This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Apollo Staff effect Holy Bolts?

Well as you can see in the title, does apollo or light (which one really works?) staff really effects the additional effect on Holy Bolt? and AGI is the DMG modifier for Xbow/Gun right? and STR is the modifier for bow correct?

Re: Does Apollo Staff effect Holy Bolts?

Not sure about the apollo staff, but as for the agi/str question. STR is the main modifier for ws's on both weapons for dmg. With bow, it is the only secondary modifier, for gun and xbow both agi and str are secondary modifiers. As far as I know, only str affects the dmg for any of the weapons with normal atks, agi only affects ranged accuracy. (Only exception I know of is MND for holy bolt dmg)
    As far as light/apollo staff affecting holy dmg, im not sure but does light staff give +MND? I'm guessing you're asking about a hidden effect (like the elemental bonus hidden). Not sure on that one, or heard of anyone trying.

EDIT: typed "latent" effect rather than "hidden" ><
    Last edited by Caspian; 10-07-2005, 07:24 AM.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Both light and Apollo up the additional effect of holy bolt damage. Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
        Not sure about the apollo staff, but as for the agi/str question. STR is the main modifier for ws's on both weapons for dmg. With bow, it is the only secondary modifier, for gun and xbow both agi and str are secondary modifiers.
        That's incorrect. Archery secondary modifiers are AGI/STR, while Marksmanship secondary modifier is only AGI.

As far as light/apollo staff affecting holy dmg, im not sure but does light staff give +MND? I'm guessing you're asking about a hidden effect (like the elemental bonus hidden). Not sure on that one, or heard of anyone trying.
        Yes, light/apollo staff does increase holy bolt damage. Furthermore, it seems that there's a cap on holy effect damage; no matter how much MND you add, it doesn't seem possible to break high 60s/low 70s.

However, two factors can push you over this "cap":

1) light/Apollo staff
        2) lightsday

My personal high is 73 additional effect (103 total MND with a light staff on lightsday vs. a T Caretaker). The other RNGs who helped test this were able to reach low 90s with Apollo staff on Lightsday against TW mobs in Qufim.

Centurio X-I 1/1 - Celphie 1/1 - Deadly Dodo 0/2 - Doppleganger Dio 0/1 - Jaggedy-eared Jack 0/7 - Joo Duzu the Whirlwind 1/1 - Leaping Lizzy 2/16 - Mimas 0/1 - Odqan 1/9 - Orcish Wallbreacher 0/1 - Ose 1/3 - Sagittarius X-XIII 1/1 - Serpopard Ishtar 3/6 - Silk Caterpillar 1/2 - Tom Tit Tat 0/2 - Trickster Kinetix 0/2 - Valkurm Emperor 6/10 - Wyvernpoacher Drachlox 1/1

Comment

90 from additional effects alone? wow that's nice.
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Spider-Dan
            That's incorrect. Archery secondary modifiers are AGI/STR, while Marksmanship secondary modifier is only AGI.
            Do'h! Might help if I actually proofread my posts and crosschecked my references before posting ><. My bad dan.
            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
              90 from additional effects alone? wow that's nice.
              Sorry, that was a typo. I meant low 80s.
              Last edited by Spider-Dan; 11-01-2005, 11:55 PM.

Centurio X-I 1/1 - Celphie 1/1 - Deadly Dodo 0/2 - Doppleganger Dio 0/1 - Jaggedy-eared Jack 0/7 - Joo Duzu the Whirlwind 1/1 - Leaping Lizzy 2/16 - Mimas 0/1 - Odqan 1/9 - Orcish Wallbreacher 0/1 - Ose 1/3 - Sagittarius X-XIII 1/1 - Serpopard Ishtar 3/6 - Silk Caterpillar 1/2 - Tom Tit Tat 0/2 - Trickster Kinetix 0/2 - Valkurm Emperor 6/10 - Wyvernpoacher Drachlox 1/1

Comment

Light Staff increases damage by 10%
                Apollo Staff increases damage by 15%

Comment

There are a few other things that can affect Holy Bolt damage:

Darksday should impact it randomly by -10%, as well as Gloom weather (1 darkness icon, randomly -10%) weather, or Darkness weather (2 darkness icon, -10% to -20%). Note that the arena for the Shadow Lord, as well as Dynamis, are always permanently Darkness weather.

Lightsday, as mentioned, will occasionally boost by 10%. Aurora (1 light icon) weather can boost by 10% randomly, and Stellar Glare (2 light icon) weather can boost by 10-20%. All three of these bonuses can be made consistent by wearing a Korin Obi:

http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/6559

Icemage

Comment

Icemage, don't you mean 0 to 10%(and maybe factors inbetween percents), not randomly 10%.

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
                      There are a few other things that can affect Holy Bolt damage:

Darksday should impact it randomly by -10%, as well as Gloom weather (1 darkness icon, randomly -10%) weather, or Darkness weather (2 darkness icon, -10% to -20%). Note that the arena for the Shadow Lord, as well as Dynamis, are always permanently Darkness weather.

Lightsday, as mentioned, will occasionally boost by 10%. Aurora (1 light icon) weather can boost by 10% randomly, and Stellar Glare (2 light icon) weather can boost by 10-20%. All three of these bonuses can be made consistent by wearing a Korin Obi:

http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/6559

Icemage
                      hmm so what's the total benefit then?
                      30% light damage up?
                      Thanks,
                      Vrytreya

My FFXI Doc

Comment

Re: BRP

Yes, I probably should have been more specific. Each bonus gives either 0%, 10%, or 20% respectively, as appropriate to the conditions.

Originally posted by VZX
                        hmm so what's the total benefit then?
                        30% light damage up?
                        With a Korin Obi on Lightsday during Stellar Glare weather (2 light icons), yes, you'd get a consistent +30% damage boost.

Icemage

Comment

Did you see someone testing this ? or maybe you did test this by yourself?
                          Thanks for the info though. This might be a good replacement for RK Belt for TP
                          Thanks,
                          Vrytreya

My FFXI Doc

Comment

Korin Obi is a static 10% boost on Lightsday only, as opposed to the occasional boost (but MND+2) you'd get with RKB+2.

I thought about trying to get a Korin Obi, but ultimately decided that it's essentially inventory-1. If there was an exp spot that consisently had light/double light weather, maybe. But I doubt I'll even remember to wear Korin Obi on Lightsday during the course of an exp party.

Comment

Originally posted by VZX
                              Did you see someone testing this ? or maybe you did test this by yourself?
                              Thanks for the info though. This might be a good replacement for RK Belt for TP
                              I own the Suirin (Water) and Anrin (Dark) Obis, and several of my LS members have the light obi. All of us have tested and confirmed the bonus effects. All of the following occur naturally anyway, but only rarely. The obis make the bonus effects 100% consistent:

+10% damage during appropriate day
                              +10% damage per correct weather icon
                              +10% Cure Potency for light obi per day/weather icon

The light and dark elemental obis in particular are popular due to the constant presence of 2xDark weather in Dynamis, and the 2xLight weather in parts of Limbus.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
                              X