This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rdm/nin /sigh

i am nearing the end of my rdm path at lvl 58 and ive been told to lvl ninja. Now i know the full advatages of rdm/nin and know their potiental. i would like to lvl nin but the fact that its basically 1 mil out the gate deviates me from the process ; ;

is it crucail to lvl nin for rdm?

nin's style does not seem to fit me. i just wont excel at it or like at as i would other jobs. not only that but the hugh monetary requirement is a lil depressing ._.
    any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated ^^

Re: rdm/nin /sigh

It's not crucial. But it definitely makes you more flexible. You won't be using /nin sub in an exp party that's for sure. But for some endgame activities, bcnms, or things outside of an exp situation rdm/nin can be quite godly. You can do just fine without it, though, just know your soloing capabilities will be more limited.
    My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
    Originally posted by Balfree
    Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

you wouldnt really need to level your ninja until your about lv 74RDM.
      you dont really use rdm/nin in parties. usually keep what you are subbing now
      but later on in ur rdm you might need to level drk and nin.
      Hmmm, L33t Pullers at work!
      [75NIN][75SAM] [75DRK] [75BRD] [71RDM] [65DRG]

Comment

It's expensive, but at your level you should be able to do the scroll quests easily. Those are the hardest part. I had always understood nin to be more of a solo sub, rarely ever used in a group setting. I've heard rdm/nin can tank an HNM in a pinch until something better arrives, but I don't know why you wouldn't just kite it instead.

I find nin to be a lot of fun. It's a very busy job like rdm, with a lots of room to excel with player skill.
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Why so much pressure to level NIN at RDM58? BCNMs? Chains of Promathia missions? As mentioned above, RDM/NIN isn't otherwise terribly effective outside a few level-capped events before you hit level 74/37 with Utsusemi: Ni.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
            i am nearing the end of my rdm path at lvl 58 and ive been told to lvl ninja.
            Do you mean you're retiring rdm? because if not and if you mean u're closer to 75.. then .. Level 63 is 1/2 way to 75 on the experience scale . Also, Till 74 you'd be better served leveling /blu /drk or /war as solo/meelee sub jobs.

Comment

OP:

Maybe level-wise you feel like you are nearing the end, but xp-wise, you aren't even half way there.

Nin is the most useful solo sub, however /war or /drk, and even /pld have advantages depending on the situation and are cheaper to level up. Many people say /nin is useless till you get Ni, that's not true at all, at your lvl you already got the last fast cast (not counting AF) and Haste which will let you use Utsusemi much more often.

Practice will show you that as a /nin at least 3/4 of the time you'll be using Ichi to tank, while only using Ni as a safety net in case your shadows get taken away or you gotta recast buffs and need the extra shadows.

The reason for this is Ichi overwrites itself so you can recast shadows without waiting for them to wear off as long as you are ready to recast, while if you were tanking with Ni you'd have to wait for it to wear off (Ichi's recast time is faster than Ni's). Also Ichi doesnt have any effect if you have Ni on so you'll have to take Ni off yourself or wait till all the Ni shadows are used which can be too much trouble in a close fight.

Both are 3 shadows each.

So, to make a long story short /nin isn't necessary for you unless you are planning on soloing tough mobs or trying some BCs, the only subs you really need for xp parties are WHM and BLM, while DRK sub is kinda required for many endgame activities.

You still have plenty of time to figure out what subs you wanna lvl for your RDM, so don't worry too much about it for now, good luck.
              sigpic
              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

On a bright side, Rdm/nin is the perfect kiter for the level 40 BCNM which drops peacock charm ^^b
                If you can get people to do that BC on a regular basis, you're looking at lots of gils $$$
                There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

If you don't want to lvl nin, don't. You don't need it. I've never been asked to sub nin besides once for a bcnm. Bcnm's are not mandatory in endgame so I wouldn't worry about it. But I would start lvling drk if I were you. Now THAT I've been asked to sub many many times in endgame........too bad I don't have it lvled! LOL (I dread being a taru and lvling up drk!) Another sub I would recommend lvling is bard. Icemage can give you the lowdown on that if you want to know more.
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
                    for the level 40 BCNM which drops peacock charm
                    That's an absolute waste of seals. >< ... just go do that bcnm 20 with 3 crabs or w/e and u're looking at 1.5m a week.. (you need 3 rdms tho) ppl have gone 0/10 on that 40 bcnm.. that's 400 frigging seals.. they could have made 30m spent 20 on a charm and got 10m spare change... wish i had 400 seals..

Comment

RDM/NIN adds extra versatility for missions/quests and soloing, but isn't necessary. In HNM situations, you'll be expected to level DRK for Chainspell Stun.

RDM 75/WHM 38/BLM 37/DRK 37/NIN 37/PLD 37 -- Cooking 96.7+1
                      Image by Askannyi
                      LoneGamer.net

Comment

hmm. i wouldnt like to play nin cause it just isnt really my style of play. Drk to me seems to be a interesting job to play, moreso than nin. what is the advantages of drk? would that make more of a solo type job as a rdm/drk than a rdm/blm?

Comment

rdm/drk in solo gives you access to Drain and Aspir like blm. Advantages over blm are Vorpal Blade and additional melee attack power from job traits, but you don't get sleepga, warp, and escape in case things go wrong. Drk sub in endgame events is mostly used for Stun, especially with Chainspell.
                          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
                            hmm. i wouldnt like to play nin cause it just isnt really my style of play. Drk to me seems to be a interesting job to play, moreso than nin. what is the advantages of drk? would that make more of a solo type job as a rdm/drk than a rdm/blm?
                            /DRK gets some extra Attack, and access to Vorpal Blade weaponskill, which makes farming solo somewhat easier if you aren't needing the MP savings from /BLM or the extra protection of /NIN.

Icemage

Comment

Or the status cures from /WHM, to add onto Icemage's comment.

RDM 75/WHM 38/BLM 37/DRK 37/NIN 37/PLD 37 -- Cooking 96.7+1
                              Image by Askannyi
                              LoneGamer.net

Comment

Working...
                              X