Death Blossom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Blossom

Not sure how many of you guys unlocked this yet, but figured I'd make a post if some wanted to discuss it.

For those who haven't seen, Death Blossom is a 3-hit Physical WS that gives an additional effect of Magic Evasion Down on the mob for 60 seconds. So far the cogs appear to be 30% STR 50% MND(same as Savage iirc) and an fTP of 1.125. fTP and Magic Evasion Down duration do not appear to increase with TP, so I'm assuming the potency of the effect is what scales with TP.

The primary SC property is Fragmentation, the secondary is Distortion, meaning this can open both Light and Dark, and close Light and Fragmentation, making it extremely handy as a skillchain opener. While not as strong as Vorpal, this WS does effectively give melee RDMs something they were in dire need of: a WS to use while not having a Vorpal sub which does the same damage at 100% as it does at 300%.

The downsides so far are that it's a non-crit multi-hit with a low fTP, meaning you still need a large amount of accuracy to land all hits for optimal damage, but there's no chance of critical hits boosting damage like with Vorpal so you still need to work in a good chunk stats to cover the WSC mods as well as Attack. In my WS set which is mostly built for Vorpal I've managed meager #'s, however it was as /THF against EP Corses(not the best mobs for slashing damage or subjob for pretty WS #'s). At most I pulled a 400 with a Double Attack proc, generally it was around 300~.

I have seen shots of people putting up 6-700 on TW's using a MND build, but on more difficult mobs you're still going to have to have a concern for Accuracy.

The good news is that while not the strongest, the WS does beat out Savage at 100%, looks fuggin' sweet, and has the additional effect to boot. I'm curious if the Magic Evasion Down effect also applies to skillchain damage, as it may make DB a viable SC opener for 'real' DDs against mobs that are normally resistant to SC damage. It closes Fragmentation off of Yuki/Rana, so you could easily do a 3-step Light with a SAM and potentially see a nice fat SC. Also being a 3-hit physical WS, you can DA swings and Souleater should stack with it for an extra 300~ damage.

I'm hoping to test this with higher levels of Attack from /WAR and /DRK, although I'm extremely interested in trying /DRG with it. Minor Attack/Acc boosts from job traits, Jump which works with Joyeuse procs, and access to a fat chunk of Haste from Wyvern Earring/Targe make it appealing as a solo/fun sub to me. An ideal mob I'd like to test it on is Aura Statues in Sky next time my LS goes Diorite farming, as they can be finnicky with Enspell resists. If the additional effect from DB is potent enough, it could largely cut these resists, making a huge impact on your total damage output, and with the extra Haste you could easily continue to build TP and fire off DBs before the effect wears off.

Anyways I'm hoping to test more later this week, if anyone else has it unlocked let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Callisto; 09-17-2008, 07:58 AM. Reason: Fixed SC properties
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Re: Death Blossom

That's interesting.

I'm not sure if it's worth it for someone who would have to start from zero and doesn't even have an assault static though. <_<;

Maybe I'd be better off if I stopped being lazy and got Blau to use Evisceration instead.
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Have you been able to test and see if the -MEVA affects the overall accuracy of enspells? It would be curious to know if say we can have a 85-90% constant enspell MACC would be a considerable boost to our damage potential. (80% is nice with 300 enhancing, 5/5 ice merits.)

If you could check that it would be great.

sig courtesy tgm
      retired -08

Comment

Getting to the 20th floor isn't terribly hard, especially with the most recent adjustments, which make Nyzul more pick-up group friendly. Statics would still be preferred, but the system people use in statics for lamp floors and whatnot is common knowledge to many now and will only become moreso.

All HNM bosses on floors 20, 40, 60 and 80 now also drop the base version of mythic weapons. Which is just as it should have been to start with since in Dynamis relic weapn drops are common.
        Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 09-16-2008, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
          Getting to the 20th floor isn't terribly hard.

All NMs also drop the base version of mythic weapons. Which is just as it should have been to start with since in Dynamis relic weapn drops are common.
          Fixed it.
          sigpic
          Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

You know, its becoming increasingly common (and fucking annoying) that instead of simply correcting someone, people have to "fix" the quote and say "fixed."

Comment

If the info on wiki is accurate there's no difference if you get the weapon on floor 5 or 80, you'd still need to get to at least floor 95 unless you were some kind of maso willing to get thousands of WS points to break the weapons.

I really hope that's not the case but if it is true and you need to add an extra 250 WS per every 5 floors below 100 then there's no chance in hell I'd try to break the latent anytime sooner than floor 90-95. And if I somehow got that far then might as well get to floor 100 first anyway.

In other words Blau ftw!
              sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

From the BG thread, no one sees to be able to unlock the WS with anything less than Floor 20. On Floor 25 takes a bit more than 3600 WS points to unlock.

Comment

Too crazy for such a weak (although situationally useful) WS. I'll just add it to the list of things I'll probably never get. /shrug
                  sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                    Too crazy for such a weak (although situationally useful) WS. I'll just add it to the list of things I'll probably never get. /shrug
                    Damn and my list is already long as hell....
                    sigpic

(\ /)
                    ( . . )
                    C(")(")
                    ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
                      The primary SC property is Gravitation, the secondary is Fragmentation, meaning this can open both Light and Dark, and close Dark and Fragmentation, making it extremely handy as a skillchain opener. While not as strong as Vorpal, this WS does effectively give melee RDMs something they were in dire need of: a WS to use while not having a Vorpal sub which does the same damage at 100% as it does at 300%.
                      Are you sure about this? From the WS test thread on BG, it seem to be Fragmentation A and Distortion B.

Example given in the thread:

Death Blossom => Eviseration (Gravitation A) = Darkness.

This, if true, proves that Death Blossom is Distortion.

Death Blossom => Wheeling Thrust (Fusion) = Light.
                      Death Blossom => Knights of the Round (Fusion B)= Light.

And Fragmentation, with Frag A and Distortion B (These two SCs would be Fusion, otherwise).
                      Feona - Leviathan Server - Bastok 10
                      RDM75/BLU75/WHM58/etc.

Comment

Last edited by Boldfinger; 12-21-2023, 06:39 PM.
                        It's too orangey for crows, it's just for me and my dog...

Originally posted by sevenpointflaw
                        Momma used to say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." Now she says, "If you don't have anything nice to say, go post in Killing Ifrit."

Comment

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
                          Have you been able to test and see if the -MEVA affects the overall accuracy of enspells? It would be curious to know if say we can have a 85-90% constant enspell MACC would be a considerable boost to our damage potential. (80% is nice with 300 enhancing, 5/5 ice merits.)

If you could check that it would be great.
                          I have yet to fight something that resists Enspells often, I was hoping to test it on Aura Statues soon when we do Diorites next as they're a prime culprit. So far the most intensive thing I've used it for was East Temenos Elementals, was kind of hard to gauge since they have a natural magic reduction, but it worked well for spamming DB and following with Aspir. It was doing about 200-240 a pop, not much but compared to normal DDs on those Eles it wasn't terrible.

Originally posted by FortMan View Post
                          Are you sure about this? From the WS test thread on BG, it seem to be Fragmentation A and Distortion B.

Example given in the thread:

Death Blossom => Eviseration (Gravitation A) = Darkness.

This, if true, proves that Death Blossom is Distortion.

Death Blossom => Wheeling Thrust (Fusion) = Light.
                          Death Blossom => Knights of the Round (Fusion B)= Light.

And Fragmentation, with Frag A and Distortion B (These two SCs would be Fusion, otherwise).
                          Yes you're correct, I had it backwards. I closed Light off of Atonement last night and was like whoops, better come back here to fix that, lol.
                          Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

I have yet to fight something that resists Enspells often, I was hoping to test it on Aura Statues soon when we do Diorites next as they're a prime culprit. So far the most intensive thing I've used it for was East Temenos Elementals, was kind of hard to gauge since they have a natural magic reduction, but it worked well for spamming DB and following with Aspir. It was doing about 200-240 a pop, not much but compared to normal DDs on those Eles it wasn't terrible.
                            I'd suggest Shadowhorn Stormer (Gigas) in campaign as well.

Yes you're correct, I had it backwards. I closed Light off of Atonement last night and was like whoops, better come back here to fix that, lol.
                            I see. Glad to help.
                            Feona - Leviathan Server - Bastok 10
                            RDM75/BLU75/WHM58/etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Boldfinger View Post
                              I'll just GTFO now. I should have known this wasn't going to be a thread about Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada
                              I still love The Last Star Fighter... I don't know why, but i do.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X