This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food

Lately I've given up using pies durig exp pts. Only time I do use pies is when I don't use alot of mp and theres a really good RDM in pt . Alot of ppl think I'm weird for that >.< is it really so weird? Sure pies give you mp boost and +a few on stats but I figure I'm better off using ginger cookies, I figure the faster I can get mp up the better. Only time I get to use that extra mp is when we first get to camp and If someone goes afk long enough for me to get full mp (JP PT's don't seem to know the word afk >.<). Other then that I don't get to use the extra mp (pt usually pulls with about 100-200mp and I'm @ lvl 75). Need some opinions on useing food ^^
    → ☆白75☆黒37☆ ←
    ∧____∧
    (≡´。`≡) ニャンニャン♪

♂ ラブストーリー♀

Re: Food

I thought pies would be more suitable for BLM for the INT boost. I think sweet rice cake is pretty good for Whm, it gives +healing MP and MND. I eat it as RDM too.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Max MP isn't that usefu for WHMl. Ginger Cookie, Chocomilk, Sweet Rice Cake, Roast Mushroom, Witch Kabob, and other +hMP foods are all better choices than NQ pies.

Icemage

Comment

I personally use Roast Mushrooms for the MND boost and +hMP. Mushroom Soup is great too.

Comment

I carry a few different foods and gauge what would be best for that party. But the standard fare, Sweet Rice Cakes, some type of cookie, Witch Kabob, Marron Glace, etc.
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

sweet rice cakes are always sold out
            so it's usually roast mushrooms or cookies for me.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I usually use

Mushroom Stew http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/3921
              for HNM's and long long fights

for shorter, more intense fights I use:
              Wizard Cookies http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/3980

I haven't found much use for MND food at the end game levels but in earlier levels it's pretty decent as RDM, WHM, BLM all pretty much have the same skill levels. Witch kabob's are pretty good for that stuff.
              Namfoodle - Bismarck
              WHM - 75
              SMN - 73
              IRON www.ironmog.com

Comment

I stick to roasted mushrooms since they are easy to pick up from the npc in kazham for ~300 a piece. Always in stock, deal gets better as inflation worsens, and it even helps lower inflation (ever so slightly) by destroying gil.
                Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

Yeah i have to agree, the most affordable food for your gil is Roasted Mushrooms and i use that as well for the +hmp. MND isnt that important after 35ish i feel and at 75 you should have alot of MP to burn without running out, so +hmp is better.

Comment

Originally posted by namfoodle
                    I usually use

Mushroom Stew http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/3921
                    for HNM's and long long fights

for shorter, more intense fights I use:
                    Wizard Cookies http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/3980

I haven't found much use for MND food at the end game levels but in earlier levels it's pretty decent as RDM, WHM, BLM all pretty much have the same skill levels. Witch kabob's are pretty good for that stuff.
                    sounds good ty ^^ just wish i wasn't so broke guess that's what i get for trying to lvl 5 jobs at once. (WHM,WAR,NIN,RNG,THF)
                    → ☆白75☆黒37☆ ←
                    ∧____∧
                    (≡´。`≡) ニャンニャン♪

♂ ラブストーリー♀

Comment

just wish i wasn't so broke
                      ~_~ same here ._. I'm only lvling whm even lol

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

Have some fun synthing your own mushroom meals. It is relatively low level cooking and the ingredients are rather easy to acquire. It didn't take me a couple of weeks before I was synthing Witch Kabobs. Just hunt mushrooms from funguar in La Theine and salt from crabs in the Dunes, or Wadi. The only expensive/difficult part are the fire crystals. Either way, I enjoyed success with kabobs and cookies for hmp boost all the way to crawlers nest and even quicksand caves without feeling the need for anything better.
                        Offline due to lack of funds...

Comment

mushrooms also give -enmity. Well roasted mushrooms and mushroom stew anyway

Though if you're pulling hate with whm AF...there's going to be trouble no matter what food you get.

Comment

What I use is Marron Glace. Takes about 1.5k to make one for myself, so very affordable 3h food (500g/hour, not bad).

http://katsuoy.livejournal.com

Current Mission Status -- Bastok 10 <cleared> -=- CoP <cleared> -=- Zilart 15

Comment

I personally use ginger cookies. I find the extra mana refresh very useful to keep those chains rollin'

Comment

Working...
                              X