This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banish use vs Undead?

Like how often should i cast this? What version of the spell? I heard it lowers the defense among other things on undead..i dont know how powerful this is or how often i should cast this spell while fighting undead however. Any tips?

Re: Banish use vs Undead?

As I know, it lower defense on ghost type mobs. Monk party in KRT especially will like Whm to cast banish on ghost as soon as battle starts. On other things like skeletons and dogs I don't think it lowers anything. I'm not sure.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

On bones and ghost it helps a lot for sure. On bones it allows weapons such as piercing to do more damage than they normally would otherwise. And for ghosts I'm not sure how it effects defense exactly but it does lower it. Try to stick that before your melee do WS for the most benefit.

Comment

Really? Thats wierd i thought for every undead it did that...*confused* ><

Do i cast it at the beginning of each fight and if i do..how often do i do it? I mean i think i read so far that the weakness doesnt last very long..so how often should i do this? What tier Banish should i use? Is BanishIII have some benefit over Banish II and I besides damage? Because otherwise i might use the lower tier ones outside of MB(if we doing Light or Fusion) to conserve some MP.

Its just a reletively new thing for me, i never noticed this before, and i wonder if its worth pursuing.

EDIT: Ok Nodachi i might just do that...it seems quite logical to do so before a huge SC i would think, guess i better start paying more attention to TP. But does the Tier matter in terms of weakness..? I am curious.

Comment

Dosen't Dia lower defense as well? Do the DEF lowering capabilities of the two stack?

Comment

Originally posted by lionx
            Do i cast it at the beginning of each fight and if i do..how often do i do it? I mean i think i read so far that the weakness doesnt last very long..so how often should i do this?
            If this is a MNK party then you cast it once right at the beginning, cause after that its usually dead...

Originally posted by lionx
            What tier Banish should i use? Is BanishIII have some benefit over Banish II and I besides damage? Because otherwise i might use the lower tier ones outside of MB(if we doing Light or Fusion) to conserve some MP.
            Use Banish III. (The higher the tier the more capable damage you are going to unlock.)

NOTE: Only thing this has been proven on is Ghost mobs. (as far as I know)

"ave Promathia morituri te salutant"
            - Krynn (2/26/996)

Comment

Banish lowers the defense of any mob that is considered undead (I've seen damage numbers go up on Fomor mobs). Cast whatever the highest you've got on the enemy. If it's a long fight, recast about every 30 seconds. Otherwise, just one cast at start should be enough
              All spells obtained!
              Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

Banish will kill the mobs resistance to piercing for like 2-3 seconds, so if you want to use it when the DRG is about to WS, it's really important to get the timing right.

Also I've never heard of it lowering defence. Are you sure you're not getting it mixed up with Dia?

Comment

Better to just save it and mb off a light chain than try to time a slow casting spell like banish 3 right before the sc. Cast B3 whenever you have the mp to spare and when it won't cause downtime. I was getting a better dmg per mp ratio with my b3's than a blm friend the last time I exped on bones. However, your first duty is still to keep everyone healed without downtime. Any extra mp though feel free to throw at the undead as long as you won't cause downtime. The def down effect works on any undead.

Your lower tier nukes will likely have a better dmg per mp ratio, but you must take into consideration time spent casting because that is less time spent resting. It is sometimes better to cast the higher less efficient nuke and resume resting than try to get the same damage with the lower tier nukes. B3 is likely be your main spell. You will be hard pressed to get more than one cast of that per fight without causing downtime.
                  Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

Oh no i dont mean damage for lower tier Banish, i meant that if lower tier Banish have similar lowering DEF power as BanishIII, then i would rather use BanishI for the lower defense for melee more often as that is WAY more better than spending 90some MP for Banish3

Comment

This is the situation as far as I have known it:

Undead have a natural higher defense to pierced weapons, why is why monks are so good against undead. Banish negates this effect, allowing pierced weapons to do their normal damage. But, I haven't experimented much with this. I would assume that a monk would actually do the same damage regardless of banish, if this were true.

Dia is a damage-over-time spell which also lowers the defense of any mob. Think of it like the opposite of Bio, which also is a damage-over-time spell that lowers attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Reave
                        This is the situation as far as I have known it:

Undead have a natural higher defense to pierced weapons, why is why monks are so good against undead.
                        This is only completely true for skeletons. Ghosts and hounds don't have any particular resistance to piercing or slashing weapons.

Banish negates this effect, allowing pierced weapons to do their normal damage. But, I haven't experimented much with this. I would assume that a monk would actually do the same damage regardless of banish, if this were true.
                        Against skeletons, yes. Against ghosts, I "believe" that Banish temporarily removes their normally high all around damage resistance for a few moments.

Generally speaking, if you're good with timing, Banish I should be fine if you toss it in right before the WS that closes a skillchain (hard to do though... but still easier than trying the same with Banish III).

Icemage

Comment

Lowers defense 50% Banish 1 on skeltons and ghost type monsters. 75% Banish 2. Duration ?
                          http://kofman2155.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kman
                            Lowers defense 50% Banish 1 on skeltons and ghost type monsters. 75% Banish 2. Duration ?
                            Not to be rude in any way at all, but could i have your source and stuff for this? Where did you get this from? I never heard about this stuff ever so i like to know how you got it.

Comment

It is no where near that much reduction in def.
                              Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

Working...
                              X