Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long did it take you to get Carbuncle's Ruby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long did it take you to get Carbuncle's Ruby?

Been playing this game since 2005, killed lots and lots of regular mobs, including leeches. Never once encountered the drop so I never unlocked SMN. Now that I've had TH2 for some time, I think I'm going to put it to use.

How long did it take you to get the drop? (estimated) 1/?

It just seems {Incredibly Tough} to get
    | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
    2/5 WAR +2
    Farsha(85)

Re: How long did it take you to get Carbuncle's Ruby?

Had a party against Qufim leeches on my first job back in 2003. Everybody got one before the night was done, so I would say an hour or less each. I helped a friend get one a few months later, in Buburimu, which took about 40-50 leeches.

Comment

took me 3 days of off and o leech killing ;p and 3 months of passively trying to get the stupid elements......
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

We were killing leeches outside of Bibiki Bay i think... I was a 30ish monk, and my buddy was a 20ish warrior. We went like 2/300... It took forever... it could've even been 2/500. We were there for like 6-7 hours. He got his after like 200 mobs, i actually called it, this is the last one i'm tired of this ish, then i got the drop. It took forever, good thing you have th2!!!
        75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
        RANK 10 Bastok
        CoP: Done
        ZM: Done
        ToA: Done
        Assault rank: Captain
        Campaign Medal: Medals
        Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
        This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

To get the one I was looking for it took a few hours, I would say about 3. To get the extra one after I didn't need it took 5 leeches. Since then I haven't seen a single one. I'm pretty sure luck is better to have than TH2 on this one.

Comment

I had gone ruby hunting/blood farming back before the blood nerf and either I was having an extremely day or it was the TH2 but it seemed every 3 or 4 leeches I killed I was getting a ruby.

Then a day or two later I went to help some lowbie tarus. Again with my TH2 and spent 2-3 hours, and not a single ruby dropped. I did make a large amount of gil for the newbies though so in the end they were happy.
            Name: Allekia
            Server: Shiva
            BST 99 | DNC 99 | WHM 82 | THF 78 | RDM 61 | SMN 50 | SAM 50 | BLM 50 | NIN 50 | SCH 37 | DRG 37
            AF: BST, WHM, THF, RDM, SAM, DNC
            Empyrean: BST, DNC +1
            Bastok: Rank 10 San D'Oria: Rank 10 Windurst: Rank 6
            CoP: 7-2 RoZ: 16 ToAU: 15 - Black Coffin WotG: In Progress
            ACP: In Progress MKE: Complete ASA: In Progress
            Abyssea Bosses: 7/9

Comment

the other day I found a ls-mate with TH4 and we went to 'The Maze of Shakrami', I believe the specific area is where the 'Leech King' spawns. Anyway, there's a ton of leeches there and we got the drop in about 10 kills. Highly recommend that spot!

TH4 also highly recommended lol

BTW, this quest sucks. I can't find 'Fire' weather for the life of me. I know which zones it usually happens in, but it just sucks actually getting weather to change >.>

5/5 BST +2
              2/5 WAR +2
              Farsha(85)

Comment

Either sit your arse in Valk Dunes and be patient or head on over to Ifrit's Cauldron. You'll get it fast enough there.

Comment

1/60 for me
                  1/33 for a friend
                  and
                  1/1 for another friend

1/1 was went I was helping him unlock bst and i pulled a leech while waiting for the kraken and flipped out when we got drop. He didnt seem to be as happy as me b/c of him not knowing how rare the drop was.
                  Originally posted by Raydeus

Other than that the only thing I'd like to see is SE changing Homam so RDM can use it, but the chances of that happening are the same as those of me winning the Mog bonanza.

Comment

O.O

... um, would people kill me, if I got the ruby many many many times on the leach beeches in Buburima P with only TH1, and dropped the thing a zillion times until I realized I'd not get it anymore if I kept one. I even got the drop for high levels coming into the area who didn't want to ruin my blood farming but also didn't have a form of TH. They'd offer to help kill and I'd get the blood until they got the ruby. Think I did that 2-3 times and it dropped w/in 20-30 minutes each time. Maybe I was really lucky or something but I never had a hard time getting the ruby. Now, those damn B. Boots on the other hand took me 1/37+.
                    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

1/30-ish if I remember correctly, but it was a long time ago. Wasn't a lot of time spent there, that's for sure.
                      sigpic
                      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I somehow wound up in an alliance that was scouring buburimu's beeches as well as inside Shakrami, killing them about as quickly as they spawned. We were out killing all night.

Only two of us needed rubies.

Weather collecting is pretty easy if you have all of your teleports and a bored WHM. Just get a WHM to teleport you around until you get all of the weather. Teleporting counts as zoning in, and you can get all of the weather you need in the areas with crystals. For Ice, Xarcabard (obviously); Fire, teleporting back and forth between Yhoat and Altep. If you're really bored, you can even just make macros to teleport about, and read a book while you're doing it.

Comment

Also zoning into a Crag is one of the ways I got mine while roaming around La Thiene and not being very close to zone...
                          FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                          FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                          aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

When I was still playing while back and not just browsing the forums, it always took me about 1/20 leeches to find my ruby as a blm.
                            Who are the Masters of magic?
                            Why are the Taru Masters of magic?
                            -_-_-_-_-_-_-FATE-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Comment

Got my fire weather (heard from random ppl this is hardest to get)

Tip for those in need of it, sit between Easter Altepa and Western Altepa between 12-1 game-time, usuall happens once in about 2-3 game days

5/5 BST +2
                              2/5 WAR +2
                              Farsha(85)

Comment

Working...
                              X