What Is With Warriors Nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is With Warriors Nowadays?

Warriors have provoke for a reason, it isn't to sit there and look pretty.

Basically this is what happened, we had a warrior invited to a level 45 party in Quicksand caves, not exping on Spiders of course, but on beetles. I pull the first mob and its just going everywhere while the warrior is just whacking away with it with his dual axes... WAR/NIN.

So after being asked and <call> by every party member to provoke, he FINALLY does after the whm dies... he tells us hes afraid to provoke because he doesn't want to die.

Partys are a team effort, if the other members do their jobs no body is going to die.

So it got to the point to where the Warrior didn't provoke and the beetle went towards the whm who was cure bombing him because he didnt have shadows as WAR/NIN, go figure. "DUAL WIELD ONRRRYYY, dats why i subz teh ninja" It linked with another beetle that was near the WHM, and the whole party was just furious with this WAR.

Why do some warriors these days think they AREN'T tanks. New Flash, WARRIORS were the original tanks they have tanking capabilitys and they have Provoke for a reason, it isnt for shits and giggles. Not provoking just because "you don't want to die" is the probably the worst thing ive EVER heard come from a Warrior.

I'm glad there are atleast some warriors who know how to play their jobs, but alot of newer post-TOAU warriors seem to think they are DD only and can't perform any other. I can't wait until this Warrior hits merit level (if he can hit merit level) and see who the mob faces the whole time, 2 bucks says he doesnt even have GA skilled.

Warriors:
    Warriors CAN tank, even at higher levels they have the capability to tank. You can say Warrior isn't a tank, but i can tell you Ninja isn't a tank. Warriors were made to tank, they have defender they have provoke, they were given retaliation (for higher lvl WARs), if anyone says Warriors can't tank (normal exp mobs) I kill jooo (yes you Sevv , well im killing you anyway)

62Dancer | 75Corsair | 75Beastmaster | 75Paladin | 75Bard

Your resource for FFXI Farming

Re: What Is With Warriors Nowadays?

Wow... what a lovely fellow.

Remidna me fo the gil buying retard who went AFK and auto followed during prommy vhaz, then zoned out of my mithran BC because we died and only cast 1 sleep, as a DRK...

People these days are just plain lazy! I blame ToAU

Comment

Its backlash of TP Burns starting to flow down the levels.

"Warz pts up big numberz dual weild yo, they dont voke at endgamez and dont voke now, wantz a tank get nin orz"

Trying to sound e-thugish >.>

Basically selphie the TP Burn style is slowly corrupting the lower levels. Everyone is afraid to get hit because they think it will slow down a party.

I was in a party the other day on my sch which was under lvl 30 at the time. Think it was about 26 as we just broke into yuthunga. It was SCH/RDM(me) 2xwar, drg, mnk, Nin. end resault 1 death for me, no deaths for other goodbye thank you.

Ninja couldnt hold hate from all the DD, wars wouldnt voke because they didnt want to take hits, drg was crying off in the corner somewhere and the MNK was doing whatever MNK's do. First off I had a bad feeling being main heal with no cure 3, or even a curaga. Then the NIN and Warriors got into it when he asked them to oke during shadow loss. They didnt help him keep hate or keep it from me with a voke. Instead while curring him and the wars and DRG's (with cure 2 spam) I died, i bitched them all out excpet for the DRG and the MNK and left. 5 melee and 1 healer does not work at those levels and hate control is needed.

On a totally unrelated note how do i SC text I just got onto PC (been using PS2/3) also how do i have time log is that an addon or an ingame option. Id like to take pictures of me meleeing to stop some peple from accusing me of talking shit. Thanks and good luck with future warriors >.> lolGaxe i guess it is ; ;.

sig courtesy tgm
      retired -08

Comment

Remember the good old days when sh*t happens in the party, the WAR was always the one who go down 1st, with *pride*

Remember the old days when the WAR community tried hard to fight off the image of sword + shield PLD-wannbe, or DRK-wannbe, or lol-war-subjob-only.

Seriously, many new WAR players nowadays missed a lot of fun aspect of WAR because to todays party's dynamic.
        Server: Quetzalcoatl
        Race: Hume Rank 7
        75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Just curious... what was Nemrac?

BTW, I don't know what you mean by "warriors these days", cause I never do that stuff.

Comment

Was he told he was tanking for that party? Looks like you had 2 WAR/NIN, which should have tanked beetles just fine. What a wuss.

Comment

Despite his look, Nemrac was a BST/NIN, had insane gear too, luisant hauberk and everything. The party was:

SCH, BLM,WHM,THF,WAR,BST

I told the war he was first provoke while i SATAd onto the BST, then would SATA back onto the WAR, i make it as point as THF to tell people whos first provoke and who im going to SATA onto, so we dont go into exping without knowing what the THF is doing.

And even if i didn't tell him, looking at the party setup, when your the only "Tank" job in the party, most smart people would know what they are doing. It's like me telling a whm each time he is going to be curing.

Its just SOME (not all Taermus ^^) warriors dont beleive they are tanks...
              62Dancer | 75Corsair | 75Beastmaster | 75Paladin | 75Bard

Your resource for FFXI Farming

Comment

I agree. TP burns are an effective tactic for meriting at high levels(Though I never really approved of them anyway, to monotone and disorganized), but the backlash from them is wreaking havoc in FFXI. I have noticed many lower level parties trying to apply TP burn tactics(to great failure), endgame events are horrible because my linkshell tries to apply coordinated party dynamics instead of zerging, but nobody knows how to Skillchain anymore, and if you are lucky enough to get into a balanced party setup, hate control is a mess. In my opinion Aht Urgan was a mess, and XXX-Burns should never exist. TP-burns, Manaburns, Arrowburns, Monkburns, they all gotta go.
                Originally posted by Ellipses
                Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                Originally posted by MCLV
                A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                More Sig:

Comment

lol. Warriors don't have no Provoke! Noobs. >_>
                  Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                  yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                  Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                  leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by Onionsoilder View Post
                    In my opinion Aht Urgan was a mess, and XXX-Burns should never exist. TP-burns, Manaburns, Arrowburns, Monkburns, they all gotta go.
                    See here's the thing, though.

You're a a career mage, right?

Well, lets say IT++ EXP style is forced back on the community. PLD, NIN, RDM, BLU, BLM, WHM, COR, BRD, DNC and SCH are now required PT members to EXP at all. And the pissing contest that already exists between melees and tanks gets bigger.

BLMs would get PTs again and SCs would totally come back (and they may yet), but if you're a melee, your invites are going to be much more fiercely competitive and people won't just take any melee, they'll only take what they think are the best melee.

So going back would actually things more elitist, not less.

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                      lol. Warriors don't have no Provoke! Noobs. >_>
                      Yeah noob's.....^^
                      Carbuncle..

Comment

At least people would know how to apply strategy and tactics to difficult HNMs, Missions and BCNMs instead of attempting to zerg everything.
                        Originally posted by Ellipses
                        Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                        Originally posted by MCLV
                        A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                        More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
                          Its backlash of TP Burns starting to flow down the levels.

"Warz pts up big numberz dual weild yo, they dont voke at endgamez and dont voke now, wantz a tank get nin orz"

Trying to sound e-thugish >.>

Basically selphie the TP Burn style is slowly corrupting the lower levels. Everyone is afraid to get hit because they think it will slow down a party.

I was in a party the other day on my sch which was under lvl 30 at the time. Think it was about 26 as we just broke into yuthunga. It was SCH/RDM(me) 2xwar, drg, mnk, Nin. end resault 1 death for me, no deaths for other goodbye thank you.

Ninja couldnt hold hate from all the DD, wars wouldnt voke because they didnt want to take hits, drg was crying off in the corner somewhere and the MNK was doing whatever MNK's do. First off I had a bad feeling being main heal with no cure 3, or even a curaga. Then the NIN and Warriors got into it when he asked them to oke during shadow loss. They didnt help him keep hate or keep it from me with a voke. Instead while curring him and the wars and DRG's (with cure 2 spam) I died, i bitched them all out excpet for the DRG and the MNK and left. 5 melee and 1 healer does not work at those levels and hate control is needed.
                          That's just a bad pt overall, with bad players. Any decent player knows that a War/Mnk tank on mandies is *sick*. But at that level almost any melee can tank. However having only one mage with no CIII meant no one could tank effectively.

Originally posted by Celeal View Post
                          Remember the good old days when sh*t happens in the party, the WAR was always the one who go down 1st, with *pride*
                          No because I have *never* seen that. There have always been those 'lolvoke' wars. I've been in this game over 4 years and that is not new. Bad players suck at every job. Just like how you'll still find cheap Rng, chain nuking Blm, Pld who don't cure and Drk who /ja+WS at the start of fights, these are bad players who just change jobs and make other jobs look bad. It's not any worse now then it was then.

I agree. TP burns are an effective tactic for meriting at high levels(Though I never really approved of them anyway, to monotone and disorganized), but the backlash from them is wreaking havoc in FFXI. I have noticed many lower level parties trying to apply TP burn tactics(to great failure), endgame events are horrible because my linkshell tries to apply coordinated party dynamics instead of zerging, but nobody knows how to Skillchain anymore, and if you are lucky enough to get into a balanced party setup, hate control is a mess. In my opinion Aht Urgan was a mess, and XXX-Burns should never exist. TP-burns, Manaburns, Arrowburns, Monkburns, they all gotta go.
                          Burn pts are some of the best EXP out there and almost, if not every, job can join *some* form of them. And they're also highly effective even in lower levels. But the thing is people must know how they work. Not voking and letting mages get hit is *not* part of TP burns. It means you're being cured for more hate then you can do dmg for, which means you're doing it wrong. TP burns is a type of strategy and when done right, even in the dunes, is freaking amazing. If your melees don't know how to work together in Endgame events, it's because they suck.

TP burns made EXP easier, but it didn't make people stupider. Because people were ALWAYS stupid.
                          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Oh, man. I always miss out on parties with BST.

I miss the days when I could tank as a war/mnk. But /sam is nice for just about everything I want to do these days.

Mandies don't need cure III. Regen and Cure II is fine unless you're stupid enough to use berserk. Sad thing is, my war/mnk mule can't find a whm or rdm that knows what regen is.

WHAT IS WITH HEALERS NOWADAYS????

Comment

Originally posted by Selphiie The Enchantress View Post
                              Despite his look, Nemrac was a BST/NIN, had insane gear too, luisant hauberk and everything. The party was:

SCH, BLM,WHM,THF,WAR,BST
                              My mistake then. I don't blame him for being nervous with that setup. Not making any attempt to tank is still wrong of him though.

At least people would know how to apply strategy and tactics to difficult HNMs, Missions and BCNMs instead of attempting to zerg everything.
                              "They" didn't know that even back when SC+MB style was the only style.

Originally posted by Ziero View Post

There have always been those 'lolvoke' wars. I've been in this game over 4 years and that is not new. Bad players suck at every job. Just like how you'll still find cheap Rng, chain nuking Blm, Pld who don't cure and Drk who /ja+WS at the start of fights, these are bad players who just change jobs and make other jobs look bad. It's not any worse now then it was then.

TP burns is a type of strategy and when done right, even in the dunes, is freaking amazing. If your melees don't know how to work together in Endgame events, it's because they suck.

TP burns made EXP easier, but it didn't make people stupider. Because people were ALWAYS stupid.
                              Quoted for truth. (Except maybe the part about Dunes TP burns being amazing.)

Comment

Working...
                              X