I stopped using Light Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stopped using Light Staff

I can't figure out how to put <stpc> in my macro along with switching visible equipment and not have it screw up about 50% of the time because I disappear and can't switch target off of me fast enough. I'm pretty sure it's cost some deaths along the way and it just doesn't seem worth it. Does anyone know a good healing macro that includes <stpc> and light staff, without screwing up the cast by disappearing?

Re: I stopped using Light Staff

Here's what I use

/equip Main "Light Staff"
    /ma "Cure X" <t>

Not once does this fail me.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

/ma "Cure V" <stpc>
      /equip main "Light Staff"

The macro should not continue until you select your target...

Comment

Originally posted by bikkebakke
        /ma "Cure V" <stpc>

Awesome I'll give that a try.

Comment

I've always preferred Fkeys+<t> over <stpc> for Cures for this very reason as well.
          Tomatoes & Tomatopotato @ Pandemonium
          My Taru Blog / Wiki Page

Play golf? Check out my items.

Comment

Originally posted by bikkebakke
            /ma "Cure V" <stpc>

I was having serious issues with my cure macro as well. I thought it might be because the melees were swapping gears as I was healing them, but this is more likely the answer. Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomatoes
              I've always preferred Fkeys+<t> over <stpc> for Cures for this very reason as well.
              I don't like <t> because I play with a controller and I like to keep the mob targeted for Dispel and enfeebles. I don't use <bt> obviously.

Comment

I use the FKeys when playing White Mage, I have no need for Cure macros unless I'm in Alliance parties. :D
                Though the <stnpc> is nice, I prefer to use the menu for my Curing because I can easily switch up Cure Tiers (Casting time should be the time to set up your next cure). It has served me well for 67 levels (until I fell asleep at the keyboard). However, I can modify my method to target the guy first then use the macro... The FKeys are your friend if you have Haste/ Regen macroed as well. :D

I've never understood <stnpc>, but it sure confused me when I first used it!
                Almost four years experience playing FFXI. I am a Raccoon, not a Hyena--despite my name states I am one.

Get creative and pretend these happened.
                Flaremoogles! Maester Hare HNM Fight! Charmander HNM!

Ow...

Comment

I don't have an equipment change setup in my cure macros. I keep all eight staves on me, and I have a staff change for enfeebles, and included in my enfeeble macros is a line that switches me back to the light staff. I want cures to go out fast and without problems, and that seemed like the best way to to it.

Only problem is that since I party as RDM/WHM, I like to have my Bar spells ready for instant use without having to fumble through the clunky magic menu. Since my enfeebles take up CTRL+7 - CTRL+9 and ALT+7 - ALT+9, Cures from ALT+1 to ALT+4, (though now that Cure I is just silly in Lv.70+ parties, I have that set as Sleep II) Refresh on ALT+5 and Regen on ALT+6, Dispel on ALT+0 and Phalanx on CTRL+0, and Barspells on CTRL+1 through CTRL+6, I have no room for magic burst macros. If the type of mob we're fighting is pretty consistent, and if we're using the same skillchain all the time, I might set up CTRL+1 to be the magic burst macro, and include the proper staff change for that, then the switch back to a light staff. The only problem I have is when I want to rest MP, particularly mid-battle. I just don't have room for a rest macro that includes a staff change, so I have to do that manually.

What Square-Enix really should do is include a third row of macros in each set that would allow ten CTRL+ALT macros. With that, I could CTRL+ALT+0 to rest and set my magic burst spells on CTRL+ALT+1 through CTRL+ALT+6.

I suppose I could just set up two different macro sets side by side, but with only ten macro sets, and I like to work with all my jobs. It's bad enough having to mule so much to get all my gear for the different jobs, but I'm tired of resetting macros all the time, too.

Comment

I had a similar problem. I made my Convert macro a <st> type(Mainly to avoid acidently clicking it off at the wrong time. . .Im sure we've all shot off macros at bad timing).

But it definately works if you put the /equip main "Light Staff" after the <st>

I use a PS controller on my comp since it doesnt act on my carpal lol, so I have to use the macros as mucha s I can

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

The Light Staff is your friend
                      i use the same macro as bikkebakke i have never had a person die becouse my macro messed up on me half way throught it
                      "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
                      "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
                      "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

I've never had a <stpc> macro fail on me. Always put the equip switches AFTER the <stpc> part of the macro and you'll be fine.

F-keys are great if you're only working inside an alliance but if you get too used to them they can hurt you when you're doing other activities like Dynamis where you need to cast spells on people outside your alliance.

Icemage

Comment

This is kind of a dumb question...but I don't play many mage jobs, what does <stpc> do? I personally use F keys for everything, and otherwise I type out my spells when in an alliance...I know that's for the most part impossible in Dynamis, but when I'm doing something with my LS or whatnot, I can type fast enough to get off spells. But yea, anyone mind telling me what <stpc> targets? I'm still learning stuff after playing this game for like 8 months now @_@

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

<stpc> limits your target selection to player characters, so when you use tab or numpad 0 to cycle through targets, mobs and pets will get skipped over.
                            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Ahhhh I see...that'd be quite useful :D I had watched a video where I saw someone hitting a macro and scrolling through people and wondered how they do it...thanks for the info :D

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X