mercy knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mercy knife

is the mercy knife a great weapon for thf considering the gil it costs.. i personally think it can be very useful in some situations/mobs but alot of thfs ive talked to dont think its worth the gil at all? im planning on buying one its about 6 mil on ifrit server n i have the gil just wondering if i should get it or not?

Re: mercy knife

Er - what is the mercy knife? Can you give us a link to it, because I have no idea what it is.

I am assuming you mean Mandau - giving the weapon skill Mercy Stroke. If that is the case you will need a couple of zeros on the end of that amount to get it...

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

There's no weapon in FFXI called a "Mercy Knife". Mandau isn't purchasable (at least not in the general sense) and yes, 600,000,000 would be a closer guess to its price than 6 million.

Perhaps the OP is talking about Mercurial Kris?

Icemage

Comment

Only thing with "mercy" in the title relating to daggers is Mercy Stroke, the relic WS...
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

ff11 slang... mercrucial kris

Comment

We all play this game too, otherwise we wouldnt be on the forums and we still didnt know what you meant... anyway I never saw the point in it personally. Id rather get a Blau/Sirocco Kukri.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

I can see it being fairly strong at Lv.50 but not at endgame. I got a person in Allakhazam to test it out for me (didn't use /WAR and was too low for TA, so it was just pure weapon procs.) According to him he did nearly 1000 attack rounds (and I believe him, because he told me was going to do it over the weekend and I got the results on Wedneday) and the proc rate turned out to be 25% single hit, 50% double hits, 25% triple hits, which averages out to 2 hits per attack round. That makes it a DMG:16 Delay:192 weapon that gains TP at twice the usual rate. When dual wielded you're still getting 150% TP gain, which is what Joyeuse has single-wielded.

But yeah, if we're talking endgame it's kinda lacking.

Comment

Looking at that though... that means there is a 75% chance of a 2-3 times hit. Add that in to the TA rate on a merited thief and it could be worthwhile. It has its uses but it doesn't seem necessary by any means.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Is it really better than good old Hornet? And how much TP do you give the mob with every hit?

Because as a THF I wouldn't like giving a mob 30TP on a single round while dealing 6 dmg total.
                  sigpic
                  "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                  Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

TP given isn't really an issue. Mobs already get TP so fast it's irrelevant. Plus, they don't even begin to use it 100% of the time every time it's ready until they're at 20% HP or less.

As for "better than Hornetneedle..." well, they're kinda different. Merc. Kris has less DoT but gives you much more WS, while Hornetneedle is pure DoT and WS's at the normal rate. Would be pretty interesting if you could gain TP fast enough with Merc. Kris to do SAWS and TAWS every 30 seconds, though.

Comment

of ocurse theres certain occasions where u wouldnt want mobs to get a heap load of tp .. but at 70s its all tp burn parties so the mobs dont last that long so i dont really think the added mob tp is going to make a huge difference in this case

Comment

A rank dagger on murc kris as opposed to D rank sword, though. And thf can't equip Joyeuse. So Justice Sword or Ridill (x.x). in light of that... seems like the Kris could do some good... some.
                        "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Isn't the weapons damage rating important to factor into the equation?

A friend in my LS last night was talking about how, if he was THF/WAR, and had the "Mercy Dagger," with Double Attack and Triple Attack at LV50, would it be possible for him to proc on a consistent basis the two JAs and deal more dps. It lead to some interesting discussion but basically the LS surmised that, given the potential for more dps per second, given the low damage of mercurial kris, WS damage and dps would almost average about between the two. Which led us to believe that there isn't really much of a difference between Hornetneedle and Merc kris.

However, thinking about it further, would Hornetneedle's attack rate really stand up toe-to-toe against Merc Kriss? I don't have either weapon right now to test them and I did read here about the 75% proc rate for a 2-3 attack frame, which leads me to believe Merc Kriss could probably outweight... but if in end-game, the Kriss wouldn't stand up to a 20+ damage dagger.... then to me it seems obvious.

I remember that kriss being like 14mil about a year ago, now its 3-4mil lol. It could certainly be the difference between wasting your time and your pocket book just trying it out.

Hopefully, maybe, someone will come forward with some more info. Until then, I'm still partial to believe its probably just barely more beneficial than what's already available.... and less expensive to just go w/HN.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinhiryu_Kage View Post
                            A friend in my LS last night was talking about how, if he was THF/WAR, and had the "Mercy Dagger," with Double Attack and Triple Attack at LV50, would it be possible for him to proc on a consistent basis the two JAs and deal more dps.
                            Minor correction: Triple Attack is Lv.55, I think.
                            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Technically speaking, Misericorde is the Mercy Knife.

Originally posted by www.dictionary.com
                              mis·er·i·cord /ˌmɪzərɪˈkɔrd, mɪˈzɛrɪˌkɔrd/ Pronunciation[miz-er-i-kawrd, mi-zer-i-kawrd]
                              –noun
                              1. a room in a monastery set apart for those monks permitted relaxation of the monastic rule.
                              2. Also, subsellium. a small projection on the underside of a hinged seat of a church stall, which, when the seat is lifted, gives support to a person standing in the stall.
                              3. a medieval dagger, used for the mercy stroke to a wounded foe.

Comment

Working...
                              X