Stacking TH1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stacking TH1?

Do the effects of TH1 or TH2 stack at all?

I.E, 2 THF's in a party may get better drops than 1 THF.

Just a random thought, is all. Nothing specific.

Re: Stacking TH1?

I don't think anyone has ever figure out how TH works.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

lol ok, maybe its something Ill send to SE

Comment

Originally posted by hongman View Post
        lol ok, maybe its something Ill send to SE
        it's not something they'll likely divulge. believe me, the developers have been asked many, many times how TH works and all have been "no comment."

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Is there a particular reason behind being so elusive with the information regarding TH?

Or just "one of those things"...

Comment

probably afraid people will exploit it (or throw a fit) if they learned how it exactly works

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Aha you mean if people were to find out TH is all in their heads and coincidence

Just wanted to know really, if a full 6 person party of all THF's with TH1/TH2 would get uber drops from NMs they could handle

Comment

SE *might* reveal it to us one day....

But that'll be the day they shut down the servers ; . ;
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

They don't want to reveal it because they do want to keep *some* things secret, especially in the sense of 'luck' and drops.

But in my experiances, no, they don't seem to stack.
                  "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Everyone has their theories about it. I can say that through 3.5 years of play, I've not seen any conclusive proof that they do or don't stack. The place you'd most want TH is, of course, Dynamis, but it's so hard to tell in there; sometimes you get 12 pieces of relic armor... sometimes zero, no matter what you do.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by hongman View Post
                      Is there a particular reason behind being so elusive with the information regarding TH?
                      Or just "one of those things"...
                      SE actually tells the players very little about how the game works, just like God doesn't explain everything to you. You're supposed to figure it out yourself, or in the case of the game figure it out with your fellow players.

I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

One thing is for sure ;o Drop rate as an alliance > solo. This has lead me to believe that TH does stack(those slots in the alliance mean more), but don't take my word on it.

There are LSes that get 10-15+ pieces of Relic in their Dynamis runs, average, and a lot of them swear by putting a THF in every party. I know I don't be getting that many Relic even on a good day, but I usually have not taken part in this tactic in the past and as of right now, there is THF in the melee party and a THF in the BLM party, doesn't make a big difference.

EDIT: Did you just compare SE to a Intelligent Designer of Christian faith?
                        Read my blog.
                        ffxibrp.livejournal.com
                        Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
                        Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

Originally posted by Legal Fish View Post
                          One thing is for sure ;o Drop rate as an alliance > solo. This has lead me to believe that TH does stack(those slots in the alliance mean more), but don't take my word on it.
                          That doesn't show that TH stacks at all. It shows that drops are calculated on a per-person rate. 2THF getting more drops then 1THF would lend weight to TH stacking.

Originally posted by Legal Fish View Post
                          EDIT: Did you just compare SE to a Intelligent Designer of Christian faith?
                          Only if you're Christian, otherwise the generic term god may refer to another being. For the sake of the argument, no matter what your belief system, the analogy it was appropriate.
                          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Actually I remeber SE saying something along the lines of "As long as you have a THF in the PT, Treasure Hunter will be in effect" when asked with questions of does the THF have to have the last hit, does the THF have to be on the hate list ......etc

Comment

Originally posted by Zempten View Post
                              Actually I remeber SE saying something along the lines of "As long as you have a THF in the PT, Treasure Hunter will be in effect" when asked with questions of does the THF have to have the last hit, does the THF have to be on the hate list ......etc
                              Yeah, I think that was asked at the event in California earlier this year. Thats the most they've ever said about the subject and will probably be their last word on it.
                              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Working...
                              X