soloing 1-13 is COMPLETE luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soloing 1-13 is COMPLETE luck

i just got the game the other day, and im level 6(dropped from 7) and i had full health and fought something that was decent competition, so i should be fine....he DESTROYED me, and i have no abilities that help me...and i heard u have to solo to 13...so the warrior right now...is ALL luck if i win or not, i cant do anything...the only thing i can do has a 2 hour cooldown...am i doing something wrong, im tired of losing hundreds and hundreds of EXP

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: soloing 1-13 is COMPLETE luck

Originally posted by the_ultimate_shadow View Post
    i just got the game the other day, and im level 6(dropped from 7) and i had full health and fought something that was decent competition, so i should be fine....he DESTROYED me, and i have no abilities that help me...and i heard u have to solo to 13...so the warrior right now...is ALL luck if i win or not, i cant do anything...the only thing i can do has a 2 hour cooldown...am i doing something wrong, im tired of losing hundreds and hundreds of EXP
    Actually you can goto the dunes at level 10. My first job was whitemage so I had it a bit easier, but as a warrior you should have no problem getting an invite to tank even with no subjob. I sugest carrying a shield and axe, but if you can afford it also carry a 2handed axe if the pt wants you as a damage dealer instead. set your homepoint on the bastok facing side of the dunes and solo minor stuff with your flag up to pass the time once your tenth level before that Vomp hill and the area below it is excellent for xp. Worms and bee's are usually easier for you to fight try to avoid goblins and quadoff. Also pick up armor pieces for each of your slots even if it's not very good individually and you'll find better luck both solo and pt. No expensive stuff is realy necesary, but having your slots all covered even with cheap stuff makes a huge difference with 1 or 2 defence each.
    Welcome to Vandiel!

Note: I'ld use leather gear for the entry to the dunes it's level 7 stuff and very cheap last I checked. If you can't afford it level off bee's and sell the chips for 10-15k for a stack. One stack will probably buy you your leather gear. also check the signet NPC to see if there is any armor available for conquest points although I believe that is level 10. (Been awhile since I picked it up I'm afraid)
    Last edited by Theyaden; 10-01-2006, 07:09 PM.

Comment

What weapon are you using? Are you keeping your armor updated? Do you have your first weaponskill yet? Are you using it?

One tip: Go get some "meat jerky" and use it before you go fight stuff. It raises your attack by 25% IIRC.
      Character: Bricklayer
      Server: Ramuh
      31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

i have no money now, i spent it on a shield i can use at level 8, so i can't really upgrade gear, and what do u mean weapon ability....do i have to buy it?

Comment

What weapon are you using? This can affect your ability to hit enemies, because all weapons have a skill cap. Warriors skill is capped highest for Axe and Great Axe.

Weaponskills are abilities you learn naturally when your skill reaches a certain level, e.g. 10, 30, 70, etc. If you are level 6, you should already have your first weaponskill. You can find it under Abilities -> Weapon Skill. When your TP hits 100%, you can use your weaponskill to do more damage than a normal hit (for most weapons).
          31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

Another good tip is to not buy basic armour off the Auction house, but go find a shop that sells it. Go to Deegis armor in Bastok Mines (if you're Bastokian, there are corisponding armor shops in all three nations) you will find that what is sold there is usually much cheaper than what you will find on the AH. Plus, make sure you have an Axe, not sword, Axe is much better for a warrior thanswords are.

Also, don't be afraid to plough through a horde of Easy Prey, instead of one DC, and resting, or even death... I often have spots with sub jobs where I can't take down DC's for love or money, so I plough through every ep I run across, not the most self satisfying, but it gets you there.

Comment

ok, thanks guys, im a compltee newb at this game, and im not even using the AH yet, someone explained how to use it to me, and its WAY different then im used to, i dont like that its basically a guesing game.... question, what happens if u bid, and find out its under the amount that its selling for(from what ive been explained to they gues the bid, and if they bid high enough the person who had the least bid up gets theirs sold for the ques bid that u put in...)

Comment

As for the weaponskill you can use it when the TP reaches 100% but it's bes tif you wait for the TP to charge up to 300%, it deals an immaculate amount of damage compared to your normal attack.

Comment

ok, thanks guys, im a compltee newb at this game, and im not even using the AH yet, someone explained how to use it to me, and its WAY different then im used to, i dont like that its basically a guesing game.... question, what happens if u bid, and find out its under the amount that its selling for(from what ive been explained to they gues the bid, and if they bid high enough the person who had the least bid up gets theirs sold for the ques bid that u put in...)
                  I think you've got it right on the AH.

Buyer: Must bid higher than the lowest available price for item.
                  Seller: Sells if item is lowest price (longest standing at same price?). Sells for the amount bid by the bidder.

You'll probably get a few stacks of crystals by fighting (talk to the gate guard to get Signet cast on you). The economy is in a slight recession, otherwise I would suggest selling your stacks at the AH. Of course, you could sell them now if you wanted. You will probably need the money desperately.
                  31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

As for the weaponskill you can use it when the TP reaches 100% but it's best if you wait for the TP to charge up to 300%, it deals an immaculate amount of damage compared to your normal attack.

Comment

Whoops sorry for the double post.

Comment

signet? i haven't gotten any crystals yet, im kiling stuff outside of sad oria ....or something like that, the elvaan starting place, with worms, rabbits, and orcs

Comment

Get Signet cast on you! You need to talk to a W.W. (if you're from Windurst) a R.K. (if you're from San d'Oria), or an I.M. (if you're from Bastok). Usually it's the guard standing right in front of the entrance to the outskirts of the city.

Comment

Originally posted by FFVIIMidgar View Post
                            As for the weaponskill you can use it when the TP reaches 100% but it's bes tif you wait for the TP to charge up to 300%, it deals an immaculate amount of damage compared to your normal attack.
                            There's differing opinion on this point...

1) You get TP from your weaponskill, so throwing it the second you hit 100% is more efficient, assuming the amount of damage increase scales appropriately from 100%-300%. If you throw your WS at 100%, you get back roughly 6% TP, and you'll get to your next WS faster.

2) Some WSs* do not increase in damage based on TP used, so you won't see a difference at 100% and 300%.

* If you're using Axe, your damage does increase with TP, IIRC.
                            31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

Originally posted by Bricklayer View Post
                              2) Some WSs* do not increase in damage based on TP used, so you won't see a difference at 100% and 300%.
                              Oh wow I didn't know that.

Comment

Working...
                              X