This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravity

Hey quick question on Gravity. I was thinking recently, since one guy was stressing over me casting it, does gravity just lower move rate as it says? or does it also lower mob evasion rate as this guy was telling me. I hope he was just refering to the Gravity mobs cast on you, but if it lowers evasion.. I gues I'm on the noob rdm list

Re: Gravity

yeah, it does lower evasion. nothing earth shattering from what i can perceive, but it doesn't hurt. however, if you're already strapped for time/mp casting all your other stuff, i think you can afford to skip it (let them eat sushi).

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Ahh well being a taru rdm/blm (with conserve :D) mana is usually never an issue. I'll plan on casting it from now on I guess, thanks for your info.

Comment

Yea its not a huge improvement but frost + grav will make a bit of a difference in accuracy for us melee ;p

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Ahh never really paid attention to those elemental debuff things, the BLM usually takes care of them. I should probably pay attention to see if he/she is actually using them. Another quick question on those frost/shock/etc debuffs: The stat debuff is unstackable? Like you cant have rasp and shock on for dropping agi and dex?

Comment

Im not sure, but you might be able to stack them. Ive seen various RDMs and BLMs cast more than 1 in a fight, but I really cant say anything further than that.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

I almost always cast it, unless I know it's about to be a real short kill. Just in case a big MB changes the mobs mind and it runs after me or the BLM, gives the Tank plenty of time to remind it of it's place.

That's helpful since I now seem to be MB'n for a pretty consistent 200dmg.
              Odude
              PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
              RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
              SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Well I apply it for those purposes but never thought about evasion debuff.

Comment

Remember Opposite Elements do not stack: If you cast Frost then Burn, frost
                  will wear off being that FIRE > ICE.

Burn >> Choke >> Shock works together and Frost >> Rasp >> Drown also work.
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Ahh thanks for the info.

Comment

I hate casting grav due to the mp cost and the somewhat quick wear time, but at least it's fast. Seems to lower mob evasion somewhere between 5-10. It's barely noticeable compared to bard's madrigal. It does however lower movment speed a lot, which is why it's a premier kiting spell (however mobs resist it the more it gets cast).

I always have other debuffs take priority, with grav near last (just above poison for importance). Just cast and recast grav if the mob is tough for the melees to hit, otherwise sometimes it's up, sometimes not if I'm running low on mp.

Comment

I did a test on Crawlers with gravity and an exp party that cooperated with me. We got the following results. Gravity improved everyone's accuracy by 10-12%. This includes ranged accuracy too. What I don't know is if gravity's potency comes from INT (in terms of evasion) or if it is a constant regardless of level. Something to think and test in the future I guess
                        http://kofman2155.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well, one time in Garlaige Citadel I was Aggroed by a beetle while PL'ing a friend. I think it was EP+ to me at first but after Sleep > Buff > Debuff > Attack, it was EP with low EVA, I had either Melon Pie or Sweet Rice Ball active the whole time, so it wasn't like I just ate a meat mithkabob. I didnt use the elemental debuffs.

Every time I almost get BLM to no longer be a gimped subjob, I level my main again.

So basically, yes Gravity does lower EVA, and as a RDM, when I go into melee, I do notice a difference.

and before anyone starts whining, I melee outside of XP parties.
                          Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
                          G1 (X) 2(X) 3(X) 4(X) 5(Test aquired)
                          San Doria Rank 6
                          ZM5, PM2-5, ToAU 1-1

Which FF Character Are You?

a male version anyways >.> ... ~.^

#2 Vivi #3 Kuja

Comment

Originally posted by Tokitoki
                            Im not sure, but you might be able to stack them. Ive seen various RDMs and BLMs cast more than 1 in a fight, but I really cant say anything further than that.
                            They don't stack on normal terms. But one person's cast can stack over another depending on the elemental or enfeebling skill.
                            Altaeciana:75RDM/40BLM/71WHM/40SMN/37NIN/37DRK/40RNG/37WAR
                            Elemental days of our lives . . .:Fire-Earth-Water-Wind-Ice-Thunder-Light-Dark

Comment

Originally posted by Altae
                              They don't stack on normal terms. But one person's cast can stack over another depending on the elemental or enfeebling skill.
                              Skill has nothing to do with how the elemental debuffs interact. Debuffs that are linked to an element "strong" against an existing debuff effect will wipe the previous effect and prevent the old effect from being applied:

Cast Drown (water) on enemy.

Cast Shock (lightning) on enemy.

-> The target's Drown effect disappears.

Cast Drown on enemy:

-> Drown has no effect.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
                              X