• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carbuncle and Bomb Tosses - A solo guide

Just bumping to mention updated soloing spots for 50-55
    Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

at 55+ you can start heading to Uleguerand Range and hunt the Snolls there. I think, unless I was remembering a different level range, I've been there for several different instances.

They are level 60-63 and are great for building up chains. Just avoid the Taurus's.

I remember doing Akselloak there at level ~62 or 63 getting 15k exp in a few hours.
      Hacked on 9/9/09
      FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Rather than make a new topic, I'll post it here. I know 50+ it works, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any good spots in the lower levels where there was enough room for an effective kite of a Bomb/Goblin mob? After I finish off my THF and NIN sub for BLU I was hoping to level SMN in my free time and was wondering on its solo capabilities. Got good suggestions from the Campaign Ops thread but that only works once a week(to save up all 7 Ops), and that xp is currently going to NIN.
        Cleverness - Hades
        75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
        DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

Originally posted by Clever Ninja View Post
          Rather than make a new topic, I'll post it here. I know 50+ it works, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any good spots in the lower levels where there was enough room for an effective kite of a Bomb/Goblin mob?
          how low? If you're talking dunes levels(10-20), I doubt it. 20-24 probally the goblins in the dunes near VE spawn.

They are level 60-63 and are great for building up chains. Just avoid the Taurus's.

I remember doing Akselloak there at level ~62 or 63 getting 15k exp in a few hours.
          I'll give it a try and udate for that later this week.
          Last edited by Akashimo; 10-26-2008, 08:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

SMN is around 200xp from 22, so yea that level range.
            Cleverness - Hades
            75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
            DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

see wot i dont get is ppl always go for the tough, VT & IT Mobs. I myself found that from lv 25 i wud solo in the dunes till 30 as i got bored of worms in qufim. I went on to fight anything in the area that was either ep of dc to me and yeah sure the exp was anything from 30-60 a mob, butthe kills were much faster hence more exp within an hour. I have left smn alone atm at lv 33 as im after diabolos and fenrir, but i tend to go for eps and dcs to me as you can solo those mobs most of the time even if u run out of mp and get ambushed by a respwaning mob. Trust me, i am now in delkfutts tower and will prob move to bastilla at 34 to do more FoV.

This was tested by both myself and my other smn friend, started at the same time, spent as much time as the other soloing smn, and wen i reach 33 he was 21 doing toughs and higher only.

And yes my skills for smn are capped from fighting the dcs

Comment

bumping to say updated.
                Also, snolls, worst thing I've ever tried at 55. They, just, won't, die.

Comment

Originally posted by Akashimo View Post
                  bumping to say updated.
                  Also, snolls, worst thing I've ever tried at 55. They, just, won't, die.
                  Just keep it up, they're just annoying like that sometimes.
                  Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

Originally posted by Shirai View Post
                    Just keep it up, they're just annoying like that sometimes.
                    Would but blood aggro and tiger aggro, just isn't worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Akashimo View Post
                      Would but blood aggro and tiger aggro, just isn't worth it.
                      Let me suggest another camp then:

D/E - 8/9.
                      It's a tad further from the zone but you should have a relatively safe kite path there.
                      But only 2 snolls spawn there.

But speaking from my own experience, until level 59~60 Ifrit's Cauldron might be a better idea.

Also, when I started soloing I spent a lot of time eating dirt as well.
                      After a while you will get the hang of it, you just have to find your own way to do it.

In the words of many famous movie actors:
                      I can only show you the door, it is you who has to enter it.
                      Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

@ 34 SMN ive been doing Yuhtunga Jungle OP and have only been getting about 70-100 per kill, and fights take about 5-10 min am i doing something wrong or is there a better camp @ 34 where i can get better xp??

Comment

Working...
                        X