Valkrum Dunes soloing lvl 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valkrum Dunes soloing lvl 18

Well I did this in 2005 with Red Mage 18-19 subbing black mage, I used my level 12 linen gear, mp food such as rolanberry pies and/or melon pies, have full Mp and fight crabs. it is optional to bring refresh drinks, but it's very helpful

what I did is that I first engage into battle against T crabs, first cast Enthunder then cast Bind and then nuke away, then cast paralyze before it's unbound, then fight away, then attempt another bind and nuke, save some mp for healing.

I tried this and I did really well, although my race was hume (male)

it's better to solo only Crabs

Re: Valkrum Dunes soloing lvl 18

sounds good maybe a blm can do this aswell with refresh drinks and bind sleep strat. with some good INT gear and pies its posible.

Comment

I was shouting in the dunes to people that I soloed a T crab lol, kinda embarrassing

BUT I only did this because I was looking for party and I couldn't resist soloing T crabs.

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
        sounds good maybe a blm can do this aswell with refresh drinks and bind sleep strat. with some good INT gear and pies its posible.
        At that level? Bind doesn't stick reliably, Sleep isn't available yet.

Unless you're nuking on worms (which is perfectly acceptable), this is a terrible idea for BLMs.

Icemage

Comment

No only is this suicidal, soloing in party zones is a real jackass thing to do. Its fine that you don't want to PT, but don't bring other PTs EXP per hour down in the process. Be respectful and find another place to solo.

At 18, though, there aren't many good solo options unless you don't mind scraping up EP worms in Konachat Highlands, La Thiene Plateau, East Ronfaure [S] and North Gustaberg [S]. Maze of Shakarami Worms are doable, but it would require juice and dealing with being Rasped constantly, plus they're really slow to EXP on. They're easier to deal with at 19/20.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
            No only is this suicidal, soloing in party zones is a real jackass thing to do. Its fine that you don't want to PT, but don't bring other PTs EXP per hour down in the process. Be respectful and find another place to solo.

At 18, though, there aren't many good solo options unless you don't mind scraping up EP worms in Konachat Highlands, La Thiene Plateau, East Ronfaure [S] and North Gustaberg [S]. Maze of Shakarami Worms are doable, but it would require juice and dealing with being Rasped constantly, plus they're really slow to EXP on. They're easier to deal with at 19/20.

lol what I just said in the first post was in 2005 lol, but I might do it again when I come back into playing ffxi all over again lol.

but i'll only have rise of the zilart at that moment so i'll get the rest of the expansions later.

anyways, I only solo'ed doing T crabs is to use time while finding a Party. it wasn't really suicidal to me, I knew what to do lol

Comment

Working...
            X