Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people so mad at the level 20 Avatar Quests?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are people so mad at the level 20 Avatar Quests?

It's not like it's an easy battle anyway, Since they implemented this.

There have been "leechers" before this "feature" was added.

I dont have the gil to get my BLM to 60+ ATM, but I've always wanted to Play SMN, because I love the job, no matter what anyone say about it behinds it's back >.>.
    (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
    sigpic

This is good IMO, people won't just have high level friends do the battles for them, they have to prove their worthyness, just like G5.
    Xccoortri: 63Brd - RETIRED
    Wiggin: 20Thf/10War - Current

BCNM Completed 35 times. Best time: 14:53

Comment

Most that are mad, are mad because they want to be special, and feel threatened.

Not Although I've seen a fair few who obviously feel that way.

It's like this: I bought my fancy graphics card in november for £323 (Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB). I check back after christmas and it's £200. Why couldn't they sell it to ME at £200?! I could have paid 200 but I had to pay 300. Annoying perhaps but I can deal with it.

Same sort of thing, a mild feeling of injustice. Mild for me anyway.

There's also this misconception that lvl20 fight = easy. NO! Solo battle vs. an avatar with only carby by your side. I can't wait :D

Comment

Yeah, people like to summon an avatar and have people around go "wow, he must have a high level char to get that oooh wow this guy is great and special" but now this is threatened...I felt a little frustrated when I see a ton of bards around, or a ton of my LS mates convert to bard, but only for a second, it doesn't really bother me, the more the merrier.
        Xccoortri: 63Brd - RETIRED
        Wiggin: 20Thf/10War - Current

BCNM Completed 35 times. Best time: 14:53

Comment

People are mad because a portion of the end game just died because of cry baby summoners that can't hack it. So now its worthless to people who like doing stuff like that. What does it give? Bragging rights? The feeling that you've conquered something difficult, important, or cool? Well all thats pretty much gone now sadly.
          Member of the Tearsreborn linkshell on siren.

www.tearsreborn.com

Comment

/shocked
            /smile

I was expecting to be flamed.
            /bow

I'm still gonna quote what i said at Gamefaqs for all the nay-sayers

[QUOTE].....thank you ChronoMOT
            You understand the point I'm trying to make, these battles seem even harder than the higher level Avatar quest because You have to do it yourself!. You still have to have maxed out fame for wherever, and you have NO Level 60+ to lean on as a crutch. Now tell me this is'nt supposedly genius on Squares part. It allows YOU to work for your avatars instead of bothering other people.[/
            QUOTE]
            (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
            sigpic

Comment

People are mad because a portion of the end game just died because of cry baby summoners that can't hack it. So now its worthless to people who like doing stuff like that. What does it give? Bragging rights? The feeling that you've conquered something difficult, important, or cool? Well all thats pretty much gone now sadly.
              Having done all the fights both ways - I would have to say, the lower fights are MUCH more difficult, and require much more skill on the summoner's part. So, I guess the lvl 20 summoners have something more to brag about than the lvl 60+.

Another good thing - you can warp to the crystals now, no more paintbrush needed for any of the leviathan fights, or to get to the Den of Rancor whee =)
              Legacy of Cid Forums

Comment

They shoulda had it this way to begin with. Kinda like cheating those people who had to reach 60+ to get the avatars. Of course from what I've heard these fights are tougher - can't just get 5 lvl 75s to do it for you - it's 1 on 1 with only carby at your side. Seeing how many noobs there are at higher levels even, its nice that they have to actually beat the summons THEMSELVES. It also makes this job available to those people with limited time, but who are still good players...
                Mikeb Hume - 48 BST / 23 WHM / 29 WAR / 37 MNK

Comment

i guess i have to go lvl summoner. I was trying to my drk to the 60's so i could do the fights, already have all the tuning forks, before i lvled summoner. This should be lots of fun. I assume like in other lvl cap fights, if someone casts protect4 on you before entering, it become protect1 because of the lvl 20 cap?
                  Drk 70/ Rdm 30 / Sam 30 / Thf 34 / War 32 / Ninja 20 / Summoner 20
                  --------------------------------
                  Bastok 7-2
                  Sky Access
                  Lufaise Meadows Access

Comment

Why are people upset? Because it feels like people who had no chance of getting abilities they shouldn't have be able to use been given a window of opportunity with major parts of the avatar obtaining gimped.

No experience loss on death in the BC. No risk for even losing experience? Come on. And at the level needed to actually fight them with 3000ish experience loss+ and possibly having losses here and there, wipeouts, relying on teamwork, etc..then see some level 20buy a few potions and gimp the avatars is pathetic.

They don't even have to travel to the actual protocrystal. For some avatars, half the difficulty is doing just this, yet the newbies get instantly teleported to the battles without having to trek to the avatars.

It's sad though..the newbies will self-defeat themselves with all their bickering. Summoner will be added to the Dragoon/Dark Knight pool of characters now and then they'll start whining they're not powerful enough due to overflow of characters as this job/lack of parties/etc. I'm glad I hit 70 as SMN before this change came in...

oh, and fyi: I haven't done all the new quests, but I did do the Leviathan and Garuda BCs and they were not difficult.

Comment

I have all the avatars except Fenrir. I also have all of the whispers. Can I do Fenrir as lvl20smn if I have all the whispers?

I have yet to dl and try it yet.

Comment

If you can no longer get 10k for redoing the summon battle I'm pretty sure THAT'S why they are so pissed off.

36 War/15 Mnk/22 Thf/62 Pld/Bst 75/Nin 33/Whm 36/Blm 19/Cor 7
                        Full Af X2 • Rank 8 • Alchemy 65

Comment

Nope, Fenrir still requires you to do the higher level avatar battles and get the 6 whispers. No level 20 battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoronas
                            If you can no longer get 10k for redoing the summon battle I'm pretty sure THAT'S why they are so pissed off.
                            They didnt take the high end summon battles out.. so you can STILL get 10k for redoing it.. Maybe those people should learn more about the situation before getting upset.
                            I Try Hard Not To Break...

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanfish
                              then see some level 20buy a few potions and gimp the avatars is pathetic.

oh, and fyi: I haven't done all the new quests, but I did do the Leviathan and Garuda BCs and they were not difficult.
                              Did it occur to you that you might have more SKILL than the flood of SMN wannabe newbies? The medicines needed for the fight are not exactly cheap either, especially for a level 20 character (well 30 since they need to unlock SMN first). They have to spend time to farm too in order to even afford the fight. They will most likely die the first time if they really only have 30 levels of one job and 20 levels in SMN. So they will need even MORE medicines. And then you need medicines for EACH fight. More farming time for the lowbie.

This is IMO the most genious way for Square to answer the complaint about SMN as a job that can't progress by itself. Now that we might have a little more SMN, parties might actually learn to work the SMN and utilize their strength. Most parties I go to they don't even know what a SMN can do.

It's a good thing. It's not like we will see a complete flood of low skilled SMN. These low level quests practically test the SMN to make sure they are at least decent in combat. The old way can create completely crappy SMN (who might excel in other jobs).

Existing avatar owners no need to feel gipped, up and coming SMN don't have to wait till level 60. We all get few more SMN to go around teaching parties how to work with them. How many of you have been frustrated by no party invites because parties don't know what you can do. This is win-win!

Comment

Working...
                              X