Dune Widow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dune Widow

So I'm subbing RNG and doing remote scan. I figured that there are 4 Spiders in the G-8 Area.

I hate this NM so much.

/sigh

Any input before I lose my mind?
    Last edited by WishMaster3K; 06-14-2008, 12:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Tao of Ren
    FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
    Originally posted by Kaeko
    As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Re: Dune Widow

I hate competing too. I mean, I hate camping NMs in the first place, but if I have to fight someone for a pop? Forget about it.

Comment

/RNG is waste of time for this NM, by the time you scanned it, someone will have claimed it.

Best thing to do is to really just stick to the "trench" area of that position and only kill the spiders there, because that's where DW tends to spawn more often than not.

Hope that helps.

Also, drop rate stinks on this one, I'm practically 2/19 on it.

Comment

"Trench" meaning that pit with the Scorpion and the Worms?

Yeah, There is only one spider pop over there, two that fluctuate from the middle of G-8 to the Southwest corner, and one that pops over by the Anticas.

Or is that area by the Antica's what you're implying when you say "Trench"?

The wiki says that it's a lottery from all the Spiders, but I doubt it. God, if I just knew what the hell the Placeholder was.

Chances are, it might be one of the two Spiders that spawn next to each other, specifically, the one that alternates it's pop point.
        The Tao of Ren

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
        As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Why are you even camping that thing? As long as you've been a rdm don't you have an enfeebling torque already?

Btw dude, the avatar is win. I'm almost tempted to get the shirt. There needs to be another one about crazy britches and hose.
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

My rationale, a long time ago, was this:

I don't need the Enfeebling Skill in exp.
            Unless I'm screaming past the 310 mark, there is no need for me to Enfeeble end-game.
            I don't even have an end-game shell
            I never get resisted on Sleep in Dynamis
            Shit, I come to Dynamis as PLD now 98% of the time.

I sold my Torque a while ago, and never really needed it. Nothing in exp, not even Trolls, resist me. But I figured that I need to stop being gimp.
            The Tao of Ren

Comment

I love camping NM's and am usually pretty good at it. Unless the NM literally pops in front of someone else, I'll usually get claim.

Nothing feels better though than outclaiming somebody else on an NM. Keep at it! >:O
              ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I can think of a number of things that feel better. But as I said, I just really hate camping. Popping an NM and fighting it? Fun. Coming across an NM and fighting it? Not a problem. But waiting around for it so that I can be the fastest to claim it out of a bunch of other people? Not fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                  Nothing feels better though than outclaiming somebody else on an NM.
                  Lies. You forgot women and food.

Also, by "trench" I mean the lower area of the POS you put up, not the pit the scorpion wanders around.

Comment

I'm like 0/20 on this mob. Its probably way easier to farm crap and buy the torque.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Originally posted by little ninja View Post
                      I'm like 0/20 on this mob. Its probably way easier to farm crap and buy the torque.
                      This is pretty much my policy on any NM. Only exceptions are rare/ex drops obviously, items that nobody ever sells like Black Ribbon, and items with prices WAY out of reasonable ranges compared the the effort of camping it like Enhancing Sword.

That's the second time I've agreed with little ninja today. Would somebody please call a mechanic for the furnaces in hell?
                      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                        Lies. You forgot women
                        Those generally wind up hurting.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                          This is pretty much my policy on any NM. Only exceptions are rare/ex drops obviously, items that nobody ever sells like Black Ribbon, and items with prices WAY out of reasonable ranges compared the the effort of camping it like Enhancing Sword.

That's the second time I've agreed with little ninja today. Would somebody please call a mechanic for the furnaces in hell?
                          Your creditability just took a huge nose dive. lol

Did Murph just thank you for the hell reference??? LMAO

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

I don't need a reason to thank TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                              Those generally wind up hurting.
                              And you know because you read about them on wikipedia?

Comment

Working...
                              X