Avatar and Spirtis FAQ v. 1.2 Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Avatar and Spirtis FAQ v. 1.2

Spirits are the weakest thing in the game u betteer have a lvl 75 if u wann be strong
    30mnk 20whm 15thf 13war 9blm 5brd 23drg i teh nub

Comment

Re: Avatar and Spirtis FAQ v. 1.2 Comments

Huh? Light Spirit is anything but weak--the other spirits are rather unimpressive and expensive, but since your "comment" is rather flimsy and badly stated I'll have to ask for an elaboration before I could possibly say anything about it.

Comment

All of the spirits are good. Dark spirit, however, is often overlooked. The big advantage light spirits have over avatars is speed. At lvl 45, with your smn magic capped, your spirits will cast ever 30 seconds. So that's 2 spells in 1 minute. At lvl, 55, with smn magic capped, your spirits will cast ever 20 seconds. So that's 3 spells in 1 minute. With your smn capped, calculate (75 - Summoner level) and that'll be how many seconds your spirits should be casting. Another formula is (75 - Smn magic lvl/3). This formula changes at lvl 50 though.

The disadvantage of spirits is the mp cost. At lvl 75, it'll be 18 mp per tick. You should have a large mana pool by then anyway.

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Comment

I've only really seen Light Spirit in action (someone else's). The others I haven't tried. Since I'm only SMN30, I really haven't done a lot with them in PT because of their mp cost.

Comment

By the time you're 75 if your skill is beyond the cap, spirits will make your avatars look very limiting and weak at times. It definately makes avatar magic more than laughable. At 75 with the gear i have, they are often more efficient than avatars. I also have 5 merits in spirit perpetuation and that brings the cost of my spirits to 8mp/tick with hq staves. On the correct day its 5mp/tick and 2mp/tick if the weather and day are the same as the avatar. There are many times where i actually find myself gaining mp back while i have the spirit out which is basically free magic and damage.

When i started playing summoner spirits were the only things used by summoners. At some point players decided that they wanted to be the only mage job that didn't have to level thier skills. For this reason avatars became more common than spirits because avatars take very little smn skill and knowledge to use.

Comment

Re: Avatar and Spirtis FAQ v. 1.2

Thank you!

Sorry didn't see second post.
              My bad! Plz move this when you get time plz Icemage

ty
              Last edited by Galaxia; 09-10-2007, 01:48 PM. Reason: Mistake

Character: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?86132
              Fenrir Won: 11/08/2006
              Diablos Won: 07/03/2007

Comment

Working...