Thf/brd?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thf/brd?!

So I was waiting to go in Dynamis-Xarcabard last night, when one of our guys says on Vent "Hey lemme come THF/BRD!" After like 10 minutes of debate and moaning from the shellholder, he gets the OK.

Well..... by the time we finished with the second demon NM tower (about a half hour in) we were just dying from shock. We had 6 relic armor drops already. Then things started getting really sick - Another three by the end of the demon NMs, a Jadeshell on the Vanguard Dragons, full drops from Dynamis Lord - including another Jadeshell. I didn't even KNOW DL dropped those! Another two relic drops by the end of the run gave us a total of 11 relic armor pieces.

So needless to say by the end of the run we were jaw-dropped at the adjustment of adding a THF/BRD to our group. I reflected on it a little bit, given the information provided in this thread, and figured it makes a lot of sense to play party buffs or even Horde Lullaby just to generate TH2+2 emnity from every mob in the area.

That's all I've got. Anyone else ever tried this out?
    Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
    Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
    Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Re: Thf/brd?!

Olo if you tell me that RDM dropped you're dead.

But yeah, I've heard of it, it really is a decent idea for an event where THF isn't required to be a DD source and is just there for TH.

Although, I still don't believe TH is real in the slightest.
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
      Olo if you tell me that RDM dropped you're dead.
      Well then I won't tell you it dropped. Can I tell you the other 10 drops we got?

But yeah, I've heard of it, it really is a decent idea for an event where THF isn't required to be a DD source and is just there for TH.

Although, I still don't believe TH is real in the slightest.
      Well SE has openly admitted that the percentage increases in rare/exclusive drop rates from TH is miniscule - I don't have the exact number but it's something llike 1-2%. Even the addition of Thief's Knife or Assassin's Armlets to your gearset only adds about .2% max.

Comment

Originally posted by Olorin401 View Post
        Well SE has openly admitted that the percentage increases in rare/exclusive drop rates from TH is miniscule - I don't have the exact number but it's something llike 1-2%. Even the addition of Thief's Knife or Assassin's Armlets to your gearset only adds about .2% max.
        Every little bit helps, though I don't believe there is any substitute for just having 30+ members at the run to mow down more mobs. That and actually getting into Xarca through all these bastid Northlands-spamming LS' on Ramuh.

For TH in general, we went from going 0/10 on consecutive Nyzul runs to 4/8 when we dropped our TH3 in favor of TH0.

Now I just need to get MH cleared through the Glacier so we can give Xarca a shot, I did get BRD body the other week though, 4/5 on both jobs needing Xarca now. Trying to get our THF to lend me his Blau so I can go test out Military Parade in campaign battles lol...
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Square-Enix confirmed recently that TH activates when the thief gets added to the hatelist.

With THF/BRD, Horde Lullaby is a quick and easy way to get on the hatelist of a bunch of enemies.

Ergo, you've got a lot more TH active on your run, and thus should be getting some extra drops.

Icemage

Comment

Its not hard to attack every mob?

fk yes

Comment

Originally posted by 711rocks View Post
              That depends.

If one main /assist, sure, easy enough. However, statues are usually handled by BLMs (at least in the Dynamis LS I'm in), independently from the tanks and melees. And, in large shells, there's always the possibility some things would die before the THF can hit it due to lag, sleepiness, etc.

Often, NINs in my Dynamis LS would handle a slime each until tank/melees can get to it, when there aren't enough BRDs to lullaby those. (Difficult to sleep on RDM, our primary crowd control job.) Sometimes, while they are doing that, BLMs would go over and nuke those, so no THF touched them before some of them die.

Nice thing about THF/BRD is that you can just run around and "touch" everything quickly, and not have to worry about /range attacking statues individually. I tried to convince my Dynamis LS to get one of THF to do that, but the leader didn't seem interested. *shrug*
              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I am very interested in Dynamis once I reach the required level - is /BRD getting to be a pretty standard SJ for a Dynamis THF? If so, that sucks because I thought I had all my SJs taken care of.
                FFXIV Balmung Server
                Tenro Matashi
                PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Donkey View Post
                  I am very interested in Dynamis once I reach the required level - is /BRD getting to be a pretty standard SJ for a Dynamis THF? If so, that sucks because I thought I had all my SJs taken care of.
                  Don't worry about /BRD, at least not for while yet. Not every Dynamis LS wants a THF/BRD, and of those which do, they probably only want one THF/BRD per run.
                  Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                  yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                  Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                  leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                    That depends.

If one main /assist, sure, easy enough. However, statues are usually handled by BLMs (at least in the Dynamis LS I'm in), independently from the tanks and melees. And, in large shells, there's always the possibility some things would die before the THF can hit it due to lag, sleepiness, etc.

Often, NINs in my Dynamis LS would handle a slime each until tank/melees can get to it, when there aren't enough BRDs to lullaby those. (Difficult to sleep on RDM, our primary crowd control job.) Sometimes, while they are doing that, BLMs would go over and nuke those, so no THF touched them before some of them die.

Nice thing about THF/BRD is that you can just run around and "touch" everything quickly, and not have to worry about /range attacking statues individually. I tried to convince my Dynamis LS to get one of THF to do that, but the leader didn't seem interested. *shrug*
                    Thats a good point, there are a couple THFs with BRD leveled, I'll suggest they test it out. I never touch statues cause the BLMs blow them up in a sec while the melee all /assist on one mob at a time. Generally in dynamis I focus on sinking an acid bolt into every mob and feinting all the NMs.

fk yes

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                      Don't worry about /BRD, at least not for while yet. Not every Dynamis LS wants a THF/BRD, and of those which do, they probably only want one THF/BRD per run.
                      That's all we had for this past run, and apparently it was all that we needed.

I suppose you could get similar results with a BRD/THF. You'll only have access to TH1 but that's still adding to the percentage that r/ex drops wil occur.

Comment

Originally posted by 711rocks View Post
                        That's what we had originally been doing - a THF would basically hold one of the mobs with its shadows and solo, while the rest of the group pounded away on other mobs.. Most of our melee group was sub-WAR or sub-NIN so there wasn't much TH taking effect there.

This way you can keep this same pattern, allow the THF/BRD to lay a AoE song like Horde Lullaby on most of the mobs and throw something targeted like Elegy or Threnody at individual mobs. It doesn't have to land - the attempt is what causes emnity to generate.

Comment

Working...
                        X