SCH Unmentioned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCH Unmentioned

There are a few things that people have either refused to talk about or just simply didn't know. SCH brings to the table a few things that some people may not fully grasp nor understand. A good example are the benefits of SCH at high levels. Every spell has a magic element that based on the weather could become more potent and more accurate.

Cure spells have a chance of getting a 10% boost in potency during lightday/lightweather. A SCH can give WHM's that chance when it was unavailable before with weather spells. Another thing I have yet to see in any of the posts is that Klimaform can be AoE to the entire pt. This allows for a BLM, RDM, BLU, BRD, WHM, or DRK to suddenly gain the accuracy benefits of the weather, guaranteed. In HL events that could alleviate the problem of BLM getting resisted so much. Just throw on the weather and add Klimaform. If they have an obi then that just adds to the accuracy and potency.

I have not made it to the Tier 4 spells as of yet on my SCH, but I have noticed that on Tier III I can outdmg any BLM I have come across thus far with Ebullience and the weather effect of the spell I am casting. Before anything is brought up let me inform you that I have tested this numerous times and did give the BLM the same weather effect and Klimaform. Ebullience adds a decent boost to the dmg and if all goes well and it is unresisted that dmg is increased enough to outdmg the 65 and below BLM's spells even if only by 50-75.

The next thing that may come to mind is that it entails using a Stratagem. Take into consideration that at level 70 a SCH gets 4 charges with a 1 minute recast. By the time the SCH is on the 3rd spell with this a new charge will have most definitely been restored leaving the SCH with 2 charges. This means that even going as fast paced as you can a SCH can do this 5 times in a row before having to wait roughly 30seconds to do it again. This is an extreme scenario considering that if a SCH has time to use 5 charges in a battle the battle has been going on abit long in the first place.

I by no means intend to say that SCH will outdmg BLM even at 75, but I bring this point up so that it is clear that a SCH can outdmg every job with elemental magic skill but BLM and that the difference in dmg is not so great that SCH Nuking would not have it's uses.

Something else that others tend to unappreciate or belittle is that SCH has an advantage with casting spells in general. They get a cast time reduction without stratagem use right off the bat and at high levels that means 3-4 seconds less cast time, on certain spells, if not longer. This is not counting the fact that with a Loquacious Earring and Rostrum Pumps /RDM could possibly make SCH as fast a caster as RDM. Now obviously a Fast Cast geared RDM would surpass a SCH undoubtedly, but not by any enormous amount.

This basically means that a SCH can tackle both a healthy dmg add-on to a pt via Tier III and IV spells and can take on a significant healing role as well. All this while casting faster than both a BLM and a WHM could.

To mention some healing advantages, the fact that Stoneskin, Blink, and Regen II can all be given to the entire pt means it is not unfair to say that SCH could potentially defeat the "Not having enough mp" arguement that people so galiantly throw out. Only during rare and intenses situations have I found myself running out of mp on SCH and even then a preserved Sublimation has rescued me from the depths of low mp numerous times.

I realize I have rambled on, but I wanted to make some points I have yet to see be brought up. I'm sure from the responses I get I will have a few more things to go into more detailed descriptions of, but I say bring on the questions and opinions.
    Last edited by Temagori; 04-30-2008, 11:05 AM. Reason: Enter Key ^^; (Sorry)
    Life is all about decisions. It is the decisions you make in life that shape you.
    sigpic

Re: SCH Unmentioned

Comment

Hehe, welcome Temagori. First of all, why don't you introduce yourself to our community first:
      New User Introduction / Access Problem? / How to... - Final Fantasy XI :: Dreams in Vana'diel :: Community

And also, I don't wish to "attack" you on your method of posting, but I do kind of agree with Murphie that it would make people more interested in reading your post if you use the Enter Key more often.

I took the liberty of E(nter)ditting your post :

Temagori:
      There are a few things that people have either refused to talk about or just simply didn't know. SCH brings to the table a few things that some people may not fully grasp nor understand. A good example are the benefits of SCH at high levels. Every spell has a magic element that based on the weather could become more potent and more accurate.

Cure spells have a chance of getting a 10% boost in potency during lightday/lightweather. A SCH can give WHM's that chance when it was unavailable before with weather spells. Another thing I have yet to see in any of the posts is that Klimaform can be AoE to the entire pt. This allows for a BLM, RDM, BLU, BRD, WHM, or DRK to suddenly gain the accuracy benefits of the weather, guaranteed. In HL events that could alleviate the problem of BLM getting resisted so much. Just throw on the weather and add Klimaform. If they have an obi then that just adds to the accuracy and potency.

I have not made it to the Tier 4 spells as of yet on my SCH, but I have noticed that on Tier III I can outdmg any BLM I have come across thus far with Ebullience and the weather effect of the spell I am casting. Before anything is brought up let me inform you that I have tested this numerous times and did give the BLM the same weather effect and Klimaform. Ebullience adds a decent boost to the dmg and if all goes well and it is unresisted that dmg is increased enough to outdmg the 65 and below BLM's spells even if only by 50-75.

The next thing that may come to mind is that it entails using a Stratagem. Take into consideration that at level 70 a SCH gets 4 charges with a 1 minute recast. By the time the SCH is on the 3rd spell with this a new charge will have most definitely been restored leaving the SCH with 2 charges. This means that even going as fast paced as you can a SCH can do this 5 times in a row before having to wait roughly 30seconds to do it again. This is an extreme scenario considering that if a SCH has time to use 5 charges in a battle the battle has been going on abit long in the first place.

I by no means intend to say that SCH will outdmg BLM even at 75, but I bring this point up so that it is clear that a SCH can outdmg every job with elemental magic skill but BLM and that the difference in dmg is not so great that SCH Nuking would not have it's uses.

Something else that others tend to unappreciate or belittle is that SCH has an advantage with casting spells in general. They get a cast time reduction without stratagem use right off the bat and at high levels that means 3-4 seconds less cast time, on certain spells, if not longer. This is not counting the fact that with a Loquacious Earring and Rostrum Pumps /RDM could possibly make SCH as fast a caster as RDM. Now obviously a Fast Cast geared RDM would surpass a SCH undoubtedly, but not by any enormous amount.

This basically means that a SCH can tackle both a healthy dmg add-on to a pt via Tier III and IV spells and can take on a significant healing role as well. All this while casting faster than both a BLM and a WHM could.

To mention some healing advantages, the fact that Stoneskin, Blink, and Regen II can all be given to the entire pt means it is not unfair to say that SCH could potentially defeat the "Not having enough mp" arguement that people so galiantly throw out. Only during rare and intenses situations have I found myself running out of mp on SCH and even then a preserved Sublimation has rescued me from the depths of low mp numerous times.

I realize I have rambled on, but I wanted to make some points I have yet to see be brought up. I'm sure from the responses I get I will have a few more things to go into more detailed descriptions of, but I say bring on the questions and opinions.
      http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

Brain... hurts... wall of text... great pain.

Let's try this again, copy and paste this to your OP:

There are a few things that people have either refused to talk about or just simply didn't know. SCH brings to the table a few things that some people may not fully grasp nor understand.

A good example are the benefits of SCH at high levels. Every spell has a magic element that based on the weather could become more potent and more accurate. Cure spells have a chance of getting a 10% boost in potency during lightday/lightweather. A SCH can give WHM's that chance when it was unavailable before with weather spells.

Another thing I have yet to see in any of the posts is that Klimaform can be AoE to the entire pt. This allows for a BLM, RDM, BLU, BRD, WHM, or DRK to suddenly gain the accuracy benefits of the weather, guaranteed. In HL events that could alleviate the problem of BLM getting resisted so much. Just throw on the weather and add Klimaform. If they have an obi then that just adds to the accuracy and potency.

I by no means intend to say that SCH will outdmg BLM even at 75, but I bring this point up so that it is clear that a SCH can outdmg every job with elemental magic skill but BLM and that the difference in dmg is not so great that SCH Nuking would not have it's uses. Something else that others tend to unappreciate or belittle is that SCH has an advantage with casting spells in general. They get a cast time reduction without stratagem use right off the bat and at high levels that means 3-4 seconds less cast time, on certain spells, if not longer.

This is not counting the fact that with a Loquacious Earring and Rostrum Pumps /RDM could possibly make SCH as fast a caster as RDM. Now obviously a Fast Cast geared RDM would surpass a SCH undoubtedly, but not by any enormous amount. This basically means that a SCH can tackle both a healthy dmg add-on to a pt via Tier III and IV spells and can take on a significant healing role as well. All this while casting faster than both a BLM and a WHM could. To mention some healing advantages, the fact that Stoneskin, Blink, and Regen II can all be given to the entire pt means it is not unfair to say that SCH could potentially defeat the "Not having enough mp" arguement that people so galiantly throw out.

Only during rare and intenses situations have I found myself running out of mp on SCH and even then a preserved Sublimation has rescued me from the depths of low mp numerous times.

Now that the ideas have been separated into paragraph form, we can discuss.

By the way, Klimaform would also affect the magic accuracy of Job Abilities such as Chi Blast and Quick Draw, which are magical in nature. They would also affect the potency of QDs.

EDIT: Damn, Kittyneko beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittyneko View Post
          Enterditting
          I find this word offensive and humorous.

http://www.ifthatisyourrealname.com/...06/04/lurr.jpg
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
            I find this word offensive and humorous.

http://www.ifthatisyourrealname.com/...06/04/lurr.jpg
            What's that? x.x

Comment

Getting back to the OP...

He seems to fall under the view that SCH's more unique buffs are underutilized. I don't disagree entirely, but let's look at the facts.

A boost to healing potency through Aurorastorm is certainly nice, particulary if you're not not being looked at to play a primary healer and WHMs are, but when you're a SCH and a healer, your time is probably better spent focusing on defensive buffs through Accession such as Phalanx, Blink and Stoneskin. Those along with the ability to rotate in Regen II, make life as a main healer almost absurdly easy. After you've cast things like that, you're not really going to get much out of the boost from Aurorastorm and if you really need a boost, there's Rapture.

Rapture is really handy, too. The fact that it can bring a Cure II just a little under 30 points away from a Cure III and makes Cure III all the more better is staggering. I still haven't made the time to macro Cure IV because its practically unneeded, not to mention it gets me out of that nasty hate spike Cure IV has. And on the occasions you sub /WHM, Rapture really makes those Curaga IIs felt.

Anyway, while Aurorstorm is nifty for boosting cures, I don't really find much use for it. If a WHM was asked to help focus on sleeping mobs with Repose, however, giving them a bit more accuracy on it certainly would not hurt.

Comment

First off, sorry about the endless typage. Kinda just started typing and didn't stop til I hit post. ^^ Thanks for the help. I have never been a big posting person, but at my new job I sit at a computer all day so my time to post has jumped enormously.

I would like to express that the things I mentioned are just advantages to a SCH that tended to be overlooked and while some are more minute in signifigance or helpfulness, others are more defined and noticable.

I would, however, like to throw in a complaint with my "SCH unmentioned" post. The end-game gear that SCH get is unbelieveably limited. SCH has a naturally lower Magic Accuracy, hence the "AF" spell Klimaform. There are roughly 3 pieces of equipment that I can think of that add magic accuracy and that is saying alot. Two of them are rings and one is an earring. Diabolos Earring, Omega Ring, and Balrahn's Ring.

I have searched the wide web for all the possible end game gear and the "Ultimate" armor includes some hard to obtain Salvage gear, some not as hard Assault gear, and AF. While I may be overlooking some things I think that is just a bit sad. Now if SCH could wear the Einherjar Shadow (Mage) gear I would not be as disturbed by the lack of equipment selection.

I do wish and hope that I can gain some helpful insight and intellectual conversation regarding these and other things. I humbly ask for forgiveness for the eye ripping intro to this posting world.
                I'm not sure what exactly you said, but I gathered from the following posts you mentioned my wall of verbal pain. I apologize for that and corrected it as soon as I got back from lunch. Thanks ^^
                Last edited by Temagori; 04-30-2008, 10:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                Life is all about decisions. It is the decisions you make in life that shape you.
                sigpic

Comment

lack of gear? its a new job -.- AF for it was just released not to long ago, have to give some things time
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Time yes, but still odd that there are is an insane amount of mage gear at end levels and SCH can only wear Yigit and Errant. BLU had abit more open to it when it started.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think during the upcomming version update there will be some new gears available. Let's see.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittyneko View Post
                        I think during the upcomming version update there will be some new gears available. Let's see.
                        Here's hoping that the S.E. God's don't crap all over SCH after making it so awesome in the last update.
                        sigpic

Comment

As far as SCH going unrealized =) I agree with you there, but I only wish you realized the job before the update >.> it seems T-T i was the only "before update" fan lol I just wanted to be different and fell in the love with the job.. then I come back to the game 3 months later and realize almost everyone jumped on the bandwagon >_< people tell me "Welcome to how SAM felt" lol

Now as far as gear go's yes we dont have very many options but I'd have to say our AF is a lot better than most out there. We get a +15 on all magic catagory's (I.e. Elemental, Healing etc.) just from wearing 2 of the pieces. A hat that gives us almost the same effect as Refresh. Now I know we dont have very much gear but honestly what els is better?

Comment

I played SCH from day 1 lol but from events and what not I didn't get to enjoy all fo the intricacies of it. I was only level 32 when they added sublimation so I can't say much in the defense of that.

I agree it's AF is awesome, but it just sucks when there is such a limited amount of gear available for such a diverse job. I understand it will take some time, but I just don't understand why SCH was not granted access to wear a few more sets of mage gear.

I just anxiously await for them to add the merits for SCH.

Kinda sucked being /SAM and self SCing with Penta Thrust...then S.E. said NO~! Then I cried. Then leveled WHM to 75 and was bombarded with LS events lol.

DRG was the worst thing though... Imagine being the uber DRG and then they make you the lolDRG ; ;
                            Last edited by Temagori; 04-30-2008, 11:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Temagori View Post
                              I just anxiously await for them to add the merits for SCH.
                              Yeah me too do you have any ideas of what they might add? I'm hoping for some new JA, and maybe Helix II's that would be sweets =)

Comment

Working...
                              X