Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi I am new to THF

HI i have few questions,
    1) where do I buy new daager from? I am in windurst. I went to port but they dont have high lv daager but they have everything else.
    2) what is good way to make money for me? i do the field individual traning to get some fast exp and gold but that is still not enough.

Re: Hi I am new to THF

Before lvl 23, you should be using a Sword, or a beestinger (5k last time I saw it on the AH).

As for the good way to make money. At low lvls sell everything you get on the AH or NPC. Do the FoV, and just hope that you can kill the mosnters that they want you to kill .

Comment

Buy your daggers from the Auction House. There's 1 in Walls and another in Woods.

And yes, use a sword until about the 25 (when most people move to the jungles and fight mandragora which are weak to piercing damage) but don't let your dagger skills fall behind because they will be your primary weapon for 25+.

Since you're in windurst you have some nice options for making gil. You can farm yagudo for bead necklaces to trade to Mihgo Amigo (this will come in very handy later when you need to quest Ninjutsu for NIN sub job) and you can also try farming crawlers for silk thread which goes pretty well on the AH. You can also try your hand at fishing.

I would also highly recommend doing WAR first to 18, and then THF. The reason being you'll need it as a SJ anyway (you might actually want to do it to 37) and WAR can level marksmahsip from level 1 and on. This is a very big deal for THF, as marksmanship is your 2nd most important skill (Dagger being 1st).

Any THF worth their salt will have a Crossbow handy with Acid Bolts to pull and help the party kill faster. However, these are a level 16 ammunition which means unless you level WAR, DRK or RNG you won't be able to even skill it up until 16 THF. Trust me, it's well worth it. The bolts reduce a mob's defense by 12.5% and will remove the annoying def up moves some mobs (crabs) use.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
        Buy your daggers from the Auction House. There's 1 in Walls and another in Woods.

yea i went up and look and they cost alot and i only have 2.8k. oh and how do i remove gold from auction house? i just sold few crystals and yagando necky and my money is still 2.8k.

And yes, use a sword until about the 25 (when most people move to the jungles and fight mandragora which are weak to piercing damage) but don't let your dagger skills fall behind because they will be your primary weapon for 25+.

Since you're in windurst you have some nice options for making gil. You can farm yagudo for bead necklaces to trade to Mihgo Amigo (this will come in very handy later when you need to quest Ninjutsu for NIN sub job) and you can also try farming crawlers for silk thread which goes pretty well on the AH. You can also try your hand at fishing.
        where is Mihgo Amigo?

I would also highly recommend doing WAR first to 18, and then THF. The reason being you'll need it as a SJ anyway (you might actually want to do it to 37) and WAR can level marksmahsip from level 1 and on. This is a very big deal for THF, as marksmanship is your 2nd most important skill (Dagger being 1st).
        If i change to war then I cant do ninja right? I thought we can only pick two jobs so i was aiming for thf/ninja. if i do thf/war then i cant get ninja right?

Any THF worth their salt will have a Crossbow handy with Acid Bolts to pull and help the party kill faster. However, these are a level 16 ammunition which means unless you level WAR, DRK or RNG you won't be able to even skill it up until 16 THF. Trust me, it's well worth it. The bolts reduce a mob's defense by 12.5% and will remove the annoying def up moves some mobs (crabs) use.
        thanks again.

Comment

As for the getting your gil off the AH, you have to go to your Mog house and check your delivery box, and accept the gil from there.

Migho Amigo is in Windurst Waters(?), and is to the very north most part I cant remember correctly. I HATED doin gthe quest though lol

As for the changing job to war. You can change jobs as many times as you want. Say you want to play as Thf/War one day, then the next you want to play as Mnk/Thf or some other combo like that, you can change as often as you like. But, you must first get a job to lvl 30, THEN unlock ninja to play it.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
            As for the getting your gil off the AH, you have to go to your Mog house and check your delivery box, and accept the gil from there.

Migho Amigo is in Windurst Waters(?), and is to the very north most part I cant remember correctly. I HATED doin gthe quest though lol

As for the changing job to war. You can change jobs as many times as you want. Say you want to play as Thf/War one day, then the next you want to play as Mnk/Thf or some other combo like that, you can change as often as you like. But, you must first get a job to lvl 30, THEN unlock ninja to play it.
            thanks found it and got my money :D

man AH is really cool place got 6k+ now. lol but one thing I dont get it how did i got more money then i sold for? like some yagando necky i put it for 300 and i got 500 o.O there were ltos of people who had their for 500 why would people buy mine for 500?

Comment

Originally posted by Raxas View Post

man AH is really cool place got 6k+ now. lol but one thing I dont get it how did i got more money then i sold for? like some yagando necky i put it for 300 and i got 500 o.O there were ltos of people who had their for 500 why would people buy mine for 500?

Sometimes stuff like that are just the leading prices. For examples Moat Carp stacks sell for 4k on my server so if I want to save money sometimes I will put them up for 1k and save on the tax the AH puts on yours items. I would be careful because their are people who try every price going up before they hit what it last sold on AH for. Lost a Scorpion Harness at 20k , but that was my fault.

Just be happy someone bought them for 200+ more gil.
              sigpic
              ~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

Comment

As Takelli said, you can freely job change in this game with no penalty. All 20 jobs can be taken to 75 in any order. The restriction you're thinking of is what job combination you can use at any given moment; You can only play 2 jobs (main and sub) at any given moment, but you're free to swap them as you please by talking to a moogle.

LOL and yeah, 2.8k is nothing believe me. Your expenses are only going to keep growing as you level up, so it's important to find a steady income. You're going to need WAR to at least 18 by the way to use as a sub when leveling NIN to 37. For leveling your marksmanship skill, just get a cheap crossbow off the Auction house and buy bolts from the NPC. they shouldn't cost more than 9 gil each (they're 5 gil each with max fame, not sure what the default price is) and thankfully acid bolts won't cost you too much either. They shouldn't be more than 12,000 for a stack of ammo boxes (price varies by server but 12k is the average last I checked)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                  As Takelli said, you can freely job change in this game with no penalty. All 20 jobs can be taken to 75 in any order. The restriction you're thinking of is what job combination you can use at any given moment; You can only play 2 jobs (main and sub) at any given moment, but you're free to swap them as you please by talking to a moogle.

LOL and yeah, 2.8k is nothing believe me. Your expenses are only going to keep growing as you level up, so it's important to find a steady income. You're going to need WAR to at least 18 by the way to use as a sub when leveling NIN to 37. For leveling your marksmanship skill, just get a cheap crossbow off the Auction house and buy bolts from the NPC. they shouldn't cost more than 9 gil each (they're 5 gil each with max fame, not sure what the default price is) and thankfully acid bolts won't cost you too much either. They shouldn't be more than 12,000 for a stack of ammo boxes (price varies by server but 12k is the average last I checked)

Or if you just want NIN to 37 and don't have time to party, you can just solo it to 37 (which is what I did with /dnc). Although since you just started I'd go with the WAR idea...

EDIT!!!! Don't know why I replied with that statement but eh yeah malacite is right and I'm just thinking in a different perspective, don't mind me at all....
                  sigpic

Comment

k so this is what i understand

I need WAR because I need to level up markmenship or something like that (xbow weapon stuff). because ninja needs that to pull? why cant i do that with my thief? i mean its already hard to level lol at 1-10 compare to other games.

Comment

k so this is what i understand

I need WAR because I need to level up markmenship or something like that (xbow weapon stuff). because ninja needs that to pull? why cant i do that with my thief? i mean its already hard to level lol at 1-10 compare to other games.

You actually can use marksmanship with thf, I know I did. You can also use it with WAR as well, I suppose just remember to buy a bow that both your thf and war can use to save on gil.

As for NIN pulling, I don't think I've ever seen a NIN pull...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by odjnlinus View Post
                        As for NIN pulling, I don't think I've ever seen a NIN pull...
                        I only remember it happening once. The only reason it happened that time was because we had a PLD tank and everybody and their mom forgot their ranged weapons. We couldn't find a 6th person so we just decided to get the NIN for extra measure.
                        {New Sig in the works}
                        -----------------------
                        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                        Originally posted by Solymir
                        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

AH works sort of like selling on the stock market. You set your minimum "ask" price, but all bidders can see is the "buy" prices of previous sales. The seller is chosen by the lowest "ask" price equal to or greater than the bid, and the oldest listing in the case of ties. If it doesn't sell in about 3 earth days or so, your item gets kicked off and mailed back to you.

If you sell for a lower price than in the price history (this is called "undercutting"), you will probably sell faster, but many buyers know to start with a lower price, especially when they're buying a lot of an item. Undercutting works best when you only have one or two of an item to sell. Using all seven slots on the same item and undercutting often ends up depressing the price of the item for days or even weeks.

You'll eventually learn things like subtracting 99 or 999 from the price (4901 instead of 5000) because very few people have the time to figure out exactly what your price is, and everyone else is selling at those prices. And as a buyer, you'll learn how the quantity for sale affects your chance of underbidding.

For instance, I made a buttload (around 25-30 stacks) of Bast Parchment a couple of weeks ago for Woodworking skill, and I am still selling them two or four at a time. At first I was heavily undercutting two at a time on my San d;'Oria mule, but then I noticed a good price on Jeuno, with a sale rate where I could put up four at a time. Now I only have about five or so left. (use ffxiah.com and you can see the prices and sale rates for Jeuno)

As for the skills, here is a list of which jobs get which skills:

Combat Skills - FFXIclopedia

Note that the problem mentioned with Marksmanship for THF was that the Lv 1 bolts can't be equipped by THF. I ended up leveling mine at first after I found a Firefly gun in a treasure chest, and was able to fire Lv 1 bullets with it. (guns and crossbows are both Marksmanship skill) I ran around shooting things just because it was fun.
                          Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                          99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                          F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                          >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwynn View Post
                            Note that the problem mentioned with Marksmanship for THF was that the Lv 1 bolts can't be equipped by THF. I ended up leveling mine at first after I found a Firefly gun in a treasure chest, and was able to fire Lv 1 bullets with it. (guns and crossbows are both Marksmanship skill) I ran around shooting things just because it was fun.
                            Since you are new as you said... Don't use a gun and bullets. Bullets are VERY expensive. Bronze Bullets sell for nearly 80k/Stack of pouches, even 100k on some servers I think.

Comment

The Crossbow is for THF, not Ninja. You need it to be able to both pull and hit the enemy with acid bolts to reduce their defense and/or remove defense up abilities.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X