Temple of Ugglepih coffer key (rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temple of Ugglepih coffer key (rant)

What the hell is up with the drop rate on the Coffer Key in Temple of Ugglepih? I was down there for over three hours fighting mobs that liked to bring me down to red HP (bees and tonberries) and still no drop...I've seen bad drop rates...but this is by far the worst I've seen for keys (and this is my fourth set of AF).

Anyway...
    /rant

PS. Having to log w/out the key...
    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Re: Temple of Ugglepih coffer key (rant)

Grab a few people to go farm Unlit Lanterns needed for Den of Rancorr gates. 2-3 keys should drop before 1 Lantern does. :p And if you think getting the key is bad, poping the coffer is just as much fun (unless you get really lucky and it pops in the Secret Room)
    sigpic
    Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Yeah, Gobo has a good idea. When doing ZM4, my group needed one more unlit lantern, so we farmed for it and saw 2 keys drop before the lantern. Luckily, I had already finished my AF and was a 67smn, but it got me a map. (One of my goals in game is to have every single map before I quit. Ya, I'm wierd.)
      I crush up my pills and snort them like dust. They are my sugar. They are the sweetness in the days that have none. They drip through me like tupelo honey. Then they are gone. Then I need more. I always need more.

Sig thanks to Aksannyi of Dreams In Vana'diel

Comment

Originally posted by Xylaa
        (One of my goals in game is to have every single map before I quit. Ya, I'm wierd.)
        Not so weird. I enjoy having maps too, even though I still rely on FFXI-Atlas more often than not.

Comment

Originally posted by Gobo
          Grab a few people to go farm Unlit Lanterns needed for Den of Rancorr gates. 2-3 keys should drop before 1 Lantern does. :p And if you think getting the key is bad, poping the coffer is just as much fun (unless you get really lucky and it pops in the Secret Room)
          While normally I'd say that's a good idea, I saw 3 unlit lanterns drop and no key. I was soloing and am completely done w/ Zilart so they were of no use to me.
          Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

I remember there's another spot where you fight Sahagins for coffer keys. I don't remember where, but you might ask around and see if someone will go farm those guys instead (they're much easier than those thrice-bedamned tonberries who get progressively more difficult each time you kill one due to Everyone's Grudge).

Icemage

Comment

I got my key while farming for my RDM Test I think. Or maybe it was for the item needed for a Windy mission. Either way my problem has been finding the damn coffer! I've gone several times to get the map and just can't find the Coffer anywhere. I know a SMN75 in my LS who doesn't have his AF Body(??) because he can't find the coffer. I'm really not looking forward to walking through there as SAM/RDM trying to get my piece! WAR/RDM in Castle Bailey was bad enough.
              Odude
              PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
              RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
              SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

I can't think of any place in the temple with sahagin, neither can somepage. I got my coffer key with somebody camping the thief knife NM. I helped them out, they let me grab a key when it dropped, and I could go on my way.

Actually opening the coffer was much harder for me. Between random thieves popping all the coffers not behind a locked door and me being unable to check all but one coffer spot without getting aggroed and dying... It took me a couple days of trying to find the coffer to actually get it.
                Generic Info!

Comment

Originally posted by Tirrock
                  I can't think of any place in the temple with sahagin, neither can somepage. I got my coffer key with somebody camping the thief knife NM. I helped them out, they let me grab a key when it dropped, and I could go on my way.

Actually opening the coffer was much harder for me. Between random thieves popping all the coffers not behind a locked door and me being unable to check all but one coffer spot without getting aggroed and dying... It took me a couple days of trying to find the coffer to actually get it.
                  Might have been chest keys. I don't remember anymore, been a long time since I set foot in Uggalepih for any reason. I do remember that finding the coffer was much more annoying than getting the key, though.

Icemage

Comment

I think it's just a random string of bad luck. I was farming one room for Tonberry Stabbers for White Steel for about 2 hours today and got no less than 10 coffer keys and 1 Prelate Key.... Sucks, the complete randomness of things in this game ><

Comment

Originally posted by Gobo
                      lol yeah, I remember two weeks of frustration on my AF since my coffer popped behind the Prelate door. Getting it was a big pain.

Vonia Summoner, Bismark Server
                      Summoner Guide / Art Stuff

Comment

Mine was in the "secret room" (its a room behind a no-named targetable wall). There was a SAM sitting right next to it, not looking at it, not moving. I poped it got my doublet and was about to leave, when the SAM sent a tell asking me not to open the coffer if it pops there. Talk about being AFK at the wrong time :p. I then left the room, "got aggro" and warped out.

My key came from Lantern Farming, hense why i suggested it. Also try to get a few friends, since the more people there are, the higher chance the item will drop (its something like each person in PT/Alliance=a R.N.G. roll for items droping. TH just adds an extra "person", i think. could be totally wrong)
                        sigpic
                        Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

I'd recommend pulling Magic Pots to the extent possible and trying to get the key off those guys. If you can land silence, they're incredibly easy. I noticed from your signature that you're a 75 RDM, and you should therefore have no difficulty whatsoever in landing silence. If you're still not confident, you might want to consider RDM/DRK instead of RDM/NIN so you can stun if needed.

About 8 months ago, I decided I was tired of not having the map of Uggalepih, so I soloed a coffer key. I pulled mostly pots, but when I ran out, I'd pull a couple tonberries/bees. I think the key did actually drop off of a pot in the end. Of course I had a squirrel to take all my hate for me, but the pots were STILL far easier than the tonberries and bees.

And yes.. I remember vividly having to open that stupid chest on a lvl 50-something SMN. Although I HAD a 75 job already at the time, since you have to open the coffers on whatever your main job is for AF, I had to talk a friend into running around opening doors with me. That was fun.
                          召75|吟75|黒75|赤75|戦72|白60|獣40|忍37| 暗37|シ37|ナ32|侍30|モ30|竜21|青14||か8| 狩7|コ7
                          San D'oria: Rank 10 | Windurst: Rank 10 | Bastok: Rank 10 | Cooking: 97 | Zilart - Completed | CoP - Completed

Comment

I got my Uggalepih Coffer Key during a Carbuncle Mitts run. What started out as just a pair for me turned into a pair for eight other people as well. You get a lot of goodies when you clear out that room ten times.

I'm also a fan of having maps, and I've been tempted to dust off the key to take it to a run (SMN is only 47) but knowing everything I do about the Temple of Uggalepih, I imagine getting a second would be a headache.

Comment

After an hour more of farming, I still didn't get it. But, someone gave one to me after I said that is what I was there for and they just happened to have one in thier inventory for whatever reason. Now I gotta go coffer farming...damn doors. And, btw, those pots were easy and I killed them sometimes, but still no drop.

BTW, I went RDM/WAR the whole time.

Retired.

Comment

Working...
                              X