Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RDM 51 need some advice

Originally posted by Evion View Post
    Not true... I've seen the differences by looking at my friend's on his PC. Firstly, he has to use his mouse on things that I can highlight by pressing ^. I press ^<X. And I'm curing someone... That's just as fast as your 2 hotkey heal for the PC. I do have some macros, and I know I can find them using my controller faster than PC Hotkeys. Left Trigger,>,>,X done.
    Anyone who "has to" use a mouse is doin' it wrong.

I think you're referring to target up/down inside your party list, and/or target left/right? Keybindings to do that are available. Absolutely the only thing you can do with a controller that you can't do with the keyboard (if you have it set correctly) is scroll along the macro list(s) from left to right. But then, with the keyboard, you've no reason to. And you can always connect a controller to a PC and do that, too. The only interface difference from platform to platform is the name of the button you press on the controller (Triangle/X/Square vs. A/B/C or whatever vs. Button1/Button2/Button3) for any given effect.
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Comment

Re: RDM 51 need some advice

Originally posted by Evion View Post
      I think gear-swapping pre-50 for a RDM is a little elitist....
      You can call it "elitist" if you want, but I call it doing the best I can for my parties.

I didn't (and still don't) have the greatest gears, but if I can macro what I have to squeeze out a better performance, I would. Every inventory slot is a potential resource for bettering my output, and so is every macro space.
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
      X