Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I dunno if this is a dumb question or not, but how about Brass Axe +1 over Beestinger?
    Tomatoes & Tomatopotato @ Pandemonium
    My Taru Blog / Wiki Page

Play golf? Check out my items.

Comment

It doesn't really matter too much at lower levels, so I'd say it's more a matter of your own preferences. Though swapping between axes and the beestinger as each of them caps is a good idea.

Comment

Well, I guess I'll get both then. Capped both on other jobs, so I'll use the Beestinger when we go fight worms and axe everything else.
        Tomatoes & Tomatopotato @ Pandemonium
        My Taru Blog / Wiki Page

Play golf? Check out my items.

Comment

Ive tested it and Found Fransica to be worthless, Hawkers+1 being the best endgame knives for a Rng period. NQ Hawkers being next in line. Also for peacock charm, worthless IMO for rng. Youre Rng, should be attacking from a range, pointless for a rng to be meleeing, so why do you need normal accuracy. Here would be my setups for endgame rng at least, assuming you use ninja sub.

God/Hnm fight

Melee slot : Hawkers +1
          Head: Optical Hat
          Neck : Ranger Necklace
          Earrings: Genin Earring, Suppanomimi
          Body: Kirins Osode (AF1 body otherwise)
          Hands: Seiryu Kote
          Rings: Merman's Rings/ Behmoth Rings
          Back: Amemit Mantle+1
          Waist: Royal Knight's Belt+2
          Legs: Dusk Trousers / Scout's Braccae (Crimson Cussies subbed in to kite if needed)
          Feet: Crimson Greaves or AF1 feet

XP

Melee slot: Hawkers+1
          Ranged: Othinus Bow, Holy Bolts for TP, Darksteel/Gold Musketeer Bolt for weaponskills, Darksteel bolts for Barrage
          Head: Scout's Beret
          Neck: Ranger Necklace
          Legs: Dusk Trousers / Scout's Braccae
          Feet: Suzaku's Sune Ate (the +mnd helps alot on Holy Bolt added Effect, I usually get 50-70 added effect on holy bolts on XP mobs)
          Seamus - Kujata Server
          Rng 75, War 75, Thf 68, Nin 60, Drk 50, Whm 44, Sam 37, Mnk 37
          Alchemy 100+1, Goldsmithing 51, Woodworking 58, Smithing 54

Comment

Peacock Charm is good if you have your slots filled with a different type of gear, you can get +5 Ranged Accuracy from switching in the piece to your neck.

Also, if you're soloing and have a Kraken/Ridill as your main/sub the Peacock Charm will help you out with melee accuracy because your rings will give you negative. It's all in if you're fighting Gods, lowbie HNMs like serket or Behemoth, or soloing and how your gear is setup. When I was exping to 75, I loved my Fransisca to death.
            ヽ(`Д´)ノ★ RNG75 NIN37
            retired or something

Comment

Originally posted by WingZer01
              Ive tested it and Found Fransica to be worthless, Hawkers+1 being the best endgame knives for a Rng period. NQ Hawkers being next in line. Also for peacock charm, worthless IMO for rng. Youre Rng, should be attacking from a range, pointless for a rng to be meleeing, so why do you need normal accuracy. Here would be my setups for endgame rng at least, assuming you use ninja sub.

God/Hnm fight

Melee slot : Hawkers +1
              Head: Optical Hat
              Neck : Ranger Necklace
              Legs: Dusk Trousers / Scout's Braccae (Crimson Cussies subbed in to kite if needed)
              Feet: Crimson Greaves or AF1 feet

XP

Melee slot: Hawkers+1
              Ranged: Othinus Bow, Holy Bolts for TP, Darksteel/Gold Musketeer Bolt for weaponskills, Darksteel bolts for Barrage
              Head: Scout's Beret
              Neck: Ranger Necklace
              Legs: Dusk Trousers / Scout's Braccae
              Feet: Suzaku's Sune Ate (the +mnd helps alot on Holy Bolt added Effect, I usually get 50-70 added effect on holy bolts on XP mobs)

what bout trailers kukri?

Comment

Re: +Ranged Accuracy/+Ranged Attack Gear 1-75

Ok, noone has posted on here in 6 months, which was pre-patch so I thought I'd give a shot and try and update a few things, ask a few questions, and give my general planned upgrades.
                Also, I plan to xp with /war from here on out. I'll be lvling NIN to 37 just incase its ever needed, but at this point I have no intention of xp'ing with it again.
                I'm going to start at ~50 since most patched armor and such isnt available until after that.

Melee: Hawkers > Trailer's Kukri > Francisca. Note: Fire staff or the +1 model could be used instead here if you feel you have enough +r. acc.
                Ranged: War Bow+1, Arbalest +1, Musketeer Gun +1/+2 > Eurytos bow (if I have enough money), Heavy x-bow +1 > Selene's bow (even if I have E-bow at this point, just to test it with if nothing else), Othinus' bow > Hellfire+1
                Head: Emperor's/Empress's Hairpin > Hunter's beret > War beret > Optical Hat/ Wyvern Helm (depending on situation)
                Neck: Ranger Necklace (post patch +acc from peacock charm is worthless and I'd prefer +5 r. atk. over another +5 r. acc.) > one of the lvl. 72 gorgets from the new CoP areas for weaponskills: http://ffxi.somepage.com/questdb/422 Those just look plain sick.
                Earrings: Drone (w/o /NIN Genin is useless) > Fenrir and Triumph Earrings (again its situational)
                Body: Noct +1 > Shikaree Aketon (if I can ever finish the promies ><) > Hunter's Jerkin > Kirin's Osode/ Hunter's Jerkin +1 (may have the +1 before I can get my hands on Osode)
                Hands: Noct +1/RSE (+3 str for humes) > Hunter's Bracer's (only for Shadowbind macros) > Crimson Finger Gauntlets > Seiryu's Kote > Hunter's Bracers +1? (depends on what it means by "Enhances Barrage ability")
                Rings: Carapace +1 > Scorpion +1 > Merman's/Behemoth
                Back: Nomad's Mantle > Amemet Mantle +1
                Waist: Mercenary Captain's Belt > Royal Knight's Belt +2 (checked the other day and +1 and +2 cost the same XD)
                Legs: Noct +1/Republic Cuisses > Hunter's Braccae (definately for sharpshot macro, not sure about complete replacement of Noct, see footnote) > War Brais > Dusk Trousers/Crimson Cuisses
                Feet: RSE (hume, I think elvaan would work here too) otherwise Leapings/Winged if you got them > Hunter's Socks > War boots > Scout's socks

I'm sure I missed some stuff, or that there are other options. If you notice something please speak up and I'll add it. There get to be more and more options it seems with every update. I'll do what I can to keep this accurate.

Footnote: I'm rather torn on whether or not to completely replace Noct Brais +1 with Hunter's Braccae. The af offers +mnd which is nice for holy bolts, but I usually only use xbow to skill marksmenship, I much prefer to use bow unless we're fighting crawlers and dont have a THF using acid bolts. (God bless the thf's who use a xbow ) I dont really feel the +2 accuracy is all that important, and the braccae have over twice the defense of the brais, so they may help a little since I'll be subbing WAR. That and I'm sick and tired of looking at the damn Noct gear. I need opinions on this, so please feel free to throw in your 2 cents.
                Last edited by Caspian; 12-05-2005, 12:31 AM.
                I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

One piece I've been using on my RNG is Bastokan(or Republic) Cuisses. Inside Nation Controlled Area RATK+5/7. Pretty nice if you happen to be the nation on top. Other than that it has a couple Agility on it, so its a rounded piece for RNG even if you don't happen to be in nation controlled area.

Some slots are pretty sad for RNG until high level though. Noct Gloves+1 for forever >_>. Same with Noct Legs. You get tired of certain pieces. One piece I've always thought that might be nice for RNG/WAR is Protecting Bangles(LV56), drop from Diamond Daig in Quicksand Caves. DEF+30. On hands. That's absolutely incredible DEF, only outclassed by Koenig Hands iirc(and are you really gonna miss the 2 RACC). You probably would miss those RSE gloves though, being Hume ;p
                  Typho - Elvaan - San d'Oria - Rank 10 - Titan

THF - 75 | RNG - 55 | NIN - 38 | WAR - 27 | WHM - 20 | SAM - 16 | MNK - 14 | BLM - 10

Comment

Yeah, I thought about republic cuisses, except I'm Bastokan so we control Gustaberg and sometimes Zulkheim. I didnt feel it common enough for myself to use it, but I will add it up there. Thanks.

Comment

My 2 gil:

Ranged: War Bow+1, Arbalest +1, Musketeer Gun +1/+2 > Eurytos bow (if I have enough money), Heavy x-bow +1 > Selene's bow (even if I have E-bow at this point, just to test it with if nothing else), Othinus' bow > Hellfire+1
                      I’m not too sure about the arbalest, musketeer gun, eurytos bow, or heavy cross bow. I’d stick with war bow, and a zamburak +1

Body: Noct +1 > Shikaree Aketon (if I can ever finish the promies ><) > Hunter's Jerkin > Kirin's Osode/ Hunter's Jerkin +1 (may have the +1 before I can get my hands on Osode)

Not sure about the Shikaree Aketon…

Mostly I don’t mind the Noct gear, from a budget standpoint I enjoy the fact that I do not have any equipment that I must pick up…mostly it’s the items which do not affect my appearance that I can change around and increase my stats with.
                      75PLD 42RNG 41WAR 41WHM 32THF 49NIN 35SAM 37BLM 20SMN 35DRG
                      Rank 7 Windurst

http://www.virtus-asura.com

Comment

Oh yeah, I'll update it. Rutter sabatons, Galliard trousers (sp?), and Scout's belt are all very nice. Some people use Archer's jupon, but I'm not a fan of the - r. acc.

Comment

Working...
                        X