar fight, but I don't recall them having any setup time for their 2 hour abilities. I doubt Stun will work against them (but to be honest I've never tried).

Then again, I never really bothered since their 2 hour abilities on the Prime Avatar fights other than Fenrir are quite easy to Stoneskin and Barspell away. I can't remember the last time I took any damage from any of the Prime 2h abilities through Stoneskin.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
                        X