This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Diablos Is Here

I had just gotten fenrir myself too. I wonder have far I'm going to have to be in the PM's to get him.

Comment

......Not at all I hope ><. (Im Pm2-5 darn it)
      http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

I am gonna assume you have to have beaten his capped version before you can get to his Normal version. The quest giver is Kerutoto in the Rhinostery. Based off the dialog, its coming from a sleeping taru in Windy waters, and thats the only one I can think of
        sigpic
        Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Camisado: Deals physical damage.
          Somnolence: Weighs target down.
          Nightmare: Deals darkness elemental damage that puts all enemies within the area of effect to sleep and gradually reduces their HP.
          Ultimate Terror: Decreases attributes of enemies within area of effect.
          Noctoshield: Gives party members within area of effect the effect of "Phalanx."
          Dream Shroud: Enhances magic attack and magic defense of party members within area of effect.
          Nether Blast: Delivers a ranged attack that deals darkness elemental damage.
          Ruinous Omen (Astral Flow): Required MP: Caster's level x2. Uses all MP and reduces the HP of enemies within area of effect by a random percentage.

party members phalanx meaning awesome and now people do not have to rely on RDM's for Phalanx
          Dream Shroud again now instead of being a BLM/RDM for more damaging nukes, you can become a BLM/SMN with better nukes. NICE!

Comment

So now for SMNs we can get out of the various abilities:

Blinkga
            Stoneskinga
            Phalanxga
            Hastega
            +All Stats

Anything else that SMN has party wide that is just crazy bonuses? Know there is quite a few but not just coming right off the top of my head.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Where do you think we'll fight Diabolos, and what part of CoP must you have completed before you can fight him?

If he's an uncapped battle like all the other Avatars, I would think we'd find him behind an Avatar Gate in Pso'xja. You'll probably need a Pso'xja pass to fight him though, so you'd have to be on/after Darkness Named. That's not too bad, Riverne A01 will be the biggest obstacle, but I don't see Diabolos being too rare. Summoners are rare as it is, so we wont see Diabolos being summoned all over the place anyways.

Also, will we see the same abilities, tactics, and falling tiles in the fight to obtain the Avatar as in his mission fight? Will he offer other items like weapons(possibly a polearm >_>) and rings or belts?

A big F U to all the people who thought SE made one avatar per element.

Comment

Originally posted by fireyhope
                Camisado: Deals physical damage.
                Somnolence: Weighs target down.
                Nightmare: Deals darkness elemental damage that puts all enemies within the area of effect to sleep and gradually reduces their HP.
                Ultimate Terror: Decreases attributes of enemies within area of effect.
                Noctoshield: Gives party members within area of effect the effect of "Phalanx."
                Dream Shroud: Enhances magic attack and magic defense of party members within area of effect.
                Nether Blast: Delivers a ranged attack that deals darkness elemental damage.
                Ruinous Omen (Astral Flow): Required MP: Caster's level x2. Uses all MP and reduces the HP of enemies within area of effect by a random percentage.

party members phalanx meaning awesome and now people do not have to rely on RDM's for Phalanx
                Dream Shroud again now instead of being a BLM/RDM for more damaging nukes, you can become a BLM/SMN with better nukes. NICE!
                I'm going to go out ona limb on this and make a generalized assumption.

Red Mages can't cast Phalanx on anyone. Most of those abilities will be level capped. You probably won't be able to do Noctoshield, Dream Shroud, neither Blast or Ruinous Omen at sub or low level, those abilities are POST 37.

Dream Shroud is perfect for Manaburn parties. Nightmare for BCNM, Neither Blast is a type of elemental Burst magic attack, (since Fenrir did not receive one).

Assume normal placement of level capped stuff.

Camisado: level 1
                Somnolence: level 10-15
                Nightmare: 20-30
                Ultimate Terror: 30-37
                Noctoshield: 38-45
                Dream Shroud: 51-54
                Nether Blast: 60-70
                Ruinous Omen (Astral Flow): MAIN JOB

I'm fairly sure they wouldn't release Noctoshield for below 37, I could be wrong as Phanlax is lower in level than that, but like Titan uses Earthen Ward, not everyone is able to get that till level 40+ (forgot what level exactly). This seems more logical and not that threatening to other people. Would be good to have it at level 38-40 for those capped CoP missions and areas that require level 40.

Originally posted by Impaction
                A big F U to all the people who thought SE made one avatar per element.
                Would that also mean we would get Phoenix (fire), Bahamat (non-elemental?), Ragnarok (non-elemental?), Odin (non-elemental?), Alexander (light) etc? Or perhaps, Alexander only since Fenrir & Diablos make up Dark, Carbuncle & Alexander would make up light. This would make the most sense.
                Last edited by Omniblast; 12-12-2005, 01:20 PM. Reason: Impaction comment
                Hacked on 9/9/09
                FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Hmm.. How long would it take before info comes out? And where would it appear first? Pol/this forum/alla.. {hmm.}

Comment

So if it puts them asleep, and then does DoT, what's the point of the Sleep? Or will they actually stay asleep AND do DoT?

So is this coming in today's update? Or the new expansion pack? Or what? When do we get these quests and new toys to play with?

I still need to do Ifrit, and Ramuh, and then do them all over. (Already have Water Whisper though.) Now I have ANOTHER Avatar I have to get before I can level SMN. lol
                    Odude
                    PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                    RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                    SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

never been smn before...i planned on getting it to sub for blm, but everyone said that it was a horrible sub for blm so i kinda didnt want it anymore...but now since diablos is there i want it again

Comment

00000766 ws_qs_e Waking Dreams 10 Client: Kerutoto (Rhinostery, Windurst Waters) Summary: Diabolos has informed Kerutoto that he is waiting for you at the Shrouded Maw in Pso'Xja, buried deep in the northern lands. You must respond to his summons so that Kerutoto can meditate free of trouble.

=D
                        "If love be rough with you, be rough with love."

FFXI Name: Mercutio | Server: Midgardsormr | LS:Valor | RNK10 | Jobs: 75WHM-75SMN-75DRG-75BST-64RNG

Comment

@ thd: hes coming in this update.

Comment

Originally posted by tdh
                            So if it puts them asleep, and then does DoT, what's the point of the Sleep? Or will they actually stay asleep AND do DoT?
                            Nightmare is the ability that usually ruins the mission fight. The DoT affect does not wake you up, and it lasts for a very long time. While you're asleep he usually takes out each member one by one.

and

00000766 ws_qs_e Waking Dreams 10 Client: Kerutoto (Rhinostery, Windurst Waters) Summary: Diabolos has informed Kerutoto that he is waiting for you at the Shrouded Maw in Pso'Xja, buried deep in the northern lands. You must respond to his summons so that Kerutoto can meditate free of trouble.

=D
                            Sweet, I was on the mark! I hope the Shrouded Maw isn't only accessible by the 40 cap area.

Comment

Originally posted by tdh

So is this coming in today's update? Or the new expansion pack? Or what? When do we get these quests and new toys to play with?
                              This puts your enemies to sleep and deals damage over time. It's one of the reasons most people take a DRK with them to fight Diabolos...cause getting hit by Nightmare really screws you over.

Edit: New quests in this update
                              All spells obtained!
                              Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

Hey does this mean we need to do a couple PMs to get access to The Shrouded Maw?

Comment

Working...
                                X