Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Death Blossom

Originally posted by FortMan View Post
    I'd suggest Shadowhorn Stormer (Gigas) in campaign as well.
    These actually don't resist enspells so much, it's just that 95% of RDMs use Enblizzard/Enthunder as their go-to enspells, and Gigas' pity da fool who brings ice/thunder at them.
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
      These actually don't resist enspells so much, it's just that 95% of RDMs use Enblizzard/Enthunder as their go-to enspells, and Gigas' pity da fool who brings ice/thunder at them.
      Odd. My Enfire (and Enaero) got resisted on them quite often too.
      Feona - Leviathan Server - Bastok 10
      RDM75/BLU75/WHM58/etc.

Comment

I'll give it a whirl next time they show up. I spent an hour spamming DB in campaign and tanking mobs yesterday...then realized I had no tags on...didn't die at least. :/

Comment

Maybe test on something with a know MDB, Like a mage weapon in that place near hall of gods, with all the weapons (freaking name escapes me at the moment) You should be able to kill them easily and the MDB should give you a fairly good idea of how much magic evade (which I can only assume means resitance) effects all kinds of spells (mainly nukes since RDM shouldn't have any problem landing enfeebles at all on mobs that are not HNM's.)

(I believe they are ominous weapons, and have a 12% or so MDB if I recall correctly)

sig courtesy tgm
          retired -08

Comment

Um, MDB is damage reduction, it has nothing to do with resistance/magic evasion unless SE's wording is insanely awful.

Comment

You're mixing MDB and Target Magic Damage Adjustment, neither of which are really in play here. MDB is compared with MAB as a multiplier in calculating nuke damage(basically [(Base * stuff * (MAB÷MDB)], MAB and MDB don't affect enspells at all.

TMDA is a straight % magic damage reduction that works the same as Shell, certain mobs have it, Weapons being one of the types(having 12.5%, RDM weapons also have MDB to boot). This type of reduction(including Shell) is not resists-based, and will always take the same % every single time, no way around it.

It's going to be near impossible to tag the actual -MEva amount of the debuff, though I believe there's a -Eva one on another of the new WS, it may be possible that the amounts are mirrored, but still that's the sort of thing that is if not impossible to test, is a pain in the ass enough to make it prohibitive.

Comment

You know what, I now want the ability to /check mobs for Magic Defense and Magic Evasion. =/
                Originally posted by Armando
                No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                Originally posted by Armando
                Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                Matthew 16:15

Comment

I'd settle for definitive formulas on skill/MND/INT => MAcc.

You can typically tell their MDef just by knowing their job and what level they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
                    I'll give it a whirl next time they show up. I spent an hour spamming DB in campaign and tanking mobs yesterday...then realized I had no tags on...didn't die at least. :/
                    Happened to me once too. Tanking 2 giants at the time and a was little bit surprise when I got no xp.
                    Feona - Leviathan Server - Bastok 10
                    RDM75/BLU75/WHM58/etc.

Comment

I did get to put DB to the test against a more 'real' mob, and didn't really have stellar results.

Khimaira in Nyzul is always a pain to debuff but I can land Slow eventually when I keep at it most times. Hoping that it would make it a bit easier to land I opened light off the bat, and yeah, no noticeable change. About 5 straight resists and it died before I could cast a 6th. Anyways will try it on more stuff later.

Comment

Is there a message when the WS additional effect occurs? Because it only has a chance of occurring based on TP... doesn't happen 100% of the time.
                        Madrone Hume Female Leviathan Server
                        75: RDM MNK BLM PLD BRD subs: NIN WAR DRK BLU WHM SCH DNC RNG
                        AF+1 16/25, AF2 9/25, Nashira 1/5, Crimson 3/5, Pln 2/5, Yigit 5/5, Zenith 3/5, Shura 3/5, Askar 1/5, Goliard 2/5, Homam 2/5
                        Merits 384/506, Bastok rank 10, Merc rank 10

Comment

Originally posted by arkaine23 View Post
                          Is there a message when the WS additional effect occurs? Because it only has a chance of occurring based on TP... doesn't happen 100% of the time.
                          It only gives a "xxxmob's Magic Evasion Down effect wears off" message when the effect wears off. I've never noticeably seen it not give the affect, though many things that I've used it on have died within 60 seconds of me using it so there's no way to really know on those. The duration is static regardless of TP, I'm leaning towards the theory that the amount of MEva Down is what varies.

Comment

For future reference TP moves never announce additional effects.

Comment

Unless you mean the Additional Effect: Fuck Yeah from the animation.

Comment

Working...
                              X