RDM 52 ---- sucessful solo area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDM 52 ---- sucessful solo area

Well As you all know , it is not hard to get a pty invite at this lvl , but mostly for the shear joy of soloing and not being bothered with being the main healer for a pty, what are some good solo areas at this lvl with high sucess rate.
    Dahc Ramuh server
    San D'Oria Rank 6
    RDM 68 WHM 38 BLM 22 PLD 35 SAM 15 NIN 15 WAR 10 BST 34 THF 15 MNK 10 SMN 10 DRK 10 DRG 14 BRD 15 PUP 12 COR 10 RNG 10 BLU 19 DNC 20 SCH 15

Re: RDM 52 ---- sucessful solo area

Big Claw (Lv.45-48) Misareaux Coast
    Nice to start with DC critters without extremely dangerous moves if you're not used to soloing.

Diatryma (Lv.47-51) Misareaux Coast
    Slightly tougher than they con, but the (infrequent) drops sells well. Don't think they can be slept, though. Keep your Elemental Staves on you in case you need Gravity or Bind. Try not to link them; lot's of room there.

Rumble Crawler (Lv.53-55) Crawlers' Nest
    May want to wait level or two for this. You'll have to compete with parties. Recommend no slip damage spells (Dia, Bio, Poison, etc.) in case you need to sleep your target. Pretty sure they will break through Stoneskin often. (Hope you're good at timing Utsusemi.)

Cave Worm (Lv.60-63) Kuftal Tunnel
    Probably not yet, but maybe in a few levels. They tend to cluster in two's, if memory serves. You'll need to Silence both, probably sleep one for insurance, then DoT/Nuke one to death. /BLM highly recommended; melee'ing highly NOT recommended. Watch out for Robber Crabs, ghosts, and Guivre.

Edit--Fun bonus:
    Anemone (Lv.51-54) Yhoator Jungle
    Not sure where they are exactly, but this should be an exciting kiting exercise. The objective: avoid Bad Breath. Probably have to run around other aggro'ing critters, too. Plan your kiting path!
    Last edited by ItazuraNhomango; 01-16-2008, 06:06 AM.
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
      Edit--Fun bonus:
      Anemone (Lv.51-54) Yhoator Jungle
      Not sure where they are exactly, but this should be an exciting kiting exercise. The objective: avoid Bad Breath. Probably have to run around other aggro'ing critters, too. Plan your kiting path!
      Nothing beats kiting when you're running away from vines! Devil monsters, they are.
      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Thanks for the replies on this. I have gotten to lvl 55 since I last posted here and I do intend to check a few of these out. I know for sure one thing that I have to work on is Kiting as I find myself not as polished as I would like to be on this technique. One other Q, as I know you posted a few sub job required for certain areas. What /sub would be best for soloing in most cases.
        Dahc Ramuh server
        San D'Oria Rank 6
        RDM 68 WHM 38 BLM 22 PLD 35 SAM 15 NIN 15 WAR 10 BST 34 THF 15 MNK 10 SMN 10 DRK 10 DRG 14 BRD 15 PUP 12 COR 10 RNG 10 BLU 19 DNC 20 SCH 15

Comment

well when i was lvl my blm i got some problems with some RDM's that stole my mobs so u can solo at the same spots as BLM's check solo guide at wiki for BLM to get an idea of how to do it. just have in mind that u canot 1 shot pets so u should sub nin and u will be fine

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
            just have in mind that u canot 1 shot pets so u should sub nin and u will be fine
            With elemental staves, Gravity, Bind, and Sleep, a RDM doesn't need to one-shot those, nor need /NIN.

- Mugaku

Comment

is not a matter of "need"...RDM can just no 1 shot pets.

and not every1 can aford HQ staves u know >.>

Comment

As far as the staves ihave all NQ staffs except for Fire and water, which Igot to get more gil to get. I find that just with the NQ staffs I do ok and am able to stick more often than not. As far as 1 shotting a mob, I rarely ever see this done and don't expect to do so unless I am farming. I rely more on staying power than anything else when I do go out on that rare occasion to solo. Besides that I always bring my NPC when I go solo. I find him useful at times.

One of my Favorite things to do is go Sub BST when I solo.
                Dahc Ramuh server
                San D'Oria Rank 6

Comment

You like to sub BST when solo? It sure is good, but unfortunately looking at your sig your BST level is too low. To use it as a subjob effectively you'll want to level it to 75, as it's been said/proven time and time again that your charm rate is severely affected by its "main" level and I too have witnessed this to be true.
                  [LadyKiKi]
                  Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
                  .:|The Prototype BST|:.
                  Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

Well the main word to look at it that I like to sub BST however unfortunately Irarely do this. I tihnk the last time I did /BSt for RDM solo I was lvl 35 RDM and was doing ok. I do agree that the charm rate is severly lacking in this aspect and now in the 50s Ifind that when I do solo it is always /WHM cause that is the only Sub that I have that is not gimped for RDM. ireally got to work on lvling my other subs.

But on the other hand during solo I do alot of crazy subbing just to check things out and to break up the monotany of ptying.
                    Dahc Ramuh server
                    San D'Oria Rank 6

Comment

is not a matter of "need"...RDM can just no 1 shot pets.
                      My main point was actually that /NIN isn't needed.

and not every1 can aford HQ staves u know >.>
                      You're the only person who mentioned anything about HQ staves, as far as I can tell. I was able to kite and nuke just fine on NQ staves.

- Mugaku

Comment

You're the only person who mentioned anything about HQ staves, as far as I can tell. I was able to kite and nuke just fine on NQ staves.
                        Really the HQ staves aren't necessary until later, anyway. If you have them at 51 that's a great bonus, but now where I find I need them the most is on very tough fights that you wouldn't be doing before 75 anyway. Nowadays, the entire NQ set of staves is roughly less than 200k, (which saddens me, I thought I'd get more for them when I upgraded) and they're really nice to have around from 51-75 until you can afford to go HQ.

Learning to kite and nuke on RDM is really a "practiced" ability. I found that having soloed BLM a few levels gave me a better gauge of my abilities on RDM. Gravity and Sleep II are your best friends.

Also, if you're going to do a lot of nuking on RDM, try to get a Moldavite Earring. The extra Magic Attack Bonus really does make a difference in damage, which will result in less MP cost over time and shorter fights.
                        sigpic
                        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

With elemental staves, Gravity, Bind, and Sleep, a RDM doesn't need to one-shot those, nor need /NIN.
                          Pretty sure the point of one-shotting pets on BLM is that there's no chance of the "master" linking, which will require a hasty retreat.

If you have to multi-cast to kill something, you run the risk of the pet summoner turning to see it getting attacked, and coming after you.

Incidentally, the best source of XP at that point would be doing Campaign. Zero chance of XP loss.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                            Pretty sure the point of one-shotting pets on BLM is that there's no chance of the "master" linking, which will require a hasty retreat.
                            I suppose.

Did some soloing on SCH two weeks ago (no Blink, Sleep, Gravity, or Stoneskin from /RDM back then; only had Bind). In about three and half hour over two sessions, I linked the BST goblin once.

A RDM at the same level, with better spell list and enfeebling skill, can handle linked master by sleeping it, finish off the pet, then go about losing the aggro. No hasty retreat needed.

Linking the BST beastmen is just not as big of a concern on RDM, though it does take time away.

Oh, and the poster I quote was talking about how to deal with not being able to one-shot pets (to which I answered /NIN not needed), not why BLM wants to do that, I think.

- Mugaku

Comment

Yes, this is because the most efficient way for BLM to wipe out pets in the 50s is to use AM. By the time these finish casting, the BST will almost always have started moving again, meaning you risk a link if you don't kill or cancel your cast. Prior to the 50s, BLM has to use multiple smaller nukes to take out his target. You'll be able to get the pet away from the BST with no problem due to quicker nukes, but you need to avoid getting killed by the pet while you gradually nuke it down, and you may also need to watch out for other aggro or links (</3 Cape Teriggan). In general, it's slower going than AM, and can be harder to reach the higher chains.

RDM soloing BST pets is a lot similar to pre-50 BLM tactics (sadly, you'll never get AMs), only RDM is a lot more durable but doesn't nuke as hard, has the benefits of Fast Cast, and can disable enemies a lot more easily than BLM can if they start getting hit. When soloing as BLM, I have to reserve Manafont if I get a BST link, because without it, there's no way I can get Sleepga off unless I pull off some miraculous evades.

Simply put, RDM *can* solo BST pets like BLM can... most jobs can, and do. Only thing is, most RDMs aren't going to bother because they still enjoy high invite rates that BLM simply doesn't get anymore ; ;

Comment

Working...
                              X