No announcement yet.

im new to thf plz answer my question :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im new to thf plz answer my question :)

Hello, i started a thief today on Midgardsormr server - named Siwar if you want to add me.. anyways..

i have a few questions that i would like answering if you dont mind helping me out.

1) at lvl 5 you gain the ability steal, what types of monsters do you steel from ? is it all.. or the 1s that drop gil for e.g. orcs.. because i have stole from all types and i keep missing.. is it because of my lvl or somthing im not sure.

2) what wepon is better to use, dagger or sword.. dagger faster sword more dmg

ty in adv =)

Re: im new to thf plz answer my question

Find the area you're in from: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Areas

Click on the area, scroll down, find the "Mobs Found Here" section. Look under the column "Steal".
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

tyvm for the link

Comment

What Itazura said. You'll want to focus on swords, don't use daggers actively 'til at least 25. However, keep in mind that you'll need to have your dagger skill maxed at Lv.32 so you can learn Viper Bite at 33 as soon as you level. Past 33 it's dagger all the way, ain't no other way about it.

Comment

thank you =) that will help me alot. btw what is maxed skill lvl ?

Comment

At 32 it'll be 99 if I remember right. You'll know if it's maxed when it turns blue.

Comment

GR MY DAD IS A **** HEAD

hes so fkin dumb ! i changed resolution on computer to make gfx betta on FFXI, and my dads like comp aint the same website is tiny bit smaller... and he does a system restore without telling me, and now FFXI has been tooken of the dam computer and i have to install it again tomorrow what will take time of my game time cus of stupid college.

Comment

Originally posted by siwarz View Post
                GR MY DAD IS A **** HEAD

hes so fkin dumb ! i changed resolution on computer to make gfx betta on FFXI, and my dads like comp aint the same website is tiny bit smaller... and he does a system restore without telling me, and now FFXI has been tooken of the dam computer and i have to install it again tomorrow what will take time of my game time cus of stupid college.

...you might educate your father in the use of a "right-click/properties/settings"....

...and don't bitch. Your in college. ...not stupid college. I'm not sure what that is, but i don't think stupid is a good descriptor of college. Stay in school...or you'll end up with a stupid job instead.

Comment

Originally posted by siwarz View Post
                  what is maxed skill lvl ?
                  When the skill level is at the max for your current level.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                  ------
                  Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                  When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

>. > Dagger caps at 269 by level 75 for THF (276 for evasion btw)

And stealing is totally random. There are equipments you can get later on to help, but from what I've heard they don't do much.

Generally the best enemies to steal from are the high level beastmen that carry Gold Coins, or slightly lower for Mythril. Stacks of those coins go for quite a bit of money, and can also be used to synth ingots (though the coins are generally worth more since it takes 4 coins for 1 ingot)
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Ok so I got a Q hear for all you THFs out there. My main is RDM 57 and mostly the reason I am lvling THF is that I keep getting told by LS mates that IF I go farming I need to have THF lvled to at least 15. So my Q is , Does Thf really make that much of a difference for Farming? I am currently lvl 10 THF and I can say that I enjoy the steal ability but totally random. I know I got job trait GilFinder, When does the next Teir gilfinder come in to play? For the purpose of farming should I stop at 15 or go for a higher lvl?

TY in advance
                      Dahc Ramuh server
                      San D'Oria Rank 6
                      RDM 68 WHM 38 BLM 22 PLD 35 SAM 15 NIN 15 WAR 10 BST 34 THF 15 MNK 10 SMN 10 DRK 10 DRG 14 BRD 15 PUP 12 COR 10 RNG 10 BLU 19 DNC 20 SCH 15

Comment

TH I is a big difference, level thf to 15 at least for that.
                        I'd suggest getting it to 37 for farming @ 75 rdm (for level II evasion bonus)
                        TH II is amazing.
                        TH III/IV are nice to have but are likely doing nothing too different.
                        There is only 1 gilfinder trait, but it can be enhanced by certain gear (Relic pants/andravawhatever they are)

fk yes

Comment

TH1 is what you are shooting for @15, not Steal or Gilfinder. TH1 makes a good difference in drops.
                          FFXIV Balmung Server
                          Tenro Matashi
                          PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Working...
                          X