X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

um i'm a summoner and summoner skill does do some thing

it raises summons HP DEF and Attack.
    Sephiroth The Great

SMN 75, BLM 54, WHM 37, RDM 24, THF 9 DRK 9,RNG 6,WAR 21, MNK 4,BST 16 NIN 6, SAM 41 DRG 9, PLD 5, BLU 20, BRD 6, .....ect. Austere set: Hat Body Gloves Pants (Penance) Boots, Staves: all HQ. Evoker's Pigaches+1, Astral Staff, Sacrifice Torque.

Comment

i thought only base level of smn mattered,and i seriously don't see any difference between my summons after spending 2 hours to skill up (cough boring cough)
      omfgbbq ;3

Comment

maybe SMNskill affect some Avatar's ability too
        now as SMN67 with SMNskill 189 plus 12
        my 2hr ability do about 1100dmg
        even use with low lv monster or high lv monster it alway same dmg
        but... that still useless 1100 dmg at every 2 hr and use all MP mean nothing with this LV

also SMN 2hr ability dmg not depend on MP we use
        i try it many time, use when low MP or full MP dmg alway same (if monster cant resist it too )

wanna be SMN70 as fast as i can....:sweat:
        war10, mnk8, thf10, whm62, blm30, rdm31, brd7, rng10, smn56 other1

Comment

Hi guys,

For those who have their other summons beside carbuncle, does any of u remember what does the fame check npc say right before u can get the summon quests?

I'm trying to get the Ifrit quest, but I have no idea whether my fame in Windurst is high enough - the fame check npc says "....I heard nothing but good things about you, keep up the good work". So I just wanna make sure before I make a trip to Kazham

Thanks

Comment

Thank you Sheila. I guess my RDM and BLM will not be too hot as Summoner sub. My WHM is LV1 With all the probelms, I'll wait til the new patch and see if they have fixed anything.

I just have Leviathon and Garuda left to complete. Finally got my Norg fame high enough to receive the quest.

Zorca, I can't help you since I'm playing the Japanese version. Translation is not the same. I can tell you that there are 9 Ranks to fame with Rank 9 being, "You're a hero in this country". Most of my ranks were 8 or 9 when I started doing these quests.
            RDM 75, BLM 73, WHM 42, SMN 41, RNG 40, NIN 37, DRK 37, THF 25, WAR 20

Comment

Intuitively, I would say a big 'ol no to there being a bahamut and a less enthusiastic (yet still firm) no to there being any other non-elemental summon.

No to Bahamut because... well, he wasn't in FFTA. Maybe he's getting laid off or something, who knows? 'Sides, I think the whole draconic aspect of that fella would kind of encroach on the DRG's territory. I don't see a whole lot of sense in having two jobs with dragon pets, especially when there's the obvious inequality of the DRG's being free.

No to the non-elemental summons because I get the distinct feeling that non-elemental damage is pretty much reserved for the hack and slashers, not aware of any spell that does non-elemental damage (though please inform me if I'm wrong). Seems to me as though SE wants to make people study the cute little elements chart and tailor their spells and summons accordingly, not introduce something that's useful in all situations, as that could likely diminish the value of having the other summons, if you get what I mean.

But what do I know?
              Have your Elvaan spayed or neutered.

Comment

I've heard that there's 5 new summons coming. Fenrir is obviously one of them. I've heard rumors about Ragnarok, and maybe Bahamut (please pretty please :D)

Comment

Oh yeah, and to the above poster about non-elemental summons...

Carbuncle.Explain.Now. :D

Last time a check Carbuncle was a non-elemental summon.... Unless then came up with a Carbuncle element... O.O

Comment

Carbuncle is light element based.
                    carbuncle 2hr definitely does more damage to goblins than other monsters, and goblins are weak against light element.

3 Mithra are better than 1...
                    Sapphire - Valefor 30RDM/15THF
                    Navia - Valefor 70SAM/63NIN/42SMN/42RNG/60DRK
                    Navii - Valefor 70SAM/64NIN/42SMN/50RNG/60WHM

Navia - Asura (ret.) 75NIN/75RNG/55WHM/37WAR/37SMN/28THF
                    Goldsmithing (99.0 + 3) / Clothcraft (60+1) /Smithing (60.0)/BoneCraft (60) / Alchemy (60) / Cooking (30)

Comment

Oh...

Well...

Um...

That's changed from the past hehe...

Comment

Fame level required for each summon appears to be fame rank 6.

I've heard that the San D'oria message is something along the lines of:
                        "Even babies in their cradle... blah blah blah."
                        My current message:
                        "XXXX, you are famous!"

is supposedly fame rank 5.

iirc, the Windurst message (to give you a good idea of your Khazam fame, since Windurst doesn't have an avatar quest NPC) is along the lines of, "You'd have to be living in a hole not to have heard of you!"

I'd tell you the Bastok message, but an awful lot of Bastok messages are along the lines of, "A lot of people have heard of you!", with minor variations indicating you've reached a new fame rank. Unless you've got the exact text, its not much help.

I doubt I've checked my Rabao or Mhaura fame ever.

Tenshodo fame can be checked in Norg, but a lot of people also use the so-called "Rice Balls" method. Go talk to the lady at the counter in Neptune's Spire in Jeuno, and check the price on Rice Balls. The lower the price, the higher your fame. She's currently offering to sell them to me for 168 gil, and I know I've still got a ways to go (pretty sure its Rank 2 fame - possibly Rank 3, but I very strongly doubt it). Unfortunately, I don't know what the price needs to be in order to get the Leviathen quest. Its hardly a scientific method, but its a lot easier than hiking to Norg every time you run some zinc to Bastok.

Comment

my summoning skill is 92 MAX and i do 356 DMG with 2hr and i can always pull it off 2 times, DMG is also not reduced by # of monsters it hits. and i'll say it again lol when i lv my summons do more dmg but i dont really see a difference till i max skill.
                          second thing my carb attacks about as fast as a NIN and does same DMG i also do same DMG as nin but dont attack as fast ; ;
                          (this is to IT monsters) so yes summoners can do dmg
                          ^^
                          Sephiroth The Great

SMN 75, BLM 54, WHM 37, RDM 24, THF 9 DRK 9,RNG 6,WAR 21, MNK 4,BST 16 NIN 6, SAM 41 DRG 9, PLD 5, BLU 20, BRD 6, .....ect. Austere set: Hat Body Gloves Pants (Penance) Boots, Staves: all HQ. Evoker's Pigaches+1, Astral Staff, Sacrifice Torque.

Comment

But Bahamut is a huge dragon and the Dragoons have a Wyvern, not a dragon. There is a big difference between dragons and wyverns
                            Creon Arcais - Rank 6 San d'Orian
                            Black Mage-70 White Mage-41
                            Red Mage-6 Monk-10
                            Thief-47 Warrior-30
                            Dark Knight-11 Summoner-26
                            Ranger - 22 Dragoon - 15
                            Samurai - 11 Bard - 10
                            Ninja - 31 Paladin - 46

Dynamis LS - (Can I have it?)

Comment

from what I know, a Dragon causes destruction and a wyvern is just a small two legged dragon that comes from Middle English, translated from viper

and the screen shot I've seen of Fenrir, he looks like something from monster rancher
                              If the minimum wasn't acceptable it wouldn't be called the minimum. ~ The Tweezen way

Comment

"AF does not have hate minus for summoner, it has hate minus for the summon beast! Beast hate is the same for any party member hate, separate."

Actually, 2 pieces of the AF have - enmity for the summoner, the others are for the Avatar ^^

Retired again, I'm no good at goodbyes...

Comment

Working...
                                X