( . . )
    C(")(")
    ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Comment

Re: &quot;Unable to cast Regen on &lt;Player&gt;&quot;

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
      There's not much to the topic, is there? IIRC,

(Slow II or Hojo: Ni) --overrides (and prevents)-> (Slow or Hojo: Ichi)

Hojo: Ni cannot override Slow II and vice versa
      The irritation being for EXP in relation to wasting MP, is that RDM doesn't get access to Slow II until they're 75. So anytime you're partying with a NIN, you find yourself 'wasting' MP if you didn't notice that the NIN cast whatever they cast. So you have the supposed master of enfeebling playing second fiddle to a NIN tank, but I digress.

Though I was under the impression that Slow II did overwrite, and even unmerited had a higher effect then Hojo:Ni. Someone somewhere had done some nice work with these pretty graphs that had the effects of Slow II mapped out and related them to Slow I and the Hojo ninjitsu but I was stupid and didn't bookmark it. I think it was linked here somewhere on the boards, but it would take me time to find it again.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Life as a mage would be so unbelievably braindead easy if this stuff weren't the case, though. No more having to keep track of anything, just spam the crap out of enfeebles and buffs, secure in the knowledge that the only thing you'd lose was casting time.
        Ellipses on Fenrir
        There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
        . . .

Comment

Surprised power-levelling hasn't been mentioned yet. It's quite relevant - perhaps even key - to two of the points raised.

Regen/Refresh would make power-levelling way too effective, regen being a low-hate curative spell and refresh being sillily useful in general. Typically with power-levels the party must make a choice between the outside assistance and their enmity control. Accept the PL and watch as hate-management becomes a wayward factor. I honestly believe this is a key reason why Regen and Refresh is party member only.

Also, /blockaid. If you're tanking and want to tank in a PLed party, this is your friend.
          Oh, Warp. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

Comment

You've never seen BRD PL'ing a low level party, I gather?

Kick out one (non-melee) party member, Minute + Magrigal (both at full BRD75 strength). Invite member back, fight. Turns an IT-- monster into an EM.

People low on HP after fight? Double Paeon for a minute, then back to Minute + Magrigal. (Or just Curaga II while BRD75/WHM37 is in party.)

With a few macros, the whole kick-invite-kick-invite operation can be done easily. Even if Refresh and Regen can be cast on non-party members, a BRD PL will still blow away a RDM PL in low level parties. =b
            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Howler View Post
              Huh. That would explain why I got a "you cannot cast magic on that player" message once or twice. I thought it had something to do with what gear they had on.
              SE is probably going to make gear like this one day, only to fuck with players.

Comment

â—€/blockaidâ–¶? I thought it's mostly used to prevent breaking synthesis. =b
                I believe synthesis was patched so you couldn't cast on another player even before /blockaid was implemented. Iirc /blockaid was added because RMT/assholes would chain-cure-bomb players in an attempt to prevent them from taking certain actions, lag them up, and just generally try to increase the likelyhood that the players would die to a NM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeke View Post
                  Also, /blockaid. If you're tanking and want to tank in a PLed party, this is your friend.
                  That is a surprisingly good idea, hope you don't mind if I steal it from you
                  Astral Candescence = Astral Candy (Yummee)!!!

Member of the Vermy Cloak is overrated club

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                    I believe synthesis was patched so you couldn't cast on another player even before /blockaid was implemented.
                    You can still start a spell before someone starts crafting, and if it finishes while they're crafting, it will still break. Not quite a big issue, unless you have that stuff filtered, aren't paying attention, or have crappy timing.

My NPC occasionally screws up some of my in-the-field crafting because of all those last two issues.
                    Ellipses on Fenrir
                    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                    . . .

Comment

Working...
                    X