Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long did it take you to get Carbuncle's Ruby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How long did it take you to get Carbuncle's Ruby?

Fire weather happens when you're camping KV and you want earth weather, duh.
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

3 hours when i was trying to get it from the leeches in buburimu.

a few months later as a blm/thf (was farming) went there just for the bird blood and 2nd leech dropped it. It was a shame coz i had a LS member who needed the ruby as well.

Also places i went for weather are as follows

WIND - LA THEINE
      ICE- BEAUDICINE GLACIER
      FIRE - EASTERN & WESTERN ALTEPA DESERT
      EARTH - VALKURM DUNES
      WATER - LA THEINE
      LIGHTNING - JUGNER FOREST
      CLEAR - WEST RONFAURE

i think that's all of them. Wind & Water were very easy for me. Earth, again was easy as i could zone between the dunes and la theine. Fire was a pain for me as i found it quite rare in the dunes, so i was told to keep zoning between eastern & western desert as they didnt share 1 weather zone (it could be fire on 1 but not the other) and i got it within an hour. Icewas too easy just ran to the glacier and warpped back as i got it within 2 secs. Lightning was quite easy as jugner has regular thunder storms
      and clear i got without even trying, warpped back to sandy, and walked out to get it while i was heading to la theine via chocobo.

There are other areas eg, valkkurm for fire but i've listed where i got my weather from.
      Last edited by godsaiyan; 07-13-2009, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Took me about 15 kills with my buddy as BLU/THF 69 in the Peninsula around the bay.

Comment

I was browsing the forums today and came across this interesting topic. I can see this is an older thread, but I'm going to post anyway. I just reactivated my account to do some casual play and attempt a few things I never had a chance to do before. One of which is the Trial by Size avatar fights.

So I reactivated and logged in on Sunday night, and I had read that Carbuncle's Ruby was a very rare drop in most cases. Expecting the worse I logged in, hopped on my thf and warped out to Qufim to beat up on some leeches for what I thought would be. . .all night.

I was ready though, having not played in over 6 months, I needed a little time to get used to the controls and refamiliarize myself with my character etc. Well I didn't get that chance. The fourth leech I defeated dropped the seemingly unatainable (exageration *cough*) ruby.

Then I hopped around on my WHM for litterally less than a game day collecting the weathers. Had to hit up Bubu for Wind and Xacabard for Ice, everything else was in Zulkheim. I was ready to level up my SMN in less than an hour. It could not have gone smoother.

My SMN is now almost lvl 14 after grinding out some FOV and one dunes party which I truly fealt was doomed to fail (myself and a blm spamming Cure I on a pally tank), which actually turned out to be one of the best exp parties in recent memory. I'm well on my way to obtaining my miniforks and pwning some celestial avatar hiney (Garuda has pleanty to go around amirite?).

Well that was a lot of rambling. Anyway, glad to be back!
          Kanmiqote -- Pheonix Server

Comment

Ya they sure loosened the purse strings on those leeches because they drop them a lot easier now. I remember way back when it was a nightmare because the drop rate sucked and then you always had competition for pops. Glad it went smoothly for you! Congrats!
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally starting this topic, all I can say is SMN is a very very very fun job, it solos well too at 70+ and has a variety of uses in parties/EG
              | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
              2/5 WAR +2
              Farsha(85)

Comment

Working...
              X