What Is With Warriors Nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Is With Warriors Nowadays?

You also said that anyone can tank VT at that level, so I thought one of those "melee" you mentioned would be tanking. Without Curaga I don't think letting hate bounce is a good idea.

Comment

-pulls out hair- GAWD i just want to freaking punch a hole in the wall.

Here was the situation, i finally got a party invite after 4 hours seeking, party setup so far is THF,BLM,WHM,SAM, there was a DNC otw, the party leader after 10 minutes ask if the party wants to disband, since we cant find a tank, when there CLEARLY is a lvl 45 Warrior in our level range. I mention the job and name to the party leader, and the party leader responds quickly like she knew wtf she was talking about "Warrior No Tank!"
      I just stopped talking...

I wanted to freakin punch a whole in the wall...i just wish these kind of people would quit the game now.

62Dancer | 75Corsair | 75Beastmaster | 75Paladin | 75Bard

Your resource for FFXI Farming

Comment

Originally posted by Selphiie The Enchantress
        ... party setup so far is THF,BLM,WHM,SAM, there was a DNC otw, the party leader after 10 minutes ask if the party wants to disband, since we cant find a tank, when there CLEARLY is a lvl 45 Warrior in our level range. I mention the job and name to the party leader, and the party leader responds quickly like she knew wtf she was talking about "Warrior No Tank!" ...
        IMHO, that party setup is for a *skillful* NIN/WAR main tanking; relatively low risk, rewarding if things go as planned.

Insert a PLD/WAR tank there would put stress on the tank and healer: lack Refresh. It will work if the party can setup Tachi: Enpi -> SATA Viper on PLD + MB. DNC helps in this setup, but everyone in the party has to pull they weight and perform.

WAR tank in that setup would have periodical downtime: Like, hit chain #3/4/5 -> rest a little -> hit chain #3/4/5 -> rest a little -> ... rinse and repeat. Shorter battle duration, with downtime in between chains.

Once I had a pickup party at level 46 in Crawler's Nest during the CoP era: WAR/NIN, WAR/THF (me), DRK/WAR, BLM/WHM x 2, SMN/WHM. WAR/NIN was tanking, but only for a short time each battle. Every SC + MB KO the mobs:

SMN did Blood Pact MB together with 2x BLM's MB, whenever MP + timer was up, with a 3-way Skillchain --- Stumwind (WAR/NIN) -> Shadow of Death (DRK) [2x BLM's MB] -> SA + Stumwind (WAR/THF) [2x BLM's + SMN's MB]. The party dynamic was chain #4/5 -> rest -> chain #4/5 -> rest -> ...; pulling VT -> IT -> VT -> IT...

You cannot just exchange NIN/WAR or PLD/WAR in a party with a WAR and expect everything else will work the same.
        Server: Quetzalcoatl
        Race: Hume Rank 7
        75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

To be fair, there is a chance for another 10 or 15 min, another group starts to form.

If the entire party are willing to make WAR tank works, it is worthed a try.

If anyone in the party is not willing to cooperate (WAR no tank?), the party already fail to make WAR tanking at the beginning.
          Server: Quetzalcoatl
          Race: Hume Rank 7
          75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

DUAL WIELD ONRRRYYY, dats why i subz teh ninja
            I'm so quoting that into my signature...

Warrior can definitely be a tank. But gotta ask the warrior first thing before invite, you know, if he's willing to main tank or not.
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
            X