X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Red Mages!

Refresh the paladin, thank you.

Re: Hey Red Mages!

Ok we get it, a RDM didn't refresh your paladin. Now stop coming here and making dumb posts. Thank you.

Comment

What if I say no?

Comment

impaction, you should know better than to post these kinds of messages...

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Damnit Keji, quit trying to turn all communisit on us!

REFRESH THE PLD!
          -Baka Inu!
          Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
          Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
          Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
          Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

Refreshing the PLD was actually pretty rare during the first month(s) of Retail FFXI. There seriously were RDMs going around thinking only MAGES needed refresh. And no one would touch the PLD since he's a "Melee" type class. Mr. "Up Front & Personal." But that was like 2 years ago now. If anyone on Midgardsormr knew Helpme and still maintain contact with him, you can even ask him how the refresh status was 2 years ago :D
            Altaeciana:75RDM/40BLM/71WHM/40SMN/37NIN/37DRK/40RNG/37WAR
            Elemental days of our lives . . .:Fire-Earth-Water-Wind-Ice-Thunder-Light-Dark

Comment

If you are gonna make this thread, make a thread telling PLD to REST FOR MP instead of standing there like they are DD.

Of course there are exceptions but I've PT with too many PLD who stay standing to save 13tp..... (I can see TP% via the windower)

Originally posted by SevIfrit
              we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...

Comment

I'll keep doing my job and keep you refreshed if you dont whine about your refresh being off for 5 whole seconds because my spell has a cooldown timer e.e

Comment

Zomg yah dere was liek diz whm in pt who wuldnt heel n i tol him 2 but be didnt n den we kicked him wuz i wrong? wuz diz bad idea? i tink i will make post on whm form and say dat diz whm was bad

Originally posted by blazeofglory
                  I'll keep doing my job and keep you refreshed if you dont whine about your refresh being off for 5 whole seconds because my spell has a cooldown timer e.e
                  I have to say that is one of my biggest pet peeves. When I'm already on top of the refreshes and etc, or I'm busy casting an important spell, or quickly dropping a MB etc. and someone bitches about Refresh or Haste not being up for like 5 seconds.
                  Last edited by Keji; 09-29-2005, 11:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Keji
                    Zomg yah dere was liek diz whm in pt who wuldnt heel n i tol him 2 but be didnt n den we kicked him wuz i wrong? wuz diz bad idea? i tink i will make post on whm form and say dat diz whm was bad
                    Ouch. Do you really have to take a potshot at me? Jesus.

Corwynn's Journal

Red Mage for life.

What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostraven
                      If you are gonna make this thread, make a thread telling PLD to REST FOR MP instead of standing there like they are DD.

Of course there are exceptions but I've PT with too many PLD who stay standing to save 13tp..... (I can see TP% via the windower)
                      AAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN! Unless your ws is ABSOLUTELY VITAL for the party to kill the mob, and if it is then the pt probably sucks, sit your arse down and get a few ticks of MP!!

Originally posted by Keji
                      I have to say that is one of my biggest pet peeves. When I'm already on top of the refreshes and etc, or I'm busy casting an important spell, or quickly dropping a MB etc. and someone bitches about Refresh or Haste not being up for like 5 seconds.
                      Such is the way of the rdm. ; ; I've said it before and I'll say it again, rdm's are very "underappreciated". When a blm hits a mb or the dd's renkei etc. you hear people saying {Good Job!} but how often does a GOOD rdm hear that? {/sigh}
                      Originally posted by Feba
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      Originally posted by DakAttack
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Good RDMs have refresh priority something like this:

RDM > PLD > WHM > SMN > BLM > anyone else

Notice how PLD is #2 on the list? End of discussion.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
                          Such is the way of the rdm. ; ; I've said it before and I'll say it again, rdm's are very "underappreciated". When a blm hits a mb or the dd's renkei etc. you hear people saying {Good Job!} but how often does a GOOD rdm hear that? {/sigh}
                          Thats because people are too busy yelling at us to refresh and haste them!

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
                            Good RDMs have refresh priority something like this:

RDM > PLD > WHM > SMN > BLM > anyone else

Notice how PLD is #2 on the list? End of discussion.

Icemage
                            I follow this list, but depending on their current MP, I may switch SMN and BLM around.

Lately I've had a lot of JPN parties, and they've all told me I did very well. But I got an invite today just as I logged on. I was only planning on doing some farming or crafting as I only had an hour to spend. I told them I only had an hour, but they wanted me to come out anyway.

The NIN tank wasn't a bad NIN, but just annoyingly bossy. As if nobody else knew how to do their job. Most NIN's I party with only ask me to Enfeeble if they're resisted. This one says he's not going to do any enfeebling until he's Lv.44.

I stay longer than I told them I would, the NIN basically orders me to stay after I said I have 5 minutes tops to stay. Then says they don't need me, not like I made any difference. The WHM and the BLM immediately spoke up for me. Which felt nice.

So I think most other mages really appreciate us, and in my experience a lot of them speak up and say something. But there are those that don't quite realize what it is we do for the party. But let a NIN see "mob is paralyzed" 3 straight times as they get their shadows back up, and maybe they'll really know what we can do for them.

EDIT:
                            I've yet to party with a BRD since I've learned Refresh. Do we Refresh them? So many of them have such low MP, and already have Ballad up, should we put them at the end of that list?
                            Odude
                            PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                            RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                            SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Yeah I always hit me first, then pally, then whm ( if there is one ), followed by others (depending on current mp.) In parties with ninja I'll refresh me, then damage casters (Even if there is a whm and even then only depending on WHM mp useage). God I love parties with ninja :D

Double Post Edited:
                              Originally posted by tdh
                              I follow this list, but depending on their current MP, I may switch SMN and BLM around.

Lately I've had a lot of JPN parties, and they've all told me I did very well. But I got an invite today just as I logged on. I was only planning on doing some farming or crafting as I only had an hour to spend. I told them I only had an hour, but they wanted me to come out anyway.

The NIN tank wasn't a bad NIN, but just annoyingly bossy. As if nobody else knew how to do their job. Most NIN's I party with only ask me to Enfeeble if they're resisted. This one says he's not going to do any enfeebling until he's Lv.44.

I stay longer than I told them I would, the NIN basically orders me to stay after I said I have 5 minutes tops to stay. Then says they don't need me, not like I made any difference. The WHM and the BLM immediately spoke up for me. Which felt nice.

So I think most other mages really appreciate us, and in my experience a lot of them speak up and say something. But there are those that don't quite realize what it is we do for the party. But let a NIN see "mob is paralyzed" 3 straight times as they get their shadows back up, and maybe they'll really know what we can do for them.

EDIT:
                              I've yet to party with a BRD since I've learned Refresh. Do we Refresh them? So many of them have such low MP, and already have Ballad up, should we put them at the end of that list?
                              I agree with you, especially about us being unappreciated but I've come to think of it as jealousy as we are the soloooooooo kings! next to bst of course... talking about bosses and other hard stuff though so I figure rdm are better?

Ahh parties with BRDs are awesome (only ever been in one and that was at level 61) I have to say it was the best thing in the world! Especially with Nin tank and SMN. I found I never had to refresh the BRD. He had really little MP and altough at times he was sitting low, I asked him if he would like refreshes, and he told me it would be a waste of mp, and he was doing fine.

One thing I found while in the party with BRD was that me and the blm were spamming stone 1 for no MP cost which were hitting for constant 20-40 damage. It was sweet considering the no mp cost.

(sorry about grammar... I haven't slept in two days.)
                              Last edited by Keji; 09-29-2005, 01:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X