Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Composure and Enspell II info

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
    RDM will still have to take time out from DD to cast, DNC's ability to DD is hampered by their basic need to spend TP on other things outside of weaponskills. A COR/WHM or COR/DNC will face similar issues on top of the times they have to go to the backline to buff, only COR/RNG or /WAR would remove most of the problems COR would face.

If you're so confidant about DNC and /DNC for raw DD, try to trio Preemptive Strike at MJSP with no DDs, a DNC and /DNC subs only and see if you don't get booted for running out of time - you can even have a BRD or COR in the trio. You will not win with much time to spare, if you win at all.
    Not to sound like a dick or anything but I think you are in over your head BBQ. A full haste set on DW puts swings at about 1.6 seconds, you have 19 seconds between haste recasts, you have 3 second casting time on hastes (12 seconds every 3 minutes) and 3 second cast times on Cure III-IV (4-5 cures in a 3 minute stretch). If casting is bringing you down to the point where you can not get a weaponskill every 20 seconds your DD's suck and are MP sinks. The DNC will be experiencing the same deal. I mean if you can find 15-20 seconds to rest MP in a full swing meripo while backlining between cures/dias you can find15- 20 seconds to melee, and considering RDM's can already split a casting load with a backline mage and get 70-80% of a top DD there is no reason the same can not take place with a DNC.

Which brings me to my last point. Where did I say the RDM or DNC would be pure DD? Hmmm no where that is right. They combine (that means put together) their abilities and damage to offer greater support to two melees, and offsetting the damage done by a third by doing more.

If you want to discuss it more send me a PM.

sig courtesy tgm
    retired -08

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
      /

Is the added dmg cumulative for the duration of the Enspell or does it reset with every mob?

(Going to get Enwater after the maintenence but that's still 2hrs+ away.)
      It carries from mob to mob and resets when you recast.

I got Enstone II, Enaero II, Enthunder II and Enwater II over the past couple days. Fei'yin and Grauberg were still overcrowded.

The drop rate on Enaero II seems much higher, which makes sense I guess since there are a lot fewer pops of that pot than others. Got two in 8ish kills with a thf.

I thought my moongate pass would give me an edge on Enstone II but to my shock there are actually a lot of people that have that thing. Moon's still better than elsewhere since there are more pops. I got my drop in about 20 kills.

Hover Tank pops were totally congested on the east side of Uggalepih but on a tip from a rdm I met in Ro'maeve I check behind the door where Crimson-toothed Pawberry pops and found 6 pops and no competition. Took me 8-10 kills to get my drop.

Enwater II I actually went /thf for since I didn't have to worry about magic aggro and wouldn't gain anything from perdu wand/joytoy. Seems there are 4 emerald quadav which spawn in a close group with a Sapphirine Quadav (whm) and a Brass Quadav (drk) along with two Ochu which have a very wide wander radius around the same area. There's a pretty big distance between sets of these mobs and the respawn timer is only 5 minutes so at best one person could probably control two pops. I just sat tight at one and cleared the 4 non-rdm spawns while I waited for the emerald to come back to avoid adds. Only took me 4 kills to get my drop.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

<_<

She's by the fountain in Ru'lude.
        Attached Files

Comment

Lol ... how did it take three days to find this NPC?
          sigpic
          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

According to the wiki this NPC increases the items in her inventory based on how much she's sold, sortof like the other mithra by the AH that sells libation abjurations. Maybe no servers had advanced her stock that far until today.

Thing is, I thought they removed this NPC back in January when the New Year's event ended.

Macchi Gazlitah - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

Comment

Well, that's one more way for SE to siphon gil out of the economy, however slight it may be.
              sigpic
              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Yeah, that kind of NPC has their prices/stock vary according to demand and all that stuff. In the mean time I got 4/6 enspells today...even though I had absolutely no intention to do so.

Guess I might as well get Enaero and Enstone this weekend to complete the set.

In any case, paying more than 5-10k for these spells seems excesive to me.
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                  It carries from mob to mob and resets when you recast.
                  Furthermore, in my experience the cumulative damage part still keeps counting even if you are at your current cap, so if you swap in more skill after a few capped hits, you get the full benefit immediately.

I started without any +enhancing skill on (240-259 tier) and got 17 fixed + up to 17 cumulative, got several hits of 34 in a row, then swapped in AF2 hands and AF legs which put me into the 280-299 tier. The next hit after that was immediately 38: 19 fixed and a full 19 cumulative. (Of course if you're not testing, it's probably more efficient to keep the skill gear on full time, since you'll get the extra 2 fixed damage per hit from the first hit.)

I haven't had a chance to test it with +enspell items yet - I wonder if SE was generous enough to make them raise both the fixed amount and the cumulative cap? That would be awesome.

I got Enstone II, Enaero II, Enthunder II and Enwater II over the past couple days. Fei'yin and Grauberg were still overcrowded.
                  For Grauberg, I just picked one pop spot and sat on it - they're too far apart for running back and forth to be practical. Pop timer is 5 min, use a stopwatch. If someone else gets claim, watch and get ToD and start your stopwatch.

As I was entering Fei'Yin, I met a LS member coming out with an extra scroll, so I don't know anything about camping that one. I think the right pots are in the basement.
                  Hover Tank pops were totally congested on the east side of Uggalepih but on a tip from a rdm I met in Ro'maeve I check behind the door where Crimson-toothed Pawberry pops and found 6 pops and no competition. Took me 8-10 kills to get my drop.
                  Thanks for the tip - I suspected there might be some there since the pop numbers on wiki didn't match up with what I could find. Now I just have to find the key droppers... maybe I'll go /thf since I need 2 drops there.

I also endorse the recommendation of going beyond the moongates if you have the key. You can wander back and forth between the north and south areas of a single moongate and not have to wait for any repops. (Be careful with your stealth and positioning, though, everything but the pots is above level 75 and aggros magic.) I got about 1/12.
                  Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                  RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                  All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

About Grauberg, you can also get Onyx Quadavs in North Gustaberg [S]. The Palborough mines zone was really good to me. Was /thf and got 2/2 Scrolls after I found the place, with no competition whatsoever.
                    sigpic
                    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Hmm, I might just buy thunder now, instead of farming a key and a scroll or competing with a zillion THFs for the pops you can reach without the key. Especially since it's the cheapest of the lot.

On the other hand, the discovery of the NPC will crash the AH price, which might make the THFs find something better to do anyway...
                      Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                      RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                      All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Prices on Lakshmi are almost at the NPC price already. If you were going to just buy one or two, water and aero are useful to soften up a mob for nuking and I find stone useful for helping my silence stick longer and more reliably on annoying spellcaster mobs.

Comment

L O L epic how we all missed that.
                          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

wow screw that! I'm just gonna farm those scrolls lol. Those things are way to expensive

Comment

Working...
                            X