Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yokodama...need some expert advice

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I think Jeeb mentioned using the healing key
    I play ffxi on PC so I don't know if i am going to answer your question.

    Anyway, the healing key I mentioned is the button for sitting which you will sit when pressing this button (if you dont have a thing targeted, but if you are targeting someone, you will lock him/her instead).

    Gotta let PS2 players help on this I guess.
    Jeeb the Dancing Thf~
    74THF 73BLM.

    Comment


    • #47
      Sexy cat yokodama
      Team is positioned so that even if the monster turns, I still get sneak+trick attack bonus.
      Warning level cat face.
      ?:3
      E:
      : 3

      Comment


      • #48
        Mithrankittycat,

        I just noticed that you have the same face as me
        Jeeb the Dancing Thf~
        74THF 73BLM.

        Comment


        • #49
          We're cookiecutters too =;_;=
          Small, medium, or large? Kittycat is large beastly 5' mithra.
          Warning level cat face.
          ?:3
          E:
          : 3

          Comment


          • #50
            holy shit, what is your GFX card, I wish mine played that well

            Oh on another note, in regards to keeping hate. I don't know if its THF related but any ideas on how to keep hate on tank for the "forgotton" melee, (ie, melee doing crap damage so he can link with the THFs massive damage WS). I was in 2 pts where the mages kept getting hate for some reason, setup was: WAR/DRK/THF/SMN/RDM/BRD. And SMN kept getting hate, actually ended up dying and every time we had to renkei WAR would lose hate and dama would get messed up. I tried busting taunt macro after my WS (It was Vorpal Scythe - Dancing) thinking this would help but I died in like 2 seconds :sweat: Any ideas on what to do in those PT situations where the damn monster turns its head after the WS before THF yokodamas.

            Comment


            • #51
              I have one question on the subject...

              The macro used there has Sneak Attack, Wait 2, Trick Attack

              My question is, do these abilities stack? In other words, is it:
              Prepare Sneak attack.
              Prepare Trick attack.
              Both goes off at once, causing the hate of the sneak to go in the Trick Attack part.

              or is it simply:
              Prepare sneak attack.
              Do sneak attack.
              Prepare trick attack.
              Do trick attack.
              ?
              The sole thing that one possess throughout their entire life is hope.

              Comment


              • #52
                They do stack as long as you don't hit the monster after you activate sneak attack. I mean, if you do it manually, click sneak att, hit monster, then click trick att, of course in this case the sneak att would go off before the trick att is activated.

                however, if you put em in a macro like u said(sneak, wait 2, trick), they will always stack.

                I think square made macro to be like 1 object that your normal att won't be effected.

                let say you put this:

                /ja sneak <t>
                /wait 2
                /ja trick <t>
                /wait 2
                /ws dancing edges <t>

                once you hit the macro, your normal hit wont be effected by the macro if it goes off during the macro, but your ws will be cuz its in the macro at the last line.

                so if you make this:
                /ja sneak <t>
                /wait 2
                /ja trick <t>

                you can make sure that your next hit after macro ends will be full sneak+trick attack.

                there is a case though. avoid hitting other macro while the sneak+trick macro is being activated cuz that sometimes cancles your sneak+trick macro(you may get only sneak att if you press other macro at the middle).
                Jeeb the Dancing Thf~
                74THF 73BLM.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Thanks to Jeeb, everyone on this post (and a certain taru thief that I am paired with ) I can do yokodama consistently :spin: Another question for you master thieves: what determines how much damage you do with fuidama/yokodama? I noticed that I can do between 120-270 (without ws lvl 37 thief) on the same type of monster. Is it related to the distance between you and tank or monster? Thanks again!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X