soloing 1-13 is COMPLETE luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: soloing 1-13 is COMPLETE luck

ok...may i ask one thing..can you please not use abbreviations, lol, as i am a newb, i dunno what those abbreviations mean, and what does getting a signet casted on you do?

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Originally posted by the_ultimate_shadow View Post
      ok...may i ask one thing..can you please not use abbreviations, lol, as i am a newb, i dunno what those abbreviations mean, and what does getting a signet casted on you do?
      Don't worry, you'll see those abbreviations as part of their name.

Comment

Having Signet cast upon you means you are participating in Conquest for your nation. You are able to get crystals so you can synthesize items (it's primary usage). Also you are able to obtain Conquest Points (CP's) in which you can spend on various things like getting your Empress band charged up (Empress band when used gives you 50% extra experience), or other useful items like warp, auto-raise, etc.

Comment

ok, so should i synthesize crystals or just sell em, and to get them, i just get a signet put on me, and kill stuff and the crystals will drop off mobs?

Comment

Originally posted by FFVIIMidgar View Post
            Oh wow I didn't know that.

Dagger Weaponskills (see Wasp Sting, Shadow Stitch)

Couldn't find any other examples, but I wouldn't be surprised if Shield Break (Great Axe 10, lowers evasion) were similar.
            Character: Bricklayer
            Server: Ramuh
            31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

ok, so should i synthesize crystals or just sell em, and to get them, i just get a signet put on me, and kill stuff and the crystals will drop off mobs?
              You don't synthesize crystals itself, you synthesize with crystals. of course you can sell crystals, either one by one, or in stacks (better to sell in stacks) but usually people do that if they are desperate for money or just want to get rid of their overabundance in crystals. Most people use crystals for synthing things. As synthing things raise your craft points (for whatever kind of item you're synthing - woodworking for example) and also to create things that you can use or to give to others or to sell at the auction houses. Some items you make are so rare that you can sell them for lots of money.

As for Signet, yes if you defeat mobs you are most likely able to get crystals. The kinds of crystals depends on the enemies. Check online to see which crystals drop from which mobs. But make good habit to have Signet cast upon you whenever you can!

Comment

Originally posted by Bricklayer View Post
                Dagger Weaponskills (see Wasp Sting, Shadow Stitch)

Couldn't find any other examples, but I wouldn't be surprised if Shield Break (Great Axe 10, lowers evasion) were similar.
                Thank you.

Comment

ok thanks, u guys are alot of help, im such a newb, lol, when im in town i look like a chicken with my head chopped off

Comment

ok thanks, u guys are alot of help, im such a newb, lol, when im in town i look like a chicken with my head chopped off
                    I still look that way from time to time. Glad we could help
                    31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

Don't worry, we were all new once. Knowing you'r in sandy helps, You want to go to Rosel's Armours in South San'doria, you can check the /map for the exact location.

Also, for food you can go to Rambroy's Grocery and buy a couple dried Marjoram, kill some rabbits and orks for Hare meat (rabbits) and Fire Crystals (orks/goblins) in your inventory select to use the crystal, and you will get the synthesys menu, it's like the trade window, only it's for crafting. You then want to put the hare meat, and dried marjoram in the window and select Ok. It's a level 6 synth, so it may fail a few times, but it's: Strength +2, Intelligence -1, Attack +30% Great stuff early on, and cheap and easy to make. Plus when you make it yourself, it tastes much better

Comment

ok, you lost me...i know about the armor spot, but i have NO idea how any of the synth works...

Comment

ok, you lost me...i know about the armor spot, but i have NO idea how any of the synth works...
                          Synthesis is when you use the power of a crystal to transform materials into items.

For example, if you go into your items menu, you should see some crystals (Fire Crystal, Earth Crystal, etc.). One of the easiest synths to make is a copper ingot (Fire Crystal + 4 Copper Ores). To do so, select a Fire Crystal, select "Use". A little window will pop up with 8 slots. Put one copper ore in each of 4 slots by selecting a slot, then selecting Copper Ore from your inventory. When you have four copper ores in four slots, select "ok", and your character will begin the synthesis. If you are successful, you will get a copper ingot. If not, you will lose the crystal, and may lose some materials. Another easy one is an Arrowhead Lumber (Wind Crystal + Arrowhead Log). You can get the log from the woodworkers' guild in N. Sandoria.

Hope this helps.
                          31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

definetly, i kind of need detailed explainations like that for most of this game, this game is...complicated, that was perfect thanks brick layer, that makes sense now, i have one question, do you have to learn a profession to do things of that trait, like in WoW you need to go and learn tailoring before you could make any tailoring items.

Comment

definetly, i kind of need detailed explainations like that for most of this game, this game is...complicated, that was perfect thanks brick layer, that makes sense now, i have one question, do you have to learn a profession to do things of that trait, like in WoW you need to go and learn tailoring before you could make any tailoring items.
                              Honestly, I like crafting in FFXI way more than in WoW, for a few reasons:

1) You can level ANY craft at any time.
                              2) You don't have to buy recipes, just crystals and mats.
                              3) Crafting takes more patience in FFXI, but that means you rarely see people who have really leveled their crafts.

Compared to WoW, I would say this game is like Bach to John Williams, or Starbucks to Folgers. Things take longer, but they are also far more enjoyable, if you can acquire the taste.
                              31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

Sorry, I try to explain things simply, but I tend to think differently than others, so I confuse people. If you go to a guild, they will tell you how crafting works (and give you a crystal =D) No, you do not need to learn anything for crafting, and you can do all the crafts up to 60, and only one past though.

But, you will need to take a crafting test to be able to advance past 10 (and 20, and 30, etc)

Also, talk to npcs, they will explain a lot of things, like crafting.

What server are you on?

Comment

Working...
                                X