Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCH Unmentioned

Originally posted by Saphiera
    You have any ideas of what they might add?
    Truthfully I bet that we will get Storm II spells. I.e. Aurorastorm II
    I think it is highly plausible since double weather is nice, but nothing uberific so SE will probably add them.

I can see them adding two Job Traits and SE taking the easy way out, but I wouldn't mind. Something to the effect of Dark Wisdom or Holy Wisdom that further enhances Dark or Light Arts respectively.

Finally, I bet they will add Magic Accuracy and Weather Enhancement Potency Up as well as I'm sure Helix potency and possibly a few new unique SCH only spells such as Pax or if we are incredibly lucky Regain.

As a side note I wouldn't be surprised if they added spells like Regen III and the original AM spells as spells SCH could merit to use under Addendums or the ability to make an Addendum spell a normally accessible spell without Addendum usage.
    Life is all about decisions. It is the decisions you make in life that shape you.
    sigpic

Comment

As far as SCH going unrealized =) I agree with you there, but I only wish you realized the job before the update >.> it seems T-T i was the only "before update" fan lol I just wanted to be different and fell in the love with the job.. then I come back to the game 3 months later and realize almost everyone jumped on the bandwagon >_< people tell me "Welcome to how SAM felt" lol

Now as far as gear go's yes we dont have very many options but I'd have to say our AF is a lot better than most out there. We get a +15 on all magic catagory's (I.e. Elemental, Healing etc.) just from wearing 2 of the pieces. A hat that gives us almost the same effect as Refresh. Now I know we dont have very much gear but honestly what els is better?
      There is only a bandwagon right now, just like there was a bandwagon for Corsair for a very brief period of time, then ran away either because it was too rich for thier tastes or they feared they had to sub WHM to get invits (which totally is not true).

Make no mistake - this is a mage job that does not hit stuff, most people will still not play it. Just like its hard to find a WHM or RDM, in time, it will be hard to find a SCH. SCH is unquestionably the best defensive AoE buffer of the game, a superb crowd controller and an excellent healer and nuker.

The catch?

They can't be all of these things at once.

They can juggle the buffing with healing. They can juggle nukes with crowd control. However the other combos don't work so well.

You were not the only one that enjoyed the job before the update, either. I loved the job, I wasn't terribly critical of it - I just knew it was a little incomplete. I waited at 50 for AF the same reason I waited for COR AF at 50 - I knew the AF would probably have a deep impact on endgame gear choices or at least before 72. Seems SCH's AF is even more long-term than much of the RoZ/ToA AFs.

As for merits, I'm praying Group 1 is not something stupid like specifically meriting the effect of certain elemental Helix spells.

If we merit the potency of anything, let it be Ebulliance, Rapture and do a general potency merit category for Helices.

Merits for saving more MP off Penury/Parsimony wouldn't be bad, but probably isn't needed.

I'd also like to see merits that increase the range of Accession and Manifestation's effect radius. When people spread out or won't sit still - as with COR and BRD - its hard to get buffs on people. Widening the effect of Manifestation would improve SCH as a CC-er, but also adds an extra layer of risk to it.
      Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 05-01-2008, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
        As for merits, I'm praying Group 1 is not something stupid like specifically meriting the effect of certain elemental Helix spells.

If we merit the potency of anything, let it be Ebulliance, Rapture and do a general potency merit category for Helices.

Merits for saving more MP off Penury/Parsimony wouldn't be bad, but probably isn't needed.

I'd also like to see merits that increase the range of Accession and Manifestation's effect radius. When people spread out or won't sit still - as with COR and BRD - its hard to get buffs on people. Widening the effect of Manifestation would improve SCH as a CC-er, but also adds an extra layer of risk to it.
        I have two guesses as to the shape that SCH group 1 merits will take:

1) Light Arts discount, Light Arts speed, Dark Arts discount, Dark Arts speed, and Modas Veritas recast.
        2) Element-specific improvements, like BLM and RDM. Either:
        2a) Elemental discount for the wheel regardless of Art, or
        2b) Overall Arts effectiveness for the wheel (so even faster and cheaper Stone IV under Dark Arts and Stoneskin under Light Arts if you took it for earth).

Just a guess. -- Pteryx

Comment

Working...
        X