Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are definitely some extreme case anticans for example. Bard is singing to the tanks, white is 2 steps in front of me, and both of them got silenced! now, what can a Rdm/blm do in that situation run to the whm and trade an echo drop? hehe
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
      there are definitely some extreme case anticans for example. Bard is singing to the tanks, white is 2 steps in front of me, and both of them got silenced! now, what can a Rdm/blm do in that situation run to the whm and trade an echo drop? hehe
      Run to the group behind and asked for silena. I did that yesterday when I got silenced by another group's Antican yesterday. >.>
      WHM 75 | BLM 37 | RDM 63 | WAR 75 | MNK 44 | NIN 37 | RNG 20
      Windurst Rank 10 | Bastok Rank 10 | Sandoria Rank 3
      No more permanent stats on "In areas outside own nation's control" items.
      Combat Caster's Boomberang +1 | Master Caster's Bracelets
      Sandoria is gay.

I'm a warrior and I kill stuff! RAWR!

ph34r the Gigant Axe rush.

Comment

hmm looks like i should level whm then so i can switch between blm and whm for subs.

Comment

hmm looks like i should level whm then so i can switch between blm and whm for subs.

That's what I am going to do,But I am also going to swicth between summoner, and Bard too.

Comment

The benefit of summoner so far as a sub for me has been less than stellar, but I also have not gotten to 50/25 for the auto-refresh. However, I still use it when I'm needed as a bottomless-mp-pit. When using summoner as a sub, even without divine seal, I end up with well past the needed amount of mp to keep chaining, even after 2 cure III's, a regen and refresh ^^v

Despite the niceties of summoner though, I'm now levelling black mage to 30, to cover my advance to level 60 rdm. White mage will follow as well, somewhat soon here. I've found the need for more nuking capability to be higher, than the buffs that whm provides (I've gotten the hang of working with the blm on magic bursts, usually 2 burst each on every WS). One question I have is whether this will still be the case past level 50? I've been managing my mp well, especially now with refresh, and water II mb's are doing well for us as a group...will I still be MB'ing past 50?

Thanks for the great list of stats, its now part of my job notes library
            -pdac (retired)

At the endgame, I had: Full AF for RDM, RNG and NIN. Sky, Clothcraft 97, smithing 45 and far too much gil. My Jobs ended at RDM 75, NIN 65, RNG 59, BLM 37, WAR 33 and SMN 26. Finally, I synthed a Royal Cloak /signed/ for a friend.

Time to move on.

See you all on the flip side (*'-')/

Comment

Its already been said, but I seriously believe the subchoice boils down to the rest of the PT config and where you will be going. For example, if you was leveling off the bones in gustav on something like lv66, whm sub would be good, since bones like to really screw the status of the melee's, cut the whm or other mages some slack and give them a hand, better yet, assigning a individual melee to look after is a good choice. This isn't always the case but it is nice. Only times I have subbed BLM against bones is when there is no BLM present with their Godly MB damage, I have to substitute with mediocre MB

But than on the other hand, fighting stuff like the Weapons and Golems in Ro'Moave (or Tulia? I have access but havent leveled there yet lol) I found whm sub the most useless thing, choice sub would be blm or smn. For blm, the conserve mp is a blessing for your offensive oriented play on such enemies, plus a decent aspir once in a while. for smn sub, if there is no smn or a whm subbing smn its a good call, since the ranged attacks that cause stun are negated with ease using garuda's arial armour

For those that want to raise all the subs your definitly on the right track for efficientcy. Most of you have said it, there is no real better sub, but some subs are just plain suited for particular enemies, the same way certain melee's favour a enemy type (mnk=bones, drg/rng=flying type blah blah)

/selfslap since im only raising smn now :spin:
              Atrox, Ragnorok

Comment

I personally plan on using WHM (20) till RDM is at 40. That way when I'm leveling BLM, WHM will always be ready... I might level WHM higher for those "incase of" situations, we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgraw
                  I personally plan on using WHM (20) till RDM is at 40. That way when I'm leveling BLM, WHM will always be ready... I might level WHM higher for those "incase of" situations, we'll see.
                  That's what I was doing too, but I found it very time consuming trying to level 3 jobs, so I just took WHM to 10, the will take BLM to 20, then go back to RDM until at least 41, then go back to BLM again. It will be a pain, but I'll deal with it. Almost got 3 levels with my BLM at Shakrami last night, so I'm close to 15... I hit Valkurm tonight, and hopefully I'll get a couple more levels.

Then I get RDM to 25 and hunt Ghelsba and Giddeus keys *cries* I'm terrified of going to Kazahm... I've heard nothing but bad things, other than the exp from onions.
                  FFXIV: ARR - Leviathan Server - 50 Bard, 47 Dragoon, 50 All crafts, 48 Botany, 48 Miner
                  FFXI: Shiva Server

Comment

since im elvaan i figured id sub blm because it gives the best int and mp boosts (dont have smn...yet). that way both my black enfeebles and my white enfeebles should both be good

Comment

Twylyght makes a very good point. Your RDM's race probably should be considered a bit as well when choosing which subjob to go with, if all things are equal. For a Galkan or Elvaan especially, the extra bit of mp and INT along with conserve mp would really come in handy in most situations. Tarus, on the other hand, might be more inclined to sub WHM to help balance out their MND as well as HP for an ideal convert ratio. All in all this is an excellent chart that lays out the advantages and disadvantages of each subjob in a fact based format.

Comment

There's a good discussion about this here:

http://ffxionline.com/forums/showthr...4&pagenumber=1

Were I made some comments along the lines of what is stated in this topic.

Comment

I think that choosing betweeen WHM and BLM as a sub really depends on how you want to play the game.
                          61-RDM 33-BLM 32-DRK 15-THF 16-WHM 8-SMN 11-BST 5-PLD 24-RNG 10-NIN 1-SAM 13-WAR 6/6AF 4/4 RSE RANK 8 San'Doria

Comment

Makes me more secure in my base combo.

Thank ye very large, matey.

Comment

I think blk mage is the better sub from 1-30, but from 30+ i would prefer wht subbed.

I leveled red and wht just so i could have multiple subs for my BLM main (lvl 55) red and wht at 37.

I find that at my level i'm inviting red mage's for one reason and one reason alone, to help the pally keep hate, basically to refresh the pally.

Red mages have a million uses in a party, but that one is key to a BLM like me who is overloaded with INT.

?wht helps with downtime alot more then /blm can and isnt a red basically a member to reduce DT.
                              Why be like someone famous when you can be like me.

Comment

Doesn't /BLM provide you with sleepga at RDM62/BLM31 also?
                                Feona - Leviathan Server - Bastok 10
                                RDM75/BLU75/WHM58/etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X