This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elemental Staves and farming

I'm kinda in a dilemna here. My brother wants his dark and light staff back so that puts me back at 0 of the elemental staves. Those two are the most important I hear so farming for those will be a real pain. Light is 350k and Dark 150k. I really don't see how I'm supposed to make that much money. I'm always floating around 10k-50k. Any ideas on farming or staves I could skip for the time being. Ice is only 20k so I guess I should pick one up now? I would have to farm for a year at this rate before I can level "effeciently" again.

Re: Elemental Staves and farming

WOW!! I wish those two were only 400k combined. They're both at least 300k each, and I think the Light Staff is 450k. But Ice Staff has been dropping in price big time. I just bought my Ice Staff for 20k as well.

As far as farming? Well things on my server are crazy as far as prices go. But today I farmed up a good 100k. 2 Stacks of Beehive chips (12~13k/stack), 2 stacks of Silk Thread (40k stack). If I just focus on Giddeus I can get 4 stacks of beehive chips and 2 stacks of Silver Beastcoins (10k/stack). If I bring Wind and Earth Crystals I can synth all the Yag Beads into Grass Cloth. (8~10k/stack) You can also turn Yag Feathers in to Yag Fletchlings (2k/stack in Sandy) It can be slow depending on your job, but as a DRK/THF I can knock out a pretty good chunk of a goal in a night. So I farmed 100k in about 2 hours before I came to work today. I don't see any reason why anybody else with Treasure Hunter and Clothcraft Lv.20 or higher couldn't do the same.
    Odude
    PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
    RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
    SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

All I have is a measly rdm 57 and blm 29

Comment

try mining
        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

go out an level thf

1. at 15 you get TH1
          1.1 some say, the higher your THF the more TH1 effect gou gain
          2. as rdm/thf you can farm very easy, kill all you can find in rolandberry from those
          Death Wasp / Beehive Chips 6k-14k per Stack depends on Server
          Goobbue Farmer / Tree Cuttings 10K-15K EVERY depends on Server but very rare
          Berry Grub / Silk Thread 25k-40k per Stack depends on Server but rare

if you are farming for the staffs and can afford the light and dark, you will be double happy because you know what u done for this and that it is your REWARD

good luck
          Monchichie

Ayumie

Comment

if you plan to farm, 15 thf will be a big big help. there's 2 easy popular farming you could try... crawlers for silk, bees for hive chips. those 2 sells good, fast and for decent price.

IMO, you should get dark staff first. that alone should be ok for levelling PTs. Next, you should get ice, water and wind. ice and water will help tons with paralyze and slow, wind is for gravity and silence.
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Umm, Slow is earth element, so Earth Staff for that, right? Or am I thinking of Elegy?
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
                Umm, Slow is earth element, so Earth Staff for that, right? Or am I thinking of Elegy?
                Paralyze = Ice
                Slow = Earth (So yes you are correct ^^)
                Gravity = Wind
                Blind = Dark
                Silence = Wind
                Poison = Water
                Sneak = Wind
                Invisible = Wind
                Bind = Ice
                Blink = Wind
                Stoneskin = Earth
                Aspir = Dark
                Drain = Dark

If you sub blm have the appropriate staves macro'd in for elemental debuffs:

Drown = Water
                Burn = Fire
                Choke = Wind
                Rasp = Earth
                Shock = Thunder
                Frost = Ice

I macro in my staves whenever possible for most of my spells. I don't care if people say it works or not, its my choice.
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
                  if you plan to farm, 15 thf will be a big big help. there's 2 easy popular farming you could try... crawlers for silk, bees for hive chips. those 2 sells good, fast and for decent price.

IMO, you should get dark staff first. that alone should be ok for levelling PTs. Next, you should get ice, water and wind. ice and water will help tons with paralyze and slow, wind is for gravity and silence.
                  JEI IS BACK!!!!!! ^^

If you want to farm then farm bees on Zegham Hill in North Gustaberg and get thf to 15 for TH1. Chips drop like mad and sell for mucho dinero. On fairy, I've found that its actually better money to mine in someplace like Gusgen and just bite down and bear competing with the gilsellers for mining points. It should only take you an hour or two to find most of the spots and to pick a good path to continually run. I can make atleast 100k/hr mining and thats assuming I dont get my friend to craft my darksteel ores for me. 150k-200k if he does craft them.
                  I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I've found that people are farming beehive chips like crazy as of late. I usually go to Giddeus and farm away. I usually walk away with 3 stacks of beehive chips before I call it a night. Well I went two days ago and I had crazy competition. I was having problems even finding bees to kill.

I decided to run and kill Crawlers outside of Mhaura. They dropped 18 in 25 minutes, then it nothing for an hour. I came back two hours later and it still took me 35 minutes to get my last 6 threads. That's the stuff that drives me crazy.

As far as having properly leveled THF sub helping with Treasure Hunter, I dunno. My THF is Lv.25, but I didn't notice a difference from when it wasn't properly leveled.
                    Odude
                    PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                    RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                    SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

thf 15 you got trasure hunter. that is the only thing you really need 15, 25, same ability.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Unless you want the Evasion Bonus at 30, but I had THF leveled at 15 for a long time for my RDM to farm with and it's more than enough.
                        What I farmed around your level was tigers in Beaucidine Glacier, and Bat Eyes but they were a bit slow going. Once you hit 60 find 2 WAR/NINs sub WHM and do this Celery BCNM where you pick one of three ghosts that is weak to axes and just let the WARs pound on him while you keep them alive and look out for curse. Best drops from that are Elusive Earring, we get 2/3 on the runs I did. They go for about 1.5 mil each on my server.

Comment

I can use a drk75/thf37 for farming , but if I was to level thf how low are the bees on that hill you said earlier? If I was to level thf I might just kill bees until they gave me no xp at all. Money seems to come and go real easy though, sometimes I go to Pashow marshlands and kill marlboro and gobbue there with no thf and I get decent money. Though currently I have dark light and ice (forgot to mention that) next is wind for silence (really sucks when it resists), afterwards probably water and earth?

Comment

the hill is in newbie zone, around level 4-5 can kill up there i think. be ware of goblins if you're low tho.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I personal think RDM should get either Ice Staff or Light Staff first, then Dark Staff.
                              Ice Staff if you nuke more and Light Staff if you cure more.

From time to time, I found myself did not have much time resting after those debuff/Dispel/Haste/Refresh. When puller out to pull next mob, I usualy heal/Refresh PT members. You will need to rest 20 seconds before Dark Staff's +10MP regen can kick in. Chance are that I won't be able to rest 20 seconds during break.

With your own Refresh/Convert, I don't think Dark Staff is that important to RDM compare to BLM/SMN/WHM.

Comment

Working...
                              X