Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dune Widow

Originally posted by Dim Mahk View Post
    I agree I flippen hate camping NM's however the mistic NM was alittle jerk. I went 1/13 on it. I just killed it and would to to bibiky to pop Intulo then run back to be there for the 2hr15min timer elapsed. that was a great method. or I just log after killing mystic. DW NM has a rediculas pop timer I just said screw that NM. however Centrino I camped and went 1/4 on him. the last time I camped him a 75 RDM beat my Dia pull by milliseconds. and was stupid about fighting it. Got cocky and linked the PL, and WAR Ants. lol Jamming wave went off has he was typing lol's and boasting about beating me. well letme tell you that Centrino and the 2 other Ants can devoure 1 75RDM with utter easy. he screamed out "Help me out" and me and my other 2 friend watch and returned the lol's and watched him fall like a stone. We got my Cloak and they got there Stonega3 in one drop. I bet that RDM wont be a ass again. revenge was sweet!! thanks to Quicksand Ants.they just keep giveing and giveing
    What does this have to do with Dune Widow? < .>
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
      I also want to try my hand at Ose. I generally don't have a problem with NMs, as long as I know the "shortcut".

Mysticmaker is on a 2.5ish hour repop, Valk Emp only has one PH among a group of 4 that repops every 5 minutes, etc.

Those mobs I have no problem camping.

Ose has one placeholder as well, out of the group of Torama's, he's popped from the Torama that doesn't pop in the same place all the time.

My friend (Career BST) didn't believe me, but he knew exactly which torama I was talking about, so after we killed it once, Ose popped, and now he's sold on the concept.

Any other NMs we can discuss? I hate blindly killing mobs. It's a waste of time, you might miss the NM, and you have no control over knowing the time it's gonna show up.
      I agree with ya. Randomly killing every monster in the zone that might be a placeholder is retarded. Much better to find what the placeholder (or in some rare cases, placeholders) is, and kill only those. Most lottery NMs in the game have only one, some like Leaping Lizzy have two, and only a rare few have three. I don't think any have four or more...
      Originally posted by Dim Mahk
      I agree I flippen hate camping NM's however the mistic NM was alittle jerk. I went 1/13 on it. I just killed it and would to to bibiky to pop Intulo then run back to be there for the 2hr15min timer elapsed. that was a great method. or I just log after killing mystic.
      1/13? You think that is bad? HA! HAHA! I laugh!
      Originally posted by Ellipses
      Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
      Originally posted by MCLV
      A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
      More Sig:

Comment

I thought the discussion turned from dune window to hating to camp NM's and forced to fight competition for the drop.
        Hacked on 9/9/09
        FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
          What does this have to do with Dune Widow? < .>
          Err, well that was alittle venting tangent! >.>
          But yes, I agree this NM sux butt to camp

Comment

I think there is a I hate camping NM thread or something. But I gave up on Farming and such.

I have 10000 gil to my name, and I only log into the game to play Dynamis. I need to campaign during the off days to get this exp back, lol..
            The Tao of Ren
            FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
            Originally posted by Kaeko
            As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

I've killed this nm so many times that I bought the spider torque by AHing the webs it dropped.
              NM Repop time : 1-4 hours (I've never had it pop past the 2.5 hour mark, but I've heard reports)
              That being said, RDM/RNG is the way to go.
              Why?
              Well like some nms, this has placeholders, and instead of running around the map like you're a chicken with it's head cut off, knowing when and where to look can save you time.. stress.. and energy.

When widescanning, do a remote scan of the canyon where Dune Widow pops.. scroll to the bottom of the results, and up from there; the mob list will read:
              skele/cactuar/antican/nonspiderwtf
              Spider
              Spider
              Spider (PH)

There's a small chance that the spiders won't pop up on widescan as a pair. In that case simply seek out and kill all the spiders in the area with widescan. Wait 15 minutes. Problem solved, it will look as above.

The two spiders that pop up closest to the bottom of the widescan, or the only spiders that pop up in a pair are your targets. They pop all over the canyon, but instead of killing four spiders, you'll be killing two, and timing it right (15minute repop), you'll get the jump on any NM that pops.

THAT being said.. don't waste your time with this NM.
              I'm well 0/45+.
              My Ls /sighs whenever I go camp this bitch becuase I am bound to
              "/l OMG Dune Widow Claimed, Time to open this BITCH UP
              /wait 20 seconds
              "/l 0/46"

etc.
              Last edited by Apessius; 08-17-2008, 02:54 AM. Reason: Adding NM repop time

Comment

Working...
              X